Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just in case you didn't hear, Be Our Guest now is doing reservations for breakfast...just made it a permanent addition today.
At some point the hubbub will lesson. But until then good luck

Us too...flying through Philly. 3 hour lay-over, YUCK! But whatever, because at the end of that I will be sipping drinks in WS after checking into my beautiful BC room!!! So excited I can't stand it!
We are flying out of Philly in September and got a awesome price (at least I thinks so) from Southwest, non-stop $845.00 for the 3 of us. All the other airlines were in the $400 each range for non-stop and around $300 each for 1 stop and you had to pay extra for bags.

Last edited:
I did online check in and requested full balcony, upper floor.

Is there a need to fax in a request???

At some point the hubbub will lesson. But until then good luck

I was just out there, and found several available for my dates...and as folks switch from lunch or dinner, there should be other times opening up too...its not common knowledge yet, so if you are quick, you might be able to score one!

So, can you folks who use the "magical" offers...someone said that they are convention rates? Is there any problem with this from Disney's perspective? I mean, since most of us are NOT there for a convention, are there any limitations or restrictions, or other factors that make these offers different than an offer from anywhere else? (Other than price, I mean...)

an not add on anything (Dinning package, for example, free or otherwise) no ticket changes once at Disney (so no adding PH day of arrival). So yes, a few strings.

Do you know if you can upgrade to an AP once there if on this deal??

Thanks. That's a bummer, since I was actually contemplating this on my next trip, but still won't stop me from using them :)

I don't think you have to buy tickets from this TA, do you? If you got tickets from Disney or another vendor you could upgrade them to an annual pass.

I was just out there, and found several available for my dates...and as folks switch from lunch or dinner, there should be other times opening up too...its not common knowledge yet, so if you are quick, you might be able to score one!
Lol

Got my breakfast ADR for my Sugust trip a couple of months ago. 8:05. I'm looking forward to it but am more interested in walking through an empty MK and getting in line early for 7DMT

I don't think you have to buy tickets from this TA, do you? If you got tickets from Disney or another vendor you could upgrade them to an annual pass.
Not sure if they have their deals without tickets

Lol

Got my breakfast ADR for my Sugust trip a couple of months ago. 8:05. I'm looking forward to it but am more interested in walking through an empty MK and getting in line early for 7DMT

While it won't work in with our plans for MK early breakfast during the trip this fall, I'm planning one in the Spring (all girls...woo hoo!!) and will attempt to score an early one on our MK day then!!

On arrival day I'm thinking we will spend the afternoon exploring the YC/BC and enjoying SAB. I'm hoping for a casual dinner, and don't want to have to make a reservation so that we will have flexibility in terms of schedule. DH also wants to check out the Boardwalk at some point--is there somewhere over there that yall would suggest? The menu at Hurricane Hanna's looked good, I'm wondering if we should explore Boardwalk before heading out to swim at SAB and then just take a break from swimming and enjoy a burger (and apparently this Sunken Treasure everyone keeps mentioning?) instead?
We've eaten dinner at the ESPN Club. They don't take reservations.

The campfire starts at 730. Around what time does that end?

We have an ADR at Yachtsman one night at 620 pm. Wondering if we will make the campfire. I know the kids would love it.
The campfire ends before it gets dark - sometime before the movie. I think it only runs for an hour. We have stopped to roast marshmallows on our way to dinner. It is fun. :)

And how about at night? I love night swimming! :-)
It is usually a lot less crowded at night.

No - neither the BC or the YC take faxed requests.

I did online check in and requested full balcony, upper floor.

No, and in fact from everything I have heard the Yacht & Beach Club resort CMs do not take faxed requests into account. The room assigners only pay attention to requests that are called in through the Central Reservations office and requests made through the online check-in process.

:)

No, and in fact from everything I have heard the Yacht & Beach Club resort CMs do not take faxed requests into account. The room assigners only pay attention to requests that are called in through the Central Reservations office and requests made through the online check-in process.

:)

I told my magical TA my room requests. Would this be the same as calling them into the Central Reservations Office?? Because I wasn't going to do online check-in just in case I don't like the location of our room.

I told my magical TA my room requests. Would this be the same as calling them into the Central Reservations Office?? Because I wasn't going to do online check-in just in case I don't like the location of our room.

Yes, that is the same. Your TA will have to call in the requests to CRO. That was one of the things that annoyed me when we used a TA to book our Disneyland trip. I couldn't call in my own requests and I couldn't even make my own payments on the reservation.

:thumbsup2

I know this has been asked but I tried searching for the answer and I can't find it. What time should we be at the bus stop for a 8 am BOG breakfast res?

:thanks:

I was offering up ideas of why she would be charged for what she thought was a free upgrade. I wasn't drunk or accusing anyone of anything. If you booked as a convention and aren't attending one it is sort of a lie (hey I am doing it too, no judgement) and if Disney has started policies against that sort of thing (not saying they have just again trying to offer a suggestion why she was charged) perhaps they cancelled her convention rate because when asked she admitted to not attending one (I wouldn't know how to answer if asked at check in either). Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't I was trying to speculate to help OP.

If the charge was from the TA because she "owned" the reservation until check in and saw the OP was given a higher room category and charged her for it (don't know why anyone would do that but people get bugs up their butt) then what else would you call that other than spying? I didn't say she did that, I said it was an option for what happened.

As for the magical experience, mine has been a hassel. Yes the price is good, but it caused issues with booking dining and the TA shrugged off my frantic plea for help on adr day and said she would put the adrs I didn't get on a watch list (so so glad I did them myself instead of trusting her because I got several that she was watching for and never did anything about), I can never get her on the phone to make a payment (she never calls me back either so I have to keep calling until I get her which is annoying) vs logging on to MDE and just getting it done. So far I have yet to see any service advantage to having her as opposed to doing it myself and it adds unnecessary worry to my upcoming trip because I have to watch everything to make sure she does it.

Lighten up! We always joke around about sunken treasures!

Sorry you had a bad experience with the magical agency. I used them last year and my TA was fantastic! The only reason I didn't use them this year was because I booked. BB with free dining

View attachment 113349

OK, folks, here is the "scoop" (swirl?) on the pineapple treat available at the Frozen Snack Shack at Stormalong Bay from someone who is at the resort now.

As we suspected, they are not allowed to use the D*le Wh*p name due to some trademark or licensing issues. But it is the same delicious cup of wonderful that you can get at MK, DL and the Poly. AK too?

But a Pineapple Frozen Dessert by any other name still tastes as sweet!

Unfortunately, you do need to be staying at the YC/BC/BCV to have access to the snack shack. Poolside waitstaff or people working at Hurricane Hanna's can't get one for anyone not in the pool area.

:woohoo:

I am so setting up a Dole Whip (THERE! I said it!) Stand on the walkway between Hollywood Studios and Epcot and making my millions.

Here we see Dee, myself and Nannette sitting at the check out table while Rebecca (sadly unseen in this image :sad1:) adds more mix to the machine in the kitchen!

cd140-yard-sale-ladies-birthday-card.jpg

So, can you folks who use the "magical" offers...someone said that they are convention rates? Is there any problem with this from Disney's perspective? I mean, since most of us are NOT there for a convention, are there any limitations or restrictions, or other factors that make these offers different than an offer from anywhere else? (Other than price, I mean...)

Nope, none at all. Disney is shooting for as close to 100% occupancy as they can get. Selling through secondary markets is an industry standard to boost occupancy rates.

Not sure if they have their deals without tickets

The deals are available with or without tickets and club level is available to purchase separately unless you are using the 'exclusive' rates available at special times of the year. You'll have to ask.

As for anything in this world, if you are unhappy with the service that you have experienced it is important that you contact management directly and discuss your concerns. That holds true for travel agents or the staff at the hotel. Since so many people have trips coming up shortly it's time to remind everyone that if there is a problem AT the hotel, DO NOT CALL the front desk as this number sends you to a generic call center and your concerns are put at the end of a long list of previous callers.

GO DOWN to the FRONT DESK and ask to speak with a manager. There are managers on duty whose responsibilities include helping guests at the resort.

If you find that your concerns are not being handled in a satisfactory manner by that manager then wait a couple hours and ask to speak with a Different manager. Like my Momma says "They can't all be winners".

Additionally, if you are having a problem or a less than helpful interaction with ANY Cast Member, ~ Be sure to make a note of their name (for example "Brad from Pittsburgh", make a note of the name AND city!). Then you can describe the less than satisfactory customer experience OR a Customer service problem associated with that CM's name.

I have a "Sticky Note" app on my phone that lets me jot down names and cities (Write down the city too!!!) and I love to stop in to Guest services and ask to leave feed back about CM's that I feel go above and beyond to make my experience wonderful, or fun , or helpful, etc. I have on occasion let Guest Services or a Disney manager know when someone is behaving in an unfortunate and decidedly less than customer friendly way.... but those are far and few between.

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter