(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying cl rpc them park view do they all have balconies? I Am getting ready to do online check in and this is our first trip to GF so I am trying to figure out what requests to make. Also, I am disappointed the take out will be closed when it
was closed before did they have quick service anywhere else? I Didnt get the dining plan this trip so we were planning on eating at least lunch there often. Thanks!!

I keep trying to get an answer over on the theme park board with no luck so now I'm trying here. We will be back at the GF in a little over two weeks :yay:. Can anyone tell me if the gift shop upstairs at the GF sells Magic Bands with characters on them? I would especially like to find ones with the princesses or tinker bell on them. Thanks.

Hi guys! We are going back to the Grand Floridian in October. We check into the GF on a Sunday. It is cheaper for us to fly out Saturday evening, by about $350. Does anyone recommend checking into a value or moderate on Saturday night and then heading to the Grand Sunday morning? That way we could still use magical express from the airport? Am I making sense? Is this a terrible idea? I thought I would ask here because everyone is so nice and helpful on this thread. Thanks! The GF is $600 on Saturday night, so a room only reservation there isn't really saving!

I think Pop or a Moderate would be the way to go. I believe if you need a room for just the night, don't spend $600 on it.

I keep trying to get an answer over on the theme park board with no luck so now I'm trying here. We will be back at the GF in a little over two weeks :yay:. Can anyone tell me if the gift shop upstairs at the GF sells Magic Bands with characters on them? I would especially like to find ones with the princesses or tinker bell on them. Thanks.
My dd said they have the plain MB's and accessories in MM on 2nd floor. Not sure if actual mbs available with those but I have seen the Bits of Tink etc. They also sell "sleeves" to cover the bands that vary so I think you should be able to find something fun.

We are staying cl rpc them park view do they all have balconies? I Am getting ready to do online check in and this is our first trip to GF so I am trying to figure out what requests to make. Also, I am disappointed the take out will be closed when it
was closed before did they have quick service anywhere else? I Didnt get the dining plan this trip so we were planning on eating at least lunch there often. Thanks!!
i was in RPC deluxe king 2nd floor of rpc. Floors 3 and 4 would have same full balcony as ours. 5th floor is probably dormers. They have a smaller, enclosed private balcony. Look at pics of gf buildings and you can see the difference.

They should have aback up QS spot. I have been to many Disney resorts during construction and food is always available. Also they have a nice menu at both pools and room service is fun too!

Last edited:

My dd said they have the plain MB's and accessories in MM on 2nd floor. Not sure if actual mbs available with those but I have seen the Bits of Tink etc. They also sell "sleeves" to cover the bands that vary so I think you should be able to find something fun.
Thanks, I knew someone here would know the answer. Can't wait for our visit!

They sell some on the the disneystore.com too in case you want them before your trip.

Won't be long now!!:hourglass

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/194/building?hotel=164&building=194&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[rate_date]=2015-06-30&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=any&filters[sound]=&filters[floors]=any&no_draw=true&rooms=false&floor=3

This link will show you the floor plan for GF main building. The TPV rooms are always on the far left just change the floor to see each one. When you select the room some have photos of the exact view from that room. As trishadono mentioned the 5th floor will have an enclosed balcony but a nice view due to high floor. Just as an example the TPV rooms on this floor in the link are 4301-4309, only the second number will change as you change floors.

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/194/building?hotel=164&building=194&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[rate_date]=2015-06-30&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=any&filters[sound]=&filters[floors]=any&no_draw=true&rooms=false&floor=3

This link will show you the floor plan for GF main building. The TPV rooms are always on the far left just change the floor to see each one. When you select the room some have photos of the exact view from that room. As trishadono mentioned the 5th floor will have an enclosed balcony but a nice view due to high floor. Just as an example the TPV rooms on this floor in the link are 4301-4309, only the second number will change as you change floors.
Thank you

Does anyone know the room numbers for the Conch Key building? Specifically, the rooms that face the lagoon and do not have an obstructed view from the trees.

Honestly, we like flying in a day ahead of our check-in at the Grand so that we can check -in early the next day and hopefully have a better chance of getting our room request! Once, they took us to our room and we didn't like it, so they got us another one. If we had checked in later, there might not have been another room available. When we fly in for fall break, we have to work around school, so we can't leave until evening...which means we won't get into Orlando until midnight (approximately) so there's no way we'd go straight to GF. We do rent a car so it's easier, but that's not an extra cost for us because we like to drive to the parks anyway (HS and AK).

We are really excited about flying in the night before, getting a good night sleep, and having a full day at Magic Kingdom. Usually we take a super early flight and spend our first day kind of dragging!!!!

Does anyone know the room numbers for the Conch Key building? Specifically, the rooms that face the lagoon and do not have an obstructed view from the trees.

Ha- you and I are on the same page. I think we want to be in Conch Key in October facing the lagoon and monorail. I noticed on touring plans that there's a section blocked by trees, and was trying to figure out what to tell my TA in regards to how to word my room request!

i was in RPC deluxe king 2nd floor of rpc. Floors 3 and 4 would have same full balcony as ours. 5th floor is probably dormers. They have a smaller, enclosed private balcony. Look at pics of gf buildings and you can see the difference.

They should have aback up QS spot. I have been to many Disney resorts during construction and food is always available. Also they have a nice menu at both pools and room service is fun too!

Can you tell me what you thought of the 2nd floor king deluxe rooms? I have requested s turret room for our upcoming stay, but I know there's a chance we may get a second floor room instead. It seems like most people hate them, but I would love to hear a first hand opinion!

We would like to watch the fireworks and Electric Water Pageant from GF. We are staying there with a Conch Key theme Park View requested. Can we see both from that building or would the beach work better for this? We'll be seeing the Wishes from inside the park too but would like to catch both at some point too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter