2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I would have given up my seat for this man, I tend to agree with the other side of this debate. I would not go to WDW while pregnant or with a child that was in diapers or needed a stroller. The hardship would not be like a fun vacation to me and the kids would not even remember being there to feel the magic. I would not expect someone else to willingly let me impose on them. The heart of this issue is the packed buses that Disney is offering as a convenience. I can't handle a packed bus, standing, for three resort stops on the way back after a long, hot day of an over crowded park where we stand in long lines. I may use Uber for MK days to avoid this convenience.

I agree with you on the inconvenience of the buses! We gave up on those years ago...we always rent a car (or occasionally drive our own). But as outahere pointed out, even driving yourself (or taking a taxi or uber) is a pain when driving to MK because you have to park at TTC and take a tram to get on the boat or monorail! We haven't decided if we will drive to MK this time or take the bus. We may give both a try and time each one to see which is best. We usually stay in the monorail loop for the convenience to MK, but SAB is a huge draw when it's so hot!!

I know. We felt so bad, we were standing too; we had no seats to give. His wife was standing holding their stroller and their (maybe 8year old) daughter was standing holding a bag. The whole family deserved seating but you can't make anyone get up so all we could do was talk to them and complain for them!
Having flashbacks to being on the subway when I was pregnant commuting from queens to Manhattan everyday. Glad I don't have to do that ever again.

Hi friends! My husband and I are visiting WDW for our anniversary this year (after having a really TOUGH year.) Our plan is to take it easy, spend most of our time at our resort, pool, and surrounding area and then hit the parks at night when it's not as hot. We were originally booked at the Poly, but last night we decided to switch to the Beach Club! It was a battle between food and pool. The Poly (IMO) has more counter service options readily available near the pool area, but SAB was something that my husband was SO excited about (and I'm usually the excited Disney person, so I couldn't resist his enthusiasm!) Please reassure me that we'll have enough quick breakfast & lunch options available to us that we won't be bored, since we'll probably be doing breakfast and lunch at the resort every day.

I've also been looking at the amazing Touring Plans building layout to see what type of request we want to make. We have a garden/woods view room (with a PIN code!!!!) I also looked through the BC room view thread and would love something like this
Beach Club Room Views (post #56)
I'm nervous we're going to get one of the rooms on the back side facing BCV. Ideally, we'd like to be close to SAB and the lobby since we'll be spending most of our time in that area. Should we make "close to elevators" one of our requests? Are the elevators the little black rectangles on this map? http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/160/building?hotel=226&building=160&filters[view]=any&filters[rate_date]=2015-05-25&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[sound]=&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[floors]=any&no_draw=true&rooms=false&floor=3

Thanks for any help you can provide, and sorry for so many questions!! I've been researching the Poly for a while and now I feel like I'm behind schedule!
We found a hopper pass is necessary when staying at the YC or BC. We would walk into Epcot at 9:00 a.m., grab coffee and breakfast at Paris and then walk back to SAB for the afternoon. If you get creative with your options, Boardwalk Bakery, Hurricane Hannahs for lunch, Crews Cup, Big River Grille, ESPN, and then all the food options at the S&D you will be fine. We also never used Garden Grocer for groceries prior to staying at the YC, but here it's nice to have some breakfast foods and drinks readily available in your room in the morning. You will love it. BTW - we jumped ship from the POly for August to back to the YC because we were afraid of the second pool at the Poly being closed and the obvious construction. Enjoy!

Although I would have given up my seat for this man, I tend to agree with the other side of this debate. I would not go to WDW while pregnant or with a child that was in diapers or needed a stroller. The hardship would not be like a fun vacation to me and the kids would not even remember being there to feel the magic. I would not expect someone else to willingly let me impose on them. The heart of this issue is the packed buses that Disney is offering as a convenience. I can't handle a packed bus, standing, for three resort stops on the way back after a long, hot day of an over crowded park where we stand in long lines. I may use Uber for MK days to avoid this convenience.
I never would expect a seat given up for me at all, but I went to Disney pregnant last time and had an amazing trip. I don't mind walking and the only hard part was carrying my daughter when it got late and she fell asleep waiting for the bus each night, but dh did that. I guess I plan/expect worst case scenarios and then it can only go up lol! I wouldn't have gone if I didn't think I could handle it. That being said I get up and stand for most people. My husband felt the same when we lived in NYC. Unless the train was empty he wasn't sitting lol. And I don't agree that kids shouldn't be tired on the busses! Seriously??? Let them run all day and sleep while we get home, that's one of those childhood things to experience :)

Uber from BC to Contemporary?
That's a pretty good idea, but I don't know if they will let the driver in without a reservation at Contemporary. But you could definitely walk from the Contemporary! We stayed at BC once last year, and we made a reservation at GF Cafe once and Kona Cafe once so that we could just monorail over. You can check in up to three hours before your ressie and then you can go back to MK as long as you want afterward!

That's a pretty good idea, but I don't know if they will let the driver in without a reservation at Contemporary. But you could definitely walk from the Contemporary! We stayed at BC once last year, and we made a reservation at GF Cafe once and Kona Cafe once so that we could just monorail over. You can check in up to three hours before your ressie and then you can go back to MK as long as you want afterward!
If you were doing chef mickeys they'd have to let you in right?

Not only will my DH give up his seat for Any child, woman (pregnant or not), elderly individual...but so will I and my daughters. Heck on one ride back from the parks all 4 of us gave ours up after we had all 4 gotten a seat in the first place LOL!!!

My daughter and her roommates (all of whom were on the Disney College Program these past 9 months) used Uber several times!!

@Beth06015, I was blessed with three perfect pregnancies that made my life miserable. I gained over 100 pounds with each, water gain that dropped off in the few weeks after the ordeals were over. No way I would have wanted to torture myself more by walking in Florida heat and humidity. I can't relate with women that say being pregnant was the best time of their life. I wonder if they have amnesia. God makes each of us different that way. My girls and I hit the parks from open to close and we all are close to sleeping while standing on the bus home. : o ). I told my youngest and mom about the possibility of the buses being packed again this trip, crowd levels jumped to 9 on touring plans for our dates. My mom asked, isn't that half the fun? My youngest said, don't we have to give up our seat? And I'm thinking of paying for taxis. I guess I'm the whimp.

@Beth06015, I was blessed with three perfect pregnancies that made my life miserable. I gained over 100 pounds with each, water gain that dropped off in the few weeks after the ordeals were over. No way I would have wanted to torture myself more by walking in Florida heat and humidity. I can't relate with women that say being pregnant was the best time of their life. I wonder if they have amnesia. God makes each of us different that way. My girls and I hit the parks from open to close and we all are close to sleeping while standing on the bus home. : o ). I told my youngest and mom about the possibility of the buses being packed again this trip, crowd levels jumped to 9 on touring plans for our dates. My mom asked, isn't that half the fun? My youngest said, don't we have to give up our seat? And I'm thinking of paying for taxis. I guess I'm the whimp.
Pregnancy is such a wonderful experience :) not missing it!!! Although I'm thinking it may have been easier than taking a 3 yo? Time will tell....(only partially kidding). Tantrum phase.....

I would never call pregnancy the best time of my life, lol, but I went in the second trimester on purpose as the 1st and 3rd were the bad ones for me!!

Crowd levels of 9 would make me crazy I think! We are going in September!

Current cape may breakfast pricing and stormalong hours? Leaving in 4 days!!;)

Pool hours change too frequently to note.

The character breakfast at Cape May features Goofy and friends Breakfast $27 (child $14) Note: Prices increase during peak periods.

APPETIZERS (4)
Sliced Salami and Capicola
Included
Selection of Cheeses Included
Smoked Salmon and Pastrami-style Salmon Included
Low-fat Cottage Cheese Included
ENTRÉES (7)
Scrambled Eggs
Included
Pork Sausage Links Included
Smoked Bacon Included
Breakfast Potatoes Included
Hand-carved Glazed Ham Included
Assorted Kellogg's® Cereals Included
Assorted Breads and Bagels Included
SIDES (14)
Capers, Onions, Lemons, and Tomatoes
Included
Hard-boiled Eggs Included
Apple Sauce Included
Healthy Grain Fruit Salad Included
Yogurt Bar Included
Chorizo and Four Cheese Scrambled Eggs Included
Frittatas Included
Creamy Cheddar Grits Included
Biscuits with Homestyle Sausage Gravy Included
Hot Apple Quinoa Cereal Included
Assorted Fresh Baked Pastries Included
Spinach Salad Included
Fresh-cut Fruit Included
Seasonal Vegetables

Hi all!

My husband and I along with my folks are traveling in October but we'll be staying at AKV while they'll be staying at BCV...

I was wondering if there are any special areas at BC where we can all get together and hang out (besides their studio) from time to time. I know we can't use SAB and they can't use the pools at AKL but is there even anywhere we can sit around together that might be pretty to look at or relaxing? I'm assuming we can't even get into the pool area at all just to lounge (not swim), correct?

LJSquishy, they don't check wristbands at the BC quiet pool and there are lots of tables and chairs there for you to hang out at (or is it in? Being from Chicago we feel the need to end our sentences with a preposition). The Solarium is another space at BC where you can relax and catch up. There are plenty of couches/seats there and it's usually pretty empty in there. It's located directly across from the Marketplace.

LJSquishy, they don't check wristbands at the BC quiet pool and there are lots of tables and chairs there for you to hang out at (or is it in? Being from Chicago we feel the need to end our sentences with a preposition). The Solarium is another space at BC where you can relax and catch up. There are plenty of couches/seats there and it's usually pretty empty in there. It's located directly across from the Marketplace.

Perfect, thank you! I forgot about the Solarium but remember seeing gorgeous photos of it and that would be a great place to chat along with the quiet pool.

I'm so excited!!! It was decided yesterday (with much begging lol) that we are staying at BC for our next visit. We are about 15 months out- so plenty of time to plan!! Love this thread- there is so much great information!

This will be our first time staying here. We usually do POR or the Treehouse villas. But Stormalong bay was the kicker with 4 kids- 19, 9, 4 and 3. Plus I think our friends are coming- and they have 3 kids as well!

I look forward to learning so much from you pros this year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!