(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree -- I love walking over to Kona's Cafe for Tonga Toast, and rationalizing to myself that I walk the calories off on the way back. Best breakfast bargain at Disney, Kona's Cafe, probably best lunch bargain too!

Tom

What is Tonga Toast? Is it like french toast?

Thanks lala5176. Meat and cheese for breakfast doesn't sound appealing to me. Maybe that's why I don't remember it! :)

LOL... that's common in some European countries. I DO like ham and bacon on my eggs though!!!
Weird.... my post combined with your post.

Hello all! We were able to take advantage of the Southwest airfare sale and in doing so added a day to our trip. :goodvibes We are already spending 9 nights at BC CL so our family voted on spending our bonus night at GF! We've never stayed here before and are super excited! We booked an Outer Building Lagoon View room. Which building should I request for being able to see a sidelong view of MK? Is this even possible? Does Boca Chica have any rooms in our category? Thanks! :beach:

Congrats on booking your first GF stay :goodvibes:. The GF is a great resort, you're going to love it! All of the outer buildings have LV rooms (with the exception of SL/outer building CL), although I don't know whether or not any of them have a view of what you're asking. Hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Thanks mickeynut1!

I'm from Chicago too (I'm assuming you are Chicago but maybe just a Bulls fan.) How do you feel about The Mayor as Bulls new coach?

You're welcome :goodvibes.

We're not from Chicago, but pretty close in NW Indiana......not far at all from the city :). My oldest DS got me hooked on basketball a few years ago and is now working on turning me into a Blackhawks fan :rotfl::rotfl:. I can't say I feel one way or another about the new coach as I don't really know about those things....LOL....but I am going to miss Tom T :(. How about you?

Congrats on booking your first GF stay :goodvibes:. The GF is a great resort, you're going to love it! All of the outer buildings have LV rooms (with the exception of SL/outer building CL), although I don't know whether or not any of them have a view of what you're asking. Hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

You're welcome :goodvibes.

We're not from Chicago, but pretty close in NW Indiana......not far at all from the city :). My oldest DS got me hooked on basketball a few years ago and is now working on turning me into a Blackhawks fan :rotfl::rotfl:. I can't say I feel one way or another about the new coach as I don't really know about those things....LOL....but I am going to miss Tom T :(. How about you?

Agree. Really like Tibs. However I do think the team quit on him and you cannot replace the whole team. So likely time for a new coach. Not sure how I feel about Hoiberg. I liked him as a player. Hope he is a good coach.

Hard not to be Blackhawks fan. They are such a likable group!

Agree. Really like Tibs. However I do think the team quit on him and you cannot replace the whole team. So likely time for a new coach. Not sure how I feel about Hoiberg. I liked him as a player. Hope he is a good coach.

Hard not to be Blackhawks fan. They are such a likable group!

Yeah Thibs is a likable guy. I'm not sure what happened to the team, but it does seem as if they quit at the end. I hope Hoiberg is a good choice.....the Bulls have what it takes to win a championship....they just need to play like it every game and not show up only half the time :sad2:.

I agree about the Blackhawks.....great group. I just have a hard time following hockey...lol....the puck flies around so much that once I do find it, it's gone again :laughing:. I have enjoyed watching the last few games though, and I'm looking forward to the first game of the finals tonight :happytv:.

3 weeks from today we are headed down...

Have a great trip :wizard:.

I'm cheering for the Blackhawks too -- I had Hartford Whalers season tickets for 17 years, so Joel Quinville gets the nod in this series!

Tom

Sorry about the outcome of the Eastern Conference finals for the Bulls.... Ok, no I'm not.:goodvibes Go Cavaliers :bounce:

For what it's worth, besides my Cleveland teams, I do like the Bears, Cubs and rooting for the Blackhawks. :thumbsup2 And of course, I love the GF. :thumbsup2

(Sorry to hijack)

I came here to discuss one of my loves GF and WDW and now reading about Chicago sports.:yay:

Let's go HAWKS!!!

lol. this has turned into a GF / Blackhawks thread. Love it!!!

so, to get this back to GF, is there anywhere I will be able to watch the Hawks games at the GF besides my room?? I don't remember seeing a TV anywhere. Wouldn't go with the theme!

I agree -- I love walking over to Kona's Cafe for Tonga Toast, and rationalizing to myself that I walk the calories off on the way back. Best breakfast bargain at Disney, Kona's Cafe, probably best lunch bargain too!
Tom

I cannot wait to try Tonga Toast, it's 2 of my favourite foods combined! I have us scheduled to walk over to Kona's twice while we're at VGF. How long do you think the walk from the VGF building to the Kona Cafe will take? We're pretty fast walkers, but I'd love to be able to have more of a morning stroll over there.

I cannot wait to try Tonga Toast, it's 2 of my favourite foods combined! I have us scheduled to walk over to Kona's twice while we're at VGF. How long do you think the walk from the VGF building to the Kona Cafe will take? We're pretty fast walkers, but I'd love to be able to have more of a morning stroll over there.
dd and I do it in less than ten. You are closer from the villas compared to the rest of the resort so should be a nice stroll.

Dd finally tried the tonga toast last year and "fell in love" as she says.

I'm cheering for the Blackhawks too -- I had Hartford Whalers season tickets for 17 years, so Joel Quinville gets the nod in this series!

Tom

For the short time I've been watching the Blackhawks (or hockey in general...lol), Joel Quenneville seems like a great coach ::yes::. GO BLACKHAWKS!!!! :cool1:

Being a lot of Blackhawks fan seem to travel, the news reported this morning that Tampa Bay (like Nashville) is limiting ticket sales to people in certain zip codes....guess they're afraid their arena will be filled with Blackhawks fans that will overpower the Lightning fans :rolleyes1 :laughing:.

Sorry about the outcome of the Eastern Conference finals for the Bulls.... Ok, no I'm not.:goodvibes Go Cavaliers :bounce:

:eek: :faint:

For what it's worth, besides my Cleveland teams, I do like the Bears, Cubs and rooting for the Blackhawks. :thumbsup2 And of course, I love the GF. :thumbsup2

(Sorry to hijack)

I'm not much of a Bears or Cubs fan, but the Blackhawks and the GF is a great combination ::yes::.

I came here to discuss one of my loves GF and WDW and now reading about Chicago sports.:yay:

Let's go HAWKS!!!

:cheer2::cheer2:

lol. this has turned into a GF / Blackhawks thread. Love it!!!

so, to get this back to GF, is there anywhere I will be able to watch the Hawks games at the GF besides my room?? I don't remember seeing a TV anywhere. Wouldn't go with the theme!

Me too :goodvibes

Like a pp said, Mizners might have a tv for watching the game :).

Like Trisha posted, it's only about a 10 minute walk ;).

Last edited:
I posted this on the Swan/Dolphin thread but haven't really been getting any feedback... Thought I would ask my trusty GF friends instead...

I am interested in doing a couples massage at one of the spas. I looked at Senses and Mandara at Swan/Dolphin. I like the look of Mandara better but TripAdvisor and Yelp reviews don't seem great. I liked that the lounge areas are co-ed at Mandara (going with my honey so I would like to relax with him!), whereas they seem to be single-*** at Senses. However, if the condition of the Mandara spa, the service, and the treatments aren't of excellent quality, I would rather spend the money at Senses. Any help? Has anyone been to either or both and can comment? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter