(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:Hi everyone!

We have a lagoon view outer building booked for July. Do you think Boca Chica has the nicest views of the lake? Are there a lot of trees on that side of the building? I requested no 1st floor or dormer too.

I guess BPK would be nice too since I think the Bungalo's are just about done at the Poly.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.:)
This was our view in BPK

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 30
I hate to say it but that room really points out the differences in Disney Deluxe resorts and not in a good way. My DH is really pushing to stay at Four Seasons again as the service was so much better when we stayed there. What was the bed configuration of the room ? My kids want to go to Universal this summer.
It's 2 queens and a pullout queen sofa they have occupancy at 7 there's also a 2br suite with a king room added. We usually do 2 connecting rooms but my DH says the same about Universal. The price of that 1 br with CL access is the same as one RPC room with a discount for our dates

Off topic, but does anyone know where the report button is now ? There have been a lot of advertisement thread and fake passport things posted. We used to be able to report these so mod's would get them removed faster.

Off topic, but does anyone know where the report button is now ? There have been a lot of advertisement thread and fake passport things posted. We used to be able to report these so mod's would get them removed faster.

It's in the bottom left corner of the post, just to the right of the poster's screen name and time of post.

Attachments

• Report.png
    Report.png
    315.8 KB · Views: 3

Do the deluxe SL rooms sleep four or five? I requested a deluxe, but then I saw that perhaps those rooms only sleep 4. While my party only consists of 4, my children don't like to sleep together. Thanks in advance.

Do the deluxe SL rooms sleep four or five? I requested a deluxe, but then I saw that perhaps those rooms only sleep 4. While my party only consists of 4, my children don't like to sleep together. Thanks in advance.

Since the renovations they sleep 5.

Not exactly sure by your wording. If you booked GF outer std club level in Sugar Loaf building the rooms are the same as the rest of the hotel.

2 queens and the twin sofa flip down(my ds at 5'11" fit fine), sleeps 5.

There are a few of the rooms with the extra sitting area ( they are in the turret facing the pool). Baler has a pic of that on previous page. Those are by request only. I did get one pre-refurb and the sofa was only a sofa and slept 4. Check with Baler if it is a pullout now.

Hope that helps.

This is what concerns me about an upcoming split GF/BC stay. The last time we stayed BC CL was when club level was well...club level and not club level light. We have noticed just in the last year even at GF less replenishment of food (although it was better during our Feb stay) . July, when RPC was closed was awful. Anyway, I am worried about our BC stay and really did not want CL there but took it to assure we received a renovated room. I don't mind paying CL prices but there should be food available during service hours.

We have an upcoming BC CL trip in late May/early June, and I have to admit that I am a bit concerned because of some things I have seen posted on the CL thread, but we stayed at BC CL last spring break and had a great time, so I'm hoping for another good trip. It's definitely not GF RPC, but you pay a lot less and get the awesome SAB pool and convenience to Epcot and HS. I don't know when you are going, but I would love to hear your thoughts since I know you love GF as much as I do!

These were all from SL, not sure if they are what you needed. Feel free to delete these if they are duplicates. I tried to resize them but I am on my phone and it was difficult. The room was a lodge tower room, it still had the blue chair and very worn tv cabinet in the sitting area, curious if they have replaced those now. This was the day SL reopened. We had to move from main building to SL. This was our only stay in SL and I admit we were not a fan.

I don't have any of the actual food that was served as after the first day we rarely bothered to go by as it usually was empty within a few minutes. Guests did seem to over serve themselves but I still think they should replenish. I was most bothered seeing most of the food left and being thrown away.

Nice to see they got rid of the 90's tile on the first floor (and replaced the carpet). The booth bench seating is new too and necessary! It gets really crowded! We used to stay in SL before we discovered RPC and the fact that we didn't have to fight for a seat in the main lobby to listen to the band. There seem to be a lot more kids in SL or something, and people tend to let their young children serve their own food; however, this happens at every buffet restaurant at Disney (which is why we don't do those restaurants anymore). But we were never disappointed in our SL trips in the past, we've just become a bit spoiled in RPC. Do they only have one concierge desk in the SL lounge now?

Nice to see they got rid of the 90's tile on the first floor (and replaced the carpet). The booth bench seating is new too and necessary! It gets really crowded! We used to stay in SL before we discovered RPC and the fact that we didn't have to fight for a seat in the main lobby to listen to the band. There seem to be a lot more kids in SL or something, and people tend to let their young children serve their own food; however, this happens at every buffet restaurant at Disney (which is why we don't do those restaurants anymore). But we were never disappointed in our SL trips in the past, we've just become a bit spoiled in RPC. Do they only have one concierge desk in the SL lounge now?

When our kids were younger SL was always a favorite CL at the GF for us...some what due to its proximity to both the pool and the boat dock...and we too always had good experiences there. ..and very pleasant stays.. ..and occasionally in the warmer months we still do enjoy staying there. ..haven't since the rehab though ..but toured it during a recent trip just to get a look at whats new and improved. ...and while I do think there is more seating...really like the benches too.. .I don't think its particularly improved. ..there is the one CL desk right in the middle of the lounge area..:confused3...as seen in the pics..and there is also a staffed podium near the courtyard pool entrance...that would b preferable to me for any CM interaction..as I think that the desk situated front and center in the lounge is kind awkward...so yes..there are sort of two desks..actually one and a half desks..lol..in the SL lounge now...

I think that I am starting to join the ranks as a resort changer....:cool2:....lol...what started out as a long WDW weekend ... at the BC...with the lets try something new..and as dispro stated with the appeal of SAB..proximity to Epcot and at a more economical ..and I use that term loosely...lol..rate...then evolved to a BC/GF split. ..has now evolved to an extra long weekend. ..;)... at the GF....no matter what we plan to do..seems we always end up back at there....Still looking forward to hearing about those BC/GF splits....as for us..maybe. .eventually. ..someday....:scratchin..:tilt:....Off to re do the dining..again!!???

Last edited:
While we usually spend more time at Epcot than other parks, I don't think I could be unfaithful to my GF. However, a visit to the Y & BC is always a must for us. That pool does look fun and we always fit in a trip to Beaches and Cream. Mmm.

Hi everyone again! We are new to staying at the grand and we leave in 13 days! Super excited! Anyways I was wondering...how difficult is it to get a specific turndown time. I know they say turndown service is from 7-9 but I have little ones that might be in bed sooner rather than later. So how hard is it to set the turndown time to closer to 7?

Hi everyone again! We are new to staying at the grand and we leave in 13 days! Super excited! Anyways I was wondering...how difficult is it to get a specific turndown time. I know they say turndown service is from 7-9 but I have little ones that might be in bed sooner rather than later. So how hard is it to set the turndown time to closer to 7?
I would call housekeeping and say just what you told us. It can't hurt.

Also,if it's too late you can listen for the cart in case you just want the chocolates. There are times I don't need the actual turn down and they just give me a nice handful instead. :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!!

I gotta be honest... The fact that the seats are my favorite color ... and that they have that beautiful image on the wall at the "buffet" ... I actually like SL more than RPC. On pictures, at least.

I put out a request for pics on the CL threacd.
Disneydumbnut posted some pics of a room in SL for us:thumbsup2

I would call housekeeping and say just what you told us. It can't hurt.

Also,if it's too late you can listen for the cart in case you just want the chocolates. There are times I don't need the actual turn down and they just give me a nice handful instead. :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!!

Thanks so much! I have to call house keeping anyways and make sure they clean our room initially with a hypoallergenic cleaner bc my son has asthma. So I will just ask them about the turndown service then too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!