(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the GF still do movies at night on the beach? If so, anybody know what they are showing now? Or even better, what they will be showing in three weeks? If anybody knows that I will be super impressed! I'm guessing GF doesn't share that weeks in advance. TIA!

They do still have the movies! Here's the May schedule (GF is near thr bottom of the page): http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/wdw-outdoor-movie-schedule

I haven't seen June yet but I'm sure the site above will update with June soon!

I was trying to Google the November schedule a couple of weeks ago - LOL! I figured it wouldn't be out yet but you never know! I learned they usually change the schedule and movies monthly.

They do still have the movies! Here's the May schedule (GF is near thr bottom of the page): http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/wdw-outdoor-movie-schedule

I haven't seen June yet but I'm sure the site above will update with June soon!

I was trying to Google the November schedule a couple of weeks ago - LOL! I figured it wouldn't be out yet but you never know! I learned they usually change the schedule and movies monthly.

Thank you loveshak22! :thanks:

Good Evening! :wave2:

Patiently waiting for the DWTS finale to start......Fingers crossed for Rumer & Val
Other than that no Disney trips planned...Maybe I need to dig out the planning DVD's

This makes me SO sad! Thank you for letting us know. What a great picture of him! I'm sure it would make his family very happy to have him remembered that way.

You're Welcome! I must disclose that is not my pic, I borrowed it from his Facebook page

ahcupcake Thank you for sharing that info about Christian....and the wonderful picuture too...:sad1: Such sad news..on our last trip I did spend some time talking to him....told him how happy we were to see him back at the GF playing his beautiful music again... He and his music will be missed my many....
You're Welcome Blue.....Wish we would have stopped to talk to him other than "hello"

that is so sad! i have his cd and listen to his music all the time. what a beautiful picture of him. he will be dearly missed.
That's one thing I wish I would have purchased...I was given the Orchestra's cd's and listen to those frequently

Good to "see" you ahcupcake :)

Thanks for posting about Christian, how sad :(. I didn't know him, but I have seen him mentioned a lot here. I'm sure he will be missed a lot.
Hey Mickeynut :wave2:

You're Welcome! Yes he will

What sad news. RIP Christian.

Hey grannyminnie :wave2:

Hello again all.....I'm getting so close to my trip, and I'm so excited to try GF for the first time. I'm just enjoying reading and re-reading the posts here. Thank you all so much for such a great thread with all the help!! I just can't believe it's almost here! :flower1::yay:[/QUOTE

:cheer2: Yay for your first GF...Hope it is the first of many

When DD and I were at WL in Jauary I took these from the 2nd floor main building balcony when we stopped for a visit:)
View attachment 97500 View attachment 97501 View attachment 97502

Ahh fabulous pics trishadono, thanks for sharing!

Checking in! DH, DD4, & I are headed back to the GF November 15-22 for my bday again! After last trip DH pretty much threw down and insisted we only stay there. This is from a guy who when I met him always stayed in the cheapest place possible because "a room is just a room" and "you just sleep there"

I've totally converted him.

This morning is our 180+ so wish me luck! Cannot wait to go back! ;)

Yay :banana::cool1: for your return trip. Happy early Birthday :bday:

Just a random GF shot...the 2nd floor king deluxes located right there above Gasparillas. ..View attachment 97533

Thanks for the pic Blue......I booked a king deluxe by accident well accidentally on purpose..The Kings were the only rooms that were available with an AP discount, so I told my Magical TA to book it anyway...Well when I got the text that our room was ready, I saw that we had mega major super duper uber pixiedust: . I asked a CM if they could tell us where our room was had we not been pixie dusted, 2nd floor above Gaspies, she replied...I said Thank You for the pixie dust

:eeyore:

Hi, ahcupcake, any chance you can talk your mom into a trip in the future? I bet you are beyond ready to return!

Mickeynut. Our trip out west was wonderful...thanks for asking! If you've never been to Jackson, Wy, check it out! We just love it!!:cloud9:

Hi, ahcupcake, any chance you can talk your mom into a trip in the future? I bet you are beyond ready to return!

Mickeynut. Our trip out west was wonderful...thanks for asking! If you've never been to Jackson, Wy, check it out! We just love it!!:cloud9:
Oh I just noticed your upcoming trip to WL. What are your dates? I had to move mine so now 8/23-27. Sue and Beth will be at Poly then too.

That trip is not definitely a "go" right now. My sister and I are strongly considering a trip to DL in mid-Sept, and I can't do two trips so close together. Plus, my DH is on the Aug. ressie, and he really is not crazy about going. Our dates are Around the same as yours, if I recall. The only way I will keep this one is if we don't go to LA, and I would rather go there!

Good Morning! :wave2:

Happy dancing:dancer:cause the right pair/couple won that tacky mirror ball on Dancing With the Stars

Love it! Thanks for posting!

Beautiful pic :cloud9:.

Hope you are able to start planning a trip back to the Grand soon :).

I agree ::yes::.

Great pic :goodvibes.
That's the first thing I'm going to do after winning that giant Powerball jackpot :P

If I had the $$$$ it wouldn't take much to talk me into it....I said to Blue that my passport is up to date maybe we(a giant girls trip after I win the powerball) to Disney Paris

Good Morning! :wave2:

Happy dancing:dancer:cause the right pair/couple won that tacky mirror ball on Dancing With the Stars

That's the first thing I'm going to do after winning that giant Powerball jackpot :P

If I had the $$$$ it wouldn't take much to talk me into it....I said to Blue that my passport is up to date maybe we(a giant girls trip after I win the powerball) to Disney Paris

I'm sorry to inform you, but the winning ticket is in my pocket.......no doubt....just like I'm getting a TPV with a king bed in Boca Chica.....well, it is really a request, but they are going to give me some lottery pixie dust!

Tom

After a ton of calls and switching, we are finally at GF due to the WL construction (Again LOL)...we were planning a trip last year but it got moved 4 times (I know) due to my husband's health issues.

It's a little more than we can afford but we are happy and hope to spend the next 3 trips here as they tear apart the WL. By then I'm sure we'll be hooked.

Good afternoon fellow GF fans! :surfweb:

ahcupcake Say the word and my bags will be packed...Nothing like having a Grand celebration! :dance3:BTW..great pic...What a nice CY view that is!

Tom Don't forget your friends here after you get that winning ticket...:flower3: Btw...that room with the TPV ..and a few trees...lol...and a king bed in Boca Chica is room number 8433...

Trish Sounds like there is gonna be a big old DIS meet in August!! What fun! :rainbow:

MickeyNut Thanks! I am enjoying being able to post the pics....:goodvibes

grannyminnie A DL trip will be wonderful...and a trip to the WL a nice consolation trip if you can't get to DL...:thumbsup2

loveshak Thanks for that link to the Recreation Schedule...:goodvibes

Dispro Meant to mention...Super Bowl weekend is looking like it will end up being a split stay of course ending at the GF....:goodvibes So we will see you there! :teleport:

mexi How is the grand planning going??? We love details around here....:thumbsup2

After a ton of calls and switching, we are finally at GF due to the WL construction (Again LOL)...we were planning a trip last year but it got moved 4 times (I know) due to my husband's health issues.

It's a little more than we can afford but we are happy and hope to spend the next 3 trips here as they tear apart the WL. By then I'm sure we'll be hooked.

Welcome back! :goodvibes I read Kooks thread about the new additions at the WL...looks like there will be quite a bit going on over there for a while....

~ Pandora fans...yes I am still obsessing about those darn things..The Disney Store online has restocked the bracelets and looks like every size is available right now....:cheer2: I just bought one for my DD...want to share the obsession!!! lol...So for all those interested...Happy shopping!!

Hope that you are all having a wonderful Wednesday! :wave2: super shopping GF gal....

Last edited:
OK, I didn't read through all 98 pages so please, help me out.

We bought our DVC spring of 2014 and stayed at BLT later that summer. We toured VGF and are sooooooo glad we bought here. Anyway, we're gearing up to start planning our next trip which will be summer of 2016. We (read, my wife) are setting a reminder so exactly 11 months out, she's booking a 1 bedroom for us. "Us" is the two of us, our son who will be 13 next year and one of his friends, same age. What are some of the requests we should make and some of the "must do's/see's" that we should also plan for? We typically do the parks on given days but I also like to plan a "no plans" day or two. As a surprise to my wife, I hope to schedule her a spa day (going all out with the Getaway). What say thee, great and powerful VGF guru's?

We bought our DVC spring of 2014 and stayed at BLT later that summer. We toured VGF and are sooooooo glad we bought here. Anyway, we're gearing up to start planning our next trip which will be summer of 2016. We (read, my wife) are setting a reminder so exactly 11 months out, she's booking a 1 bedroom for us. "Us" is the two of us, our son who will be 13 next year and one of his friends, same age. What are some of the requests we should make and some of the "must do's/see's" that we should also plan for? We typically do the parks on given days but I also like to plan a "no plans" day or two. As a surprise to my wife, I hope to schedule her a spa day (going all out with the Getaway). What say thee, great and powerful VGF guru's?
http://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-05-14-2015.3192814/#post-49955749
http://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-05-14-2015.3192814/#post-49955749
I hardly get by a week or two without reposting those links!

We did a 2br lake view. We wanted any except 1st floor. The views are all pretty good but the links should help narrow it down.

I love to explore the monorail resorts! There is so much shopping, eating, walking and activities to do!

There will be plenty of room for the guys. My ds at 16 and 6' slept in both the single and queen beds in the living area without any problems. The balcony is good and big too for extra space for hanging out. Your wife will love the walk in closet for sure!!

Having "no plans" days is awesome since you really get to enjoy GF that way! We always like to have one or two of those too:) I can't offer any suggestions for VGF ( Trish already covered that anyway, I think), but I will say that we ALWAYS eat at either California Grill or Narcoossee's during Wishes. It's just magical! You may already know this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Congrats on your new DVC membership!

Good Morning! :flower3:

Page 2 rescue
Sorry I've been M.I.A...No real trips planned just a bunch of fantasy trips..I do have some friends going in 2 weeks, think they're staying at WL

I hate to be the bearer of bad/sad news but I just saw on FB that Christian has lost his battle with cancer earlier today:angel: :littleangel:.......
For those who don't Christian was one the long time piano player in the lobby at the Grand. He was also the harpists at Victoria & Alberts

Rest In Peace Christian

View attachment 97117
I just saw this that he had passed, and am so very sad. I had the opportunity to chat with him when he returned after having been ill. He said he was a"little rusty" but I felt if that beautiful music he created was "rusty", well what on Earth was his music like when he was satisfied he was back? I am so very sorry to hear of his passing, and feel Blessed that I was able to not only meet this man, but to enjoy the lovely interlude his music provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter