2014 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ: Vacationing in Grand Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, everyone, I'm glad you are enjoying it!:grouphug:

Anybody have video/photos of the beach area and boca chica garden views?

There are photos of the new beach area on the first page - in the "Recreation" post, I think it is post #14.

Links to photos of the garden views in Boca are also on the first page - in the "Guest Rooms" thread, here and here.:flower3:

Always great to see a "refurbished" thread!! I just made ADR's for my fall trip (I'll probably end up changing them many times, but got everything I wanted). :cool1: Can't wait to get back to the Grand!

Good luck with your dining plans, I have a hard time choosing, too. Glad you got everything you wanted - for now, anyway.:teeth:

Love the refurbished rooms. Between the hotel and the Villas, the Grand definitely has the most beautiful rooms on property. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the new thread. It was getting difficult to search through 250+ pages. I am excited as I only have 7 more days to go!:hyper:

Good morning all :grouphug:

Hi pas :wave2:

Hello, all!:wave2: I did sleep in! Thanks for all the kind words, it still needs a lot of work but we're off and running.;)

Everything looks great :thumbsup2.

I'm getting excited as each day passes, only another few weeks to wait :cool1:

Your trip will be here before you know it :goodvibes.

I am excited as I only have 7 more days to go!:hyper:

:woohoo: Have a great trip.

I am somewhere around the lower 50s. :cool1: (don't have a countdown calendar)

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the GF before you know it :wizard:.

Great new thread - thanks so much! Will be following along as we plan our first GF stay for January 2015!

Good almost Afternoon :wave2:
Hello, all!:wave2: I did sleep in! Thanks for all the kind words, it still needs a lot of work but we're off and running.;)
Loving the new thread. Thank you for all the hard work you put into it! I have shot a video tour of the Grand Suite when we were pixies dusted with it 3 yrs ago, would you like to use it I cam PM it to you

Thanks for the new thread. It was getting difficult to search through 250+ pages. I am excited as I only have 7 more days to go!:hyper:
Yay your trip is almost here. Safe travels incase you don't make it back here before you leave

Lucky you! I am somewhere around the lower 50s. :cool1: (don't have a countdown calendar)
:wave2: Hi hope everything is well with you

Hi :wave2: Blue & MickeyNut

Sure are off and running...looks great! :thumbsup2

Lookin' good, k&a&c'smom!

Thanks for keeping our favorite thread going!

This thread always adds some pixiedust:to my day.

:sunny:

Well said phyllis..mine too....:cloud9:

grwrn There is nothing like being in the single digits!!! :dance3:

Hey ahcupcake !! :goodvibes So nice of you to offer your Grand Suite video...you did a great job with that...loved the music you added to it too...

:wave2: MickeyNut grannyminnie wishes princessp pas..and all of my fellow GF fans!

~For all those with summer trip coming up..I did see a thread on Discounts and codes about a summer AP offer..that included a rooms discount and also free Memory Maker...Not sure if it is a better offer than the GP offer..just thought that I would mention it....:)

TGIF....More time to spend on Disney things!!! :wizard: lol...

Hope that you all have a nice weekend....:earsgirl:

Hello Hello All!!:)

HELP!!! This is my story....my best friend is going WDW in May, they are celebrating 4 different birthdays/anniversary. I ordered a mini cake for one, a chocolate slipper for another and a chocolate mold with strawberries for the last. So, now I am looking to do something for my friend in Citrico's...I wanted to do something different for each. I was hoping to send a bottle of Champagne to her table, but I can't get anyone on the phone at Citrico's and nobody knows of the answer.

If anyone has any other ideas or can help me with my one and only idea...please let know!!

ahcupcake - How are you!!!

Hi :wave2: Blue & MickeyNut

Hi ahcupcake :wave:....good to "see" you back......hope things are going well with you :).

:wave2: MickeyNut grannyminnie wishes princessp pas..and all of my fellow GF fans!

:wave:

HELP!!! This is my story....my best friend is going WDW in May, they are celebrating 4 different birthdays/anniversary. I ordered a mini cake for one, a chocolate slipper for another and a chocolate mold with strawberries for the last. So, now I am looking to do something for my friend in Citrico's...I wanted to do something different for each. I was hoping to send a bottle of Champagne to her table, but I can't get anyone on the phone at Citrico's and nobody knows of the answer.

If anyone has any other ideas or can help me with my one and only idea...please let know!!

I don't have any ideas at the moment, but if I come up with anything, I will be sure to post it :goodvibes.

:wave2: to all my Grand friends. Glad everyone is enjoying the new thread.:grouphug: I added the new rooms to the "Guest Rooms Photos" post, and hope to finish up the rest this weekend.

....I have shot a video tour of the Grand Suite when we were pixies dusted with it 3 yrs ago, would you like to use it I cam PM it to you

:wave: Thanks for the kind offer, I can add your link to the "Suites Photos" post.:goodvibes

I found a link that has the Citricos wine list, if that helps. Not sure how old it is, I can tell you the wines are marked up quite a lot - but that is true of any restaurant, lol.

We've had the Veuve Clicquot Brut, it's pretty good and the mark up percentage is less than, say, the Gruet. The M&C Imperial half isn't too high, not sure how many people will be sharing - it's a slightly sweeter sparkling wine, but a lot of people like it. The Fairy Tale Cuvee is nice, not sure of the mark up there.

If you want to make a bigger splash, I heartily recommend the Ruinart.;)

Hello! On the main page of this thread there are photos of a deluxe room in the main building. It shows a lovely deep tub with the caption "garden tub". Do you know if the deluxe rooms in the outer buildings have that type of tub as well?

Hello! On the main page of this thread there are photos of a deluxe room in the main building. It shows a lovely deep tub with the caption "garden tub". Do you know if the deluxe rooms in the outer buildings have that type of tub as well?

There are some of those rooms in SL. We were there 1/1/14 and the bathroom was the same as a regular room. DH and I were in deluxe king RPC in Nov '13 and that room did have that larger tub.

Have a GRAND time :goodvibes

Always great to see a "refurbished" thread!! I just made ADR's for my fall trip (I'll probably end up changing them many times, but got everything I wanted). :cool1: Can't wait to get back to the Grand!
Congrats...and changes are always fun :thumbsup2
Lucky you! I am somewhere around the lower 50s. :cool1: (don't have a countdown calendar)
Still danceworthy my friend :cool1:

:wave2: :hug:

Great new thread - thanks so much! Will be following along as we plan our first GF stay for January 2015!
:wave2: Excited for your first stay too!!!

:wave2: It is a beautiful weekend here so far!! A little windy but upper 50s, I'll take it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter