(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning,

Hope everyone had a great July 4th weekend!

We are staying at the Grand Floridian next April, apart from the 2 pool bars can anyone recommend the best place for that cool beer in the evening?

I know there are lounges at Mizner and Citrico's but am I best just heading to the pool bars?
We often visit the pool bar near the beach. So nice to have the view of poly/cr and castle while having an adult beverage.

Morning,

We are staying at the Grand Floridian next April, apart from the 2 pool bars can anyone recommend the best place for that cool beer in the evening?

I know there are lounges at Mizner and Citrico's but am I best just heading to the pool bars?

It's not at the GF but I'm excited to try Trader Sam's at the Poly when we are at the GF in November...it looks like it's going to be pretty cool!

So, after moving our GF reservation to the Poly, I just moved us back to GF this morning. Does anyone else do that? I book, nitpick, change, nitpick, change. Ugh, such drama I create!:sad2:
I wanted to try a different resort this trip, and the Poly was my childhood resort, but the truth is, the Poly can't give us what GF can - no construction and a guaranteed balcony. :-):yay:

We will, however, be walking over to the Poly a few times - breakfast, a Lapu Lapu and perhaps some hula lessons. :-)

I am over the moon though to be coming back to GF. :cloud9:
You will find me by the pool with a Skinny Coconut Mojito October 22-28!

So, after moving our GF reservation to the Poly, I just moved us back to GF this morning. Does anyone else do that? I book, nitpick, change, nitpick, change. Ugh, such drama I create!:sad2:
I wanted to try a different resort this trip, and the Poly was my childhood resort, but the truth is, the Poly can't give us what GF can - no construction and a guaranteed balcony. :-):yay:

We will, however, be walking over to the Poly a few times - breakfast, a Lapu Lapu and perhaps some hula lessons. :-)

I am over the moon though to be coming back to GF. :cloud9:
You will find me by the pool with a Skinny Coconut Mojito October 22-28!
Yep....I do that. I just did that AGAIN this morning. GF is amazing you will love it. That said, I am not doing 2 nights next month. However the SOLE reason I changed is to avoid packing up for two nights. We had Poly booked last summer and this summer but I just couldn't stay there with the construction so IMO GF is the BEST alternative. Gorgeous grounds, big rooms, beach, monorail, balcony, and the nicest CMs!!

pas130, so glad I'm not alone!!!

Now I need to decide what I want to request for a room! More agonizing!!!
We are booked in an Outer Building Garden View room.
Last year, we had the same category, but were upgraded to Lagoon View in Big Pine Key - with a big ol' pine tree obstructing our view of the Poly. LOL!
I want to try a different building, and I'm not concerned about being "close to the main building" as they are all close enough.

What is YOUR recommendation and why?

I know we will be walking over there a couple of times ourselves!
Oh is it a reasonable walk to the poly? Is there a walking path or are you in the street? (We will have a stroller). It didn't occur to me to consider walking over...

Oh is it a reasonable walk to the poly? Is there a walking path or are you in the street? (We will have a stroller). It didn't occur to me to consider walking over...

It's a really pretty walk along the lake. Is it reasonable? I'd say it's a lovely walk except when it's super-hot (my family isn't used to the heat and humidity of some FL days) and when your feet aren't already sore from walking in the parks. We have chosen to walk to the Poly for dinner at times, and at other times we took the boat or monorail.

palmetto.jpg

This is one view taken from that walking path between the Poly and the GF. It is a lovely walk. You pass the Poly gardens, quiet beaches and the Wedding Pavilion. The path is rarely crowded and you can stroll or jog as you please.

Shopping question for you all- does Summer Lace offer plus size clothing? TIA

Morning,

oh, no, mizner's is just lovely. don't skip it. especially after 3 when there is live music.

How is the situation with the monorail from GF to MK right now? Just trying to get an idea for rope drop in August!

Speaking of the monorail, is the work on the monorail going to be going on forever? It seems like this servicing has been taking a long time. Anyone know?

Good monorail questions, I'm curious myself. I haven't stayed at a monorail resort since 1995, so I'm not sure how much time I'll need to give myself each morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter