(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I was wondering...does club level sell out quickly?? We need outer building garden view for our budget. But if we can find a way to make up the extra, am I able to pay to upgrade to club level at check in? Or would I need to do it before hand? We likely won't know until just before we go if it's attainable. One can dream right? lol

While you can typically upgrade at check in they will not honor any discounts so the upgrade would be the rack rate for the room. Unless you know it will fit your budget I would just use any extra funds for room service or other splurges. I would not be able to make myself pay rack rate.

While you can typically upgrade at check in they will not honor any discounts so the upgrade would be the rack rate for the room. Unless you know it will fit your budget I would just use any extra funds for room service or other splurges. I would not be able to make myself pay rack rate.
I agree with OP that I would not pay rack rate. Grand Floridian club level is very popular and the likelihood that it would be available at check in is probably very slim. I would save my money and spend it on extra little things when you are at the parks,

I'm considering switching our free dining CR reservation in August to main building GF club. My hubby has been dying to stay at the GF ever since we started staying at deluxes and this might be our last WDW trip for quite a few years so I wanted to make it extra special. Do most of the standard rooms in the main building have a balcony and I just need to put it on my request? Also am I correct that both pools have lifeguards and close at a certain time? My DH loves going to the pool late at night but if he gets to stay at his dream resort he would probably be OK with no late pool hours.

I'm considering switching our free dining CR reservation in August to main building GF club. My hubby has been dying to stay at the GF ever since we started staying at deluxes and this might be our last WDW trip for quite a few years so I wanted to make it extra special. Do most of the standard rooms in the main building have a balcony and I just need to put it on my request? Also am I correct that both pools have lifeguards and close at a certain time? My DH loves going to the pool late at night but if he gets to stay at his dream resort he would probably be OK with no late pool hours.
I am pretty sure all rooms in Grand Floridian have a balcony. When we were there the pool was always open. Of course it is swim at your own risk with no lifeguard. I'm sure someone else on here could tell you for certain if that remains the same.

When we were there the pool was always open. Of course it is swim at your own risk with no lifeguard. I'm sure someone else on here could tell you for certain if that remains the same.

When we first started going to WDW none of the pools closed down but someone died in the main pool at the POP after hours and the family filed a lawsuit. So Disney started closing down any pools that required a lifeguard once they left for the night. At CR last year you could only go in the little pool over by the lake and not the big pool after hours.

When we first started going to WDW none of the pools closed down but someone died in the main pool at the POP after hours and the family filed a lawsuit. So Disney started closing down any pools that required a lifeguard once they left for the night. At CR last year you could only go in the little pool over by the lake and not the big pool after hours.

The courtyard pool used to be promoted as 24hours but they did stop that. However, I have never seen anyone asked to leave the pool at any hour and I have seen people swimming after returning from MK at 2 and 3 am. I know for a fact that when we stayed in SL that people were in the pool at those hours because they were very loud. And, as PP mentioned all rooms have a balcony.

The courtyard pool used to be promoted as 24hours but they did stop that. However, I have never seen anyone asked to leave the pool at any hour and I have seen people swimming after returning from MK at 2 and 3 am. I know for a fact that when we stayed in SL that people were in the pool at those hours because they were very loud. And, as PP mentioned all rooms have a balcony.

That is good to know, at CR they put up ropes and closed signs at the main pool. If any CM saw you in there they would tell you to get out. One night they even tried to tell my DH and DD to get out of the little circle pool by the lake late at night.

Candy..again..the pics are stunning!! Making me VERY excited!!!!

Ok ladies and gents..I'm a total lunatic lol..but we are booking Beach Club Club Level for two nights after GF. It'll be our vacation from our vacation ;) No parks, just pool and fun and club level lounge! The best of all the worlds!!! Our girls will think we are going home, and then we are surprising them with a quick stop at BC before that happens! They've been a little blue about not seeing some of the BC staff and missing out on the pool...so they should be over the moon. Now to keep my mouth shut hehe

not ALL rooms have balconies. I was in 6420 last month and because of the roof line, there was no balcony..but it was a deluxe (turret) room so it had the big sitting area and extra TV

I think only the turret rooms on the top floor have this roof issue.

Can someone tell me what the view is in the Main Bldg - Deluxe King Room - Club Level at Grand Floridian.

This post has everything about the deluxe rooms. http://www.disboards.com/threads/deluxe-room-grand-floridian.1839423/ Refer to post 2 and the first floor plans and info are about king deluxes.

The 9 on the 2nd floor are TPV. The 6 on floors 3,4,5 have mostly views of the monorail/villas, beach pool with the ones on the end mainly courtyard view. I request the larger turret style and have stayed in several of those, I do not care for the 2nd floor as the rooms are smaller, luckily I have not been placed in one. I am sure some like them for the TPV. No balcony on the turret rooms.

This post has everything about the deluxe rooms. http://www.disboards.com/threads/deluxe-room-grand-floridian.1839423/ Refer to post 2 and the first floor plans and info are about king deluxes.

The 9 on the 2nd floor are TPV. The 6 on floors 3,4,5 have mostly views of the monorail/villas, beach pool with the ones on the end mainly courtyard view. I request the larger turret style and have stayed in several of those, I do not care for the 2nd floor as the rooms are smaller, luckily I have not been placed in one. I am sure some like them for the TPV. No balcony on the turret rooms.

I'm going to stick with my Tower - Theme Park View room at the Contemporary. The $955 difference to me isn't worth the change as I could pay about $725, turn my AP rate room only into a package and have DDP and save about $35 a day by doing so.

I'm going to stick with my Tower - Theme Park View room at the Contemporary. The $955 difference to me isn't worth the change as I could pay about $725, turn my AP rate room only into a package and have DDP and save about $35 a day by doing so.
I did want to add that since that post the occupancy has increased from 2 to 3 , as they added sleeper sofas. It technically may be 4 but we had 3 in our room so I cannot verify that.

Another page 3 resue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tilt: GF fans..where have you all been....??? lol....

Hi everyone! I was wondering...does club level sell out quickly?? We need outer building garden view for our budget. But if we can find a way to make up the extra, am I able to pay to upgrade to club level at check in? Or would I need to do it before hand? We likely won't know until just before we go if it's attainable. One can dream right? lol

CL rooms with any kind of general public..Disney visa or AP discounts do tend to sell out quickly...and not that I have ever asked this at check in..but I think there is never any harm in asking...perhaps if you share the circumstance of why you are inquiring about availability at check in .. and if there is any room availability they will be able to accomodate you...I would also strongly encourage you to keep checking on line as to the availability of the room category that you might be able to change to...things can and do change from day to day...and particularly at about a month out...Best of luck to you! :wizard:

All of the standard room in the main building do have balconies...some deluxe king rooms which is an entirely different category do not have balconies...and some of the deluxe rooms in outer buildings that are on higher floors and right next door to a suite.. like the one a PP posted about also do not have balconies....that is the balcony run down..lol...as to your original question...lol...YES YES YES all standard rooms in RPC do have balconies!

With regard to the pools..there are only life guards at the beach pool..which does close with a sign that states that the pool is closed.. once the life guard goes off duty for the day...the courtyard pool however does not have any posted closing hours... it is recently gated though....so not sure if that gate might be locked after a certain hour...not that we have seen in any of our recent trips though...

How many of you have used the spa services at GF? How was it?

Have not in quite some time...but there is a link on page one of this thread to a very detailed review by JoBird of her pretty recent spa experience.... HTH..:flower3:

Can you refill your mugs at the beach pool or courtyard pool?

Yes..I know that there are refill stations at the beach pool...not sure about the courtyard pool...Maybe Tom or another GF regular might know the answer to this...

can you see ewp from tpv rooms in sago?

Never stayed in Sago...so not sure about the angle of the view of the EWP if you are in that particular building...I know that you can see it from the boat dock pretty directly....

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend.. :flower: preppy GF gal who loves popping in here and seeing more of Candy's wonderfully grand GF pictures posted!! :goodvibes ::yes:: :cloud9: Thanks again Candy!!

Last edited:
Last September was our first stay at GF and we fell in love! We were loyal to The Polynesian, but switched to the GF because of the construction. So glad we did! In 9 trips, it was definitely our favorite trip of all. We're staying again this September. Last year, we were in the Main Building Club Level Standard Room. We got room 4025 on the 5th floor. It was perfect for us! So perfect in fact that I requested the same room for this year. (I know it's just a request, but it would be great to have it again!) My question is this: Is that room a regular standard room, or did we get an upgrade that I was unaware of? The bathtub was HUGE and the pictures I've seen of the standard rooms have a regular tub.

Last September was our first stay at GF and we fell in love! We were loyal to The Polynesian, but switched to the GF because of the construction. So glad we did! In 9 trips, it was definitely our favorite trip of all. We're staying again this September. Last year, we were in the Main Building Club Level Standard Room. We got room 4025 on the 5th floor. It was perfect for us! So perfect in fact that I requested the same room for this year. (I know it's just a request, but it would be great to have it again!) My question is this: Is that room a regular standard room, or did we get an upgrade that I was unaware of? The bathtub was HUGE and the pictures I've seen of the standard rooms have a regular tub.

Typically the 5th floor rooms are either suites or deluxe rooms..I am thinking that the particular room that you stayed in can be the bedroom of a suite but can be utilized as an individual standard room..not positive though....if I am not mistaken those rooms have cathedral ceilings...and an enclosed balcony...And since you really enjoyed it then requesting that specific room is a great idea..I would have that request listed on my reservation with CRO..and also closer to your date of arrival ..maybe 10 days out be sure to give IPO a call and request it through them as well... We have found over the years that the GF is very good at trying to meet guests requests...:thumbsup2 :goodvibes :wizard:...

Being interested in spreading our GF wings a bit...lol..we tried just the opposite a while ago ..and stayed at the Poly...and while I was very pleasantly surprised and we had a very enjoyable trip...loved the relaxed Polynesian vibe....I will always be a GF gal tried and true.... :lovestruc ...

grannyminnie Hoping that you are having a wonderful time in California...:goodvibes...Safe travels home...can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans have a magical Monday...:earsgirl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter