(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few friends...other friends ;)...lol...who have been recently..and said that the store on Main Street has been completely transformed..lots of Pandora jewelry cases....I guess there must be a lot of us fans...now is the powers that be would just listen to us...and get those resort specific charms made....:thumbsup2

I'm SO excited to see what they have! It would be awesome if they had GF charms for sale in Summer Lace (at least eventually)!

blue, which store? i was just there and didn't see this, although i must not have been looking in the right place. i'd love to find them during my august trip. i have been "over" pandora for a long time but the addition of disney charms is renewing my interest. i mean, i did see a few disney pandora charms here and there during my trip but i believe only at the resorts and selection was very limited.

blue, which store? i was just there and didn't see this, although i must not have been looking in the right place. i'd love to find them during my august trip. i have been "over" pandora for a long time but the addition of disney charms is renewing my interest. i mean, i did see a few disney pandora charms here and there during my trip but i believe only at the resorts and selection was very limited.

I wish I could remember the name of the store, but I know it's on the right hand side of Main Street if you are going toward the castle. When I was there in Early February, there was only one large case of Pandora jewelry there and only a few Park exclusive designs. There was a huge wall of plywood behind the jewelry counter/case that he said was where they would have the new store with a lot more Pandora, including more park exclusive designs. He said it was supposed to open 2-3 weeks after that. I'll be down there at the end of May so I'll check it out...unless someone else gets there first:) Actually, Tiggerluvspooh on the CL thread had a recent trip report where she featured a Pandora bracelet with a Disney clasp she had purchased. She may know the name of the store, although I don't know where she bought it for sure.

By the way, we had a really fun visit with Richard, the doorman/greeter. He is so sweet, and we were happy to see that this visit he remembered us. (we're not "regulars" like some of you lucky people on here!)

I'm glad you were able to visit with Richard, he is a very sweet man :goodvibes.

Through the years I have had the chance to speak to a couple room assigners. They have no way to tell how you booked your room. Once the room assigners get your reservation they are owned by the resort, not the travel agency or third party. Up until the room assigners get the reservation, the travel agent or 3rd party vendor owns it which is why you can't make any changes yourself.

And all 3 told me that even if they could see how you made the reservation it would make zero difference to them. They are only concerned with trying to grant the most guests requests as they can. They keep a running total to see how many they can grant in a given month and celebrate any new records.

Great to know, thanks for posting :).

Morning Mickeynut!!!:wave2:

:wave:

Hello. I will be traveling to GF next week and staying in Sugarloaf. I have a few questions, if someone would be so kind as to answer! First, I was told by concierge that they do have FULL size cribs (not pack n plays) available. I have requested one. Are the cribs really full size or will I show up to find a pack n play? If not full size, I will rent a full size from kingdom strollers. Second, we are a large party traveling with small kids. If we request first floor room at SL do you think the adults would be able to hang out in the lounge and use our video monitors to keep an eye on the sleeping kids (kids will go down EARLY like 7:00)? This would allow us to socialize with our family instead of being stuck in the room with the TV on with no volume! Thanks in advance!

I can't help with the crib or monitor question, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the GF :wizard:.

~ So here is my nice story that I wanted to share....it would be a good idea to start humming "its a small world after all" about now....lol...it has been so nice over the years to have made other Disney friends here....other folks who just "get it" ..we all understand....some times we even get to meet up in person....:goodvibes ....well......the last few years we have been at WDW as the same time as a very lovely couple....folks that we have always enjoyed running in to....not DIS friends...but GF friends....recently we have had a very nice new poster here on the GF thread...and we both realized that at some point or another we must have crossed paths at the resort ....and low and behold...after a few PMs..we discovered that we are not only GF friends but now DIS friends too :goodvibes....so that's my nice story..Dispro its so good to have you here on the boards!!!:grouphug: and glad that our mutual friend Maxie told you about it! It is a small world after all!!!

What a nice story, thanks for sharing :flower3:. It's always nice meeting others who "get it" ::yes::.

I am very happy to be making new DIS friends who do understand the excitement of planning that next Disney trip (especially to GF)! It really is a nice escape from reality, as you said Blue.

I agree :goodvibes.

i have been "over" pandora for a long time but the addition of disney charms is renewing my interest.

I've never been into Pandora, but like you, seeing all of the Disney charms is peaking my interest...lol. I will definitely be scoping those out on our next trip ;).

My sister and I do so enjoy meeting nice people who feel the same we do about Disney. :chat: We have talked about how we wish we could see certain ones next time, but have not yet. How fun to "meet" those same friends on the Dis!!

I agree, it's nice when you can put a face to those you chat with on the Dis :goodvibes.

Hello fellow GF fans...this is going to be a mega multi almost big enough to rival MickeyNut's mulit quoted post...Hope that I don't confuse my self...lol....:upsidedow

I have a few friends...other friends ;)...lol...who have been recently..and said that the store on Main Street has been completely transformed..lots of Pandora jewelry cases....I guess there must be a lot of us fans...now is the powers that be would just listen to us...and get those resort specific charms made....:thumbsup2

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a magical Monday....princess: preppy GF gal who has typer's cramp from this big looong post...lol...:upsidedow

First I have to say that was an impressive multi quote!

I can confirm the rear area of Main Street Jewelers is indeed devoted to all things Pandora. There are a series of necklaces (which I switched to this trip!) ranging from 16 inches to 20 inches. There are only about a dozen park exclusive charms, the latest released in March. I wasn't really thrilled with any of those as I had my favorites already.

They did release some Mother's Day charms in DTD while I was there but those were not Disney Park exclusive. They also had Murano Glass Bead Charms that supposedly glowed at night. I (of course) got the Tinker Bell Green but I haven't noticed it glow yet.

Summer Lace has the same charms as everyone else but the display is much smaller. I wouldn't expect any resort specific charms as Disney seems to be going to a "core" philosophy: every place has the same things. While convenient, it is also sad since there isn't anything really unique anymore. DTD, all the parks and the deluxe resorts have the same selection of charms and bags. (Animal Kingdom Lodge didn't have Dooney Bags and I'm not sure about the deluxe Epcot resorts as we didn't make it there) and they were basically all the same. I found the perfect Dooney in DTD after a sweet CM looked through their back stock for it! :) When she brought it out a couple of ladies offered to buy it if I didn't want it!

And yes I spent more time shopping and eating than anything else! We only managed to make 4 fast passes in 8 days.

Current plan for years end is a Disney Cruise in late November or Early December with a GF stay on the end of the cruise.

Happy Planning!

Liz

I can confirm the rear area of Main Street Jewelers is indeed devoted to all things Pandora. There are a series of necklaces (which I switched to this trip!) ranging from 16 inches to 20 inches. There are only about a dozen park exclusive charms, the latest released in March. I wasn't really thrilled with any of those as I had my favorites already.

They did release some Mother's Day charms in DTD while I was there but those were not Disney Park exclusive. They also had Murano Glass Bead Charms that supposedly glowed at night. I (of course) got the Tinker Bell Green but I haven't noticed it glow yet.

Summer Lace has the same charms as everyone else but the display is much smaller. I wouldn't expect any resort specific charms as Disney seems to be going to a "core" philosophy: every place has the same things. While convenient, it is also sad since there isn't anything really unique anymore. DTD, all the parks and the deluxe resorts have the same selection of charms and bags. (Animal Kingdom Lodge didn't have Dooney Bags and I'm not sure about the deluxe Epcot resorts as we didn't make it there) and they were basically all the same. I found the perfect Dooney in DTD after a sweet CM looked through their back stock for it! :) When she brought it out a couple of ladies offered to buy it if I didn't want it!

And yes I spent more time shopping and eating than anything else! We only managed to make 4 fast passes in 8 days.

Current plan for years end is a Disney Cruise in late November or Early December with a GF stay on the end of the cruise.

Happy Planning!

Liz
Thanks for all this great information! Now I'm even more excited! I haven't even seen the necklaces! I have been looking at the Disney Dooneys for years now, but I've never bought one because I wasn't sure I would use it. I'd love to know which one you got. Shopping and eating at Disney are great too. Lately, I have even been carving out time at the beginning of our trips to go to the Premium outlet mall on Vineland Ave too:) It's always fun to buy something new to wear out to dinner! As for the resort specific Pandora charms, we know it probably won't happen...but it's nice to dream. The sad thing is, they would be so popular, they wouldn't be able to keep them in stock! You're missing out, Disney!

Thanks for all this great information! Now I'm even more excited! I haven't even seen the necklaces! I have been looking at the Disney Dooneys for years now, but I've never bought one because I wasn't sure I would use it. I'd love to know which one you got. Shopping and eating at Disney are great too. Lately, I have even been carving out time at the beginning of our trips to go to the Premium outlet mall on Vineland Ave too:) It's always fun to buy something new to wear out to dinner! As for the resort specific Pandora charms, we know it probably won't happen...but it's nice to dream. The sad thing is, they would be so popular, they wouldn't be able to keep them in stock! You're missing out, Disney!

I agree they are missing out!

And you just happen to ask the picture queen! There were 2 types of the brown Dooney bags, this one (supposedly the newer release) and a more grayish brown. DH and I agreed Tinker Bell had to be prominently displayed or I wouldn't get one. I just wish the had the wallet in the dark brown as well!

I agree they are missing out!

And you just happen to ask the picture queen! There were 2 types of the brown Dooney bags, this one (supposedly the newer release) and a more grayish brown. DH and I agreed Tinker Bell had to be prominently displayed or I wouldn't get one. I just wish the had the wallet in the dark brown as well!

Gorgeous! I haven't seen that one! I like that it's more subtle with the black and brown. I love the colorful ones, but I would worry about the white background getting dirty! FYI, your countertop and backsplash look almost exactly like mine! We have great taste-lol:)

Uptown Jewelers..It seems they have relocated the VBs...and dedicated more of the store to the Pandora items.....:lovestruc and let me just say..the bracelet itself with the castle imprinted on the clasp is sooo adorable! Not to mention the large variety of charms.... I was really never a fan..but ..that has obviously changed...lol...

I loved it too! My sister and I do so enjoy meeting nice people who feel the same we do about Disney. :chat: We have talked about how we wish we could see certain ones next time, but have not yet. How fun to "meet" those same friends on the Dis!!

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes...

Happy Planning!

Liz

Thanks on the multi quote Liz :goodvibes I did my best...lol...I am very interested in the necklace...can't have too much disney jewelry can you??? lol...Glad to hear that there is a selection of Pandora's at Summer Lace....I really enjoy shopping at the GF...and that is such a nice store to shop in....Nice atmosphere..and helpful CMs...absolutely Grand!! ... I did recently get 2 of the Murano glass bead charms....and didn't know about the glow feature...will have to check this out... :sunny:

Shopping and eating sounds like a perfectly wonderful trip! :thumbsup2 Glad you enjoyed....and I see that you got some D&B bags..which I am sure that you "needed" :thumbsup2.... I have a few myself..and love bringing them along on my WDW trips ....Thanks for sharing your photos!

MickeyNut It's so much nicer as you know to share the WDW love with other fans..!! ...don't you just hate the..Are you going there..again! :faint: ..lol...

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a terrific Tuesday....princess: preppy GF gal who needs to stop stalking the disney store web site for new pandora charms....:confused3 ::yes:: :hyper: :cool2:

My parents and I are going to try to eat at on of the GF restaurants during our stay in December. We have a car and plan to drive, but I remember having to park pretty far away the last time I drove to the GF. My parents have a handicap placard in their car. Is there closer parking for them? Thanks!

My parents and I are going to try to eat at on of the GF restaurants during our stay in December. We have a car and plan to drive, but I remember having to park pretty far away the last time I drove to the GF. My parents have a handicap placard in their car. Is there closer parking for them? Thanks!

You have several options. The parking is now closer than the old days when you practically needed to pack a lunch for the hike. You can valet park, or drop your parents off at the entrance to the lobby and go and park and then meet them. If you have a Tables in Wonderland card the valet parking is free, otherwise there is a charge. I don't remember where the handicap places are in the lot, but it will be a bit a of walk from the lot if that is where they are.

You have several options. The parking is now closer than the old days when you practically needed to pack a lunch for the hike. You can valet park, or drop your parents off at the entrance to the lobby and go and park and then meet them. If you have a Tables in Wonderland card the valet parking is free, otherwise there is a charge. I don't remember where the handicap places are in the lot, but it will be a bit a of walk from the lot if that is where they are.

That is helpful, thanks!

Page 3 rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? :moped:

Fellow GF fans...where are you....lol...:flower:

~Friday Floridian fact...lol...even though its Thursday....

First ...Does anyone remember what band :rockband: filmed a music video at the GF in the late 1980's....

Fact..It was the Beach Boys..:lovestruc including John Stamos....in 1988..and the video was for the song Kokomo!

Did anyone guess this correctly??? Does anyone remember this??? lol...

Hope that you all are having a terrific Thursday...:earsgirl: preppy GF gal....

First ...Does anyone remember what band :rockband: filmed a music video at the GF in the late 1980's....

Fact..It was the Beach Boys..:lovestruc including John Stamos....in 1988..and the video was for the song Kokomo!

Makes me think of the full house episode also taped at gf and MK:)

hello everyone,
we are staying GF for 2 weeks in Oct 2016. Can i ask. We will be 2 adults and 3 young kids ( 6,4,2 ).
We have booked a Theme Park View Room in the Outer Buildings ( i think they are putting us in Boca Chica )
For our family size do you think its better to have the 2 queen size beds & day bed or 1 king size bed & pull out double sofa bed.
Our kids are small and i was thinking the 3 would fit easily in the king bed & myself & hubby could use the sofa bed.
Otherwise it would be us in 1 queen, the 2 girls in the other queen & our youngest little man in the day bed.
Can you get bed rails etc, or is it easy to move furniture around.

I was thinking about that episode too! My younger daughter used to drive me crazy watching reruns of that show (although I enjoyed seeing the young John Stamos), but that episode I loved...go figure:) I keep hoping I'll run into John Stamos one of these days because one of the long time bell services guys at GF told me he is there a lot!

hello everyone,
we are staying GF for 2 weeks in Oct 2016. Can i ask. We will be 2 adults and 3 young kids ( 6,4,2 ).
We have booked a Theme Park View Room in the Outer Buildings ( i think they are putting us in Boca Chica )
For our family size do you think its better to have the 2 queen size beds & day bed or 1 king size bed & pull out double sofa bed.
Our kids are small and i was thinking the 3 would fit easily in the king bed & myself & hubby could use the sofa bed.
Otherwise it would be us in 1 queen, the 2 girls in the other queen & our youngest little man in the day bed.

I think two queens and a day bed! Two in each queen seems enough space then one on the day bed!

I've had that song stuck in my head all week - too funny! Now I'm going to have to go watch that video!!

Interesting fact, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Me too ;).

hello everyone,

I agree with the pp, 2 queens and a daybed. We've never had a need for bed rails, but I think they are available from housekeeping :).

I was thinking about that episode too! My younger daughter used to drive me crazy watching reruns of that show (although I enjoyed seeing the young John Stamos), but that episode I loved...go figure:) I keep hoping I'll run into John Stamos one of these days because one of the long time bell services guys at GF told me he is there a lot!

That was a great episode ::yes::.

I've had that song stuck in my head all week - too funny! Now I'm going to have to go watch that video!!

:rotfl::rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter