(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

We've just booked out first WDW vacation for October and staying at the Sugar Loaf.
Been searching the forums for the best rooms in the building and couldn't find any answer.

Does anyone have suggestions as which rooms are best (two queens needed).

Thank you!

Hi everyone!! What's the latest reservation you think I can make at Narcoossee's and still make the 9:15 EWP from the beach? I was thinking 8:00 but I'm thinking that might be enough time to eat and get down to the beach?

Hi there!

We've just booked out first WDW vacation for October and staying at the Sugar Loaf.
Been searching the forums for the best rooms in the building and couldn't find any answer.

Thank you!

That's very hard to answer for somebody else, it all depends on what YOU consider best. It's like trying to pick out a flavor of Ice Cream you will like best, it all depends on your taste.

Do you want close to the elevators? Do you want to have a water view? Do you like upper floor or ground floor?

Hi there!

Thank you!
I've had 2rooms on the courtyard side. That is a very beautiful view. You can see the courtyard pool and the grounds. It is fun watching people come and go too. I was alone one of the trips with dd at 17. I could see her sunbathing at the pool while I took a break on the balcony with a glass of wine(my avatar).

However this upcoming trip I requested the marina side to watch the boats!

I'll be there in August so watch after that because I'll post pics !!!

That's very hard to answer for somebody else, it all depends on what YOU consider best. It's like trying to pick out a flavor of Ice Cream you will like best, it all depends on your taste.

Do you want close to the elevators? Do you want to have a water view? Do you like upper floor or ground floor?

This is true!

From reading trishadono answer below courtyard view sounds best for us but on an upper floor thats not a dormer!

I've had 2rooms on the courtyard side. That is a very beautiful view. You can see the courtyard pool and the grounds. It is fun watching people come and go too. I was alone one of the trips with dd at 17. I could see her sunbathing at the pool while I took a break on the balcony with a glass of wine(my avatar).

Ah thank you! Yes courtyard view is what I was looking for but would love to see what the marina side is like :-)

Hi everyone!! What's the latest reservation you think I can make at Narcoossee's and still make the 9:15 EWP from the beach? I was thinking 8:00 but I'm thinking that might be enough time to eat and get down to the beach?

I wouldn't try to get down to the beach, since the EWP drives right past Narcoossee's -- you can go right out on the deck, during dinner, or watch it from a window view table. I would say if you wanted to be on the beach (which I don't think has a good view of the EWP), I would make the reservation for 7:30.

Tom

I wouldn't try to get down to the beach, since the EWP drives right past Narcoossee's -- you can go right out on the deck, during dinner, or watch it from a window view table. I would say if you wanted to be on the beach (which I don't think has a good view of the EWP), I would make the reservation for 7:30.

Tom

Oh that's right - I did read somewhere there is a deck at Narcoossee's and I forgot about it! Thanks! That's what we'll do. I wanted a later reservation around 8:00 or 8:30 so that's a perfect solution!

Thanks Sue! I think maybe marina! I love the GF no matter what room anyway!!!!

I enjoy the marina view more than the lagoon view (unless I get a a lagoon view of the MK or CR -- the Poly view doesn't do much for me) - and the corresponding courtyard view are quite lovely.

Tom

Thanks for the link Tom :thumbsup2

Hi there!

Thank you!

October is such a nice time to be at the World! :goodvibes ..the weather is so very nice..its a great time to enjoy all that the Grand has to offer...especially the lovely grounds...SL is in a perfect location IMO....close to the main building..the pool and the dock too...As Trish said there are 2 views marina and courtyard view....both so nice....my preference is the courtyard view..as we enjoy the pool view and the happenings in the CY area..if you prefer a water view...the marina would be a good request.. you will see the marina and right across over to Sago...The lounge in SL is located in the lobby of the building...so if you want to be close then a first floor request would be good...its really not a large building though..and everything is pretty close...Happy planning..and Enjoy your first GF stay! :goodvibes

I would say as others have 7:30...or even 7pm if you are planning on a full meal with appetizers and dessert ( Its always about the food isn't it!! ;)) .....but I think that watching from the deck right there at Narcoosee's is a fine spot for enjoying the EWP! :boat:

I am such a fan of those CY pool views too...:goodvibes Love seeing and hearing all of the happenings going on too...Looking forward to your August review..and pics too!!! ::yes::

:wave2: to all of my fellow GF fans! Hope that you are all having a wonderful Wednesday!!! :surfweb: preppy GF gal who is thinking of changing around fall ADRs...:scratchin :confused3 :blush:

Oh that's right - I did read somewhere there is a deck at Narcoossee's and I forgot about it! Thanks! That's what we'll do. I wanted a later reservation around 8:00 or 8:30 so that's a perfect solution!

Absolutely! That's what we do every time...only, we like to watch Wishes from there because they pipe in the music. It's so beautiful being on the water!

Last edited:
Hi there!

Thank you!

I prefer the Marina side too. It is very peaceful on that side:) and I would definitely request an upper floor because the lounge can get pretty noisy at times.

You can't change the past, you can only learn from it and move forward. Funny you mentioned discouragement; I am a pastor and my sermon this morning was on the very topic of discouragement. It is the most used weapon against us in life to get us to quit and give up. Great job on staying the course.:thumbsup2

I've had a crummy, stressful day today, and reading this just kind of settled my mind down. Thank you.

Hi! I have a trip booked for November for 3 adults in a king deluxe room. According to the website there are rooms with just king beds and rooms with king beds and day beds. As I understand it, the deluxe kings are either on the second floor or in the turrets. Can anyone tell me which set of rooms have the day beds? Thank you all in advance!!

Hi! I have a trip booked for November for 3 adults in a king deluxe room. According to the website there are rooms with just king beds and rooms with king beds and day beds. As I understand it, the deluxe kings are either on the second floor or in the turrets. Can anyone tell me which set of rooms have the day beds? Thank you all in advance!!
The 2nd floor rooms are just like a regular room with the couch flip down single bed. The turrets used to not have a day bed but now have a sofa sleeper.

This is the 2nd floor style.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...in-grand-style.3258521/page-143#post-52090650

Scroll down almost bottom is king turret room.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/2014-2015-grand-floridian-resort-villas-faq.3336950/#post-52391401

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter