2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any additional BC CL renovated room pictures?

Did you look at links to renovated CL room pictures on page 1 of this thread? I have more room pictures also that are not in that link. Please let me know if you are looking for something in particular and I would be happy to see if I have a picture. :)

Here are the links as listed on page 1:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...2014-march-2015.3326031/page-97#post-52708441

http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...014-march-2015.3326031/page-105#post-52749538

http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...014-march-2015.3326031/page-145#post-53003855

http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...014-march-2015.3326031/page-145#post-53006340

Last edited:
We also really like a full balcony. It is our #1 request, daybed as our second request. If the balcony is most important to you, perhaps have "full balcony or patio" listed as your first request. Upper floor with full balcony would pretty much just limit you to 4th floor and would lessen your chances for full balcony as most 3rd floor rooms have the standing only balcony and the 5th floor is CL. Also, I think the water view is lovely, particularly if you plan to spend that much time sitting on your full balcony or patio. Just keep in mind the full balcony is just a request. Yes, you could switch back to YC, but then you are taking a chance on getting a lovely garden view. Also, the newly renovated BC rooms are just lovely and all floors should be complete by your September trip (per your signature).

Good Luck!

Thank you! I am going to put balcony as our only request. The CM I talked to made it sound like I had to request upper floor to not be on the ground level, but I really don't care what floor we are on. If we don't get a balcony I would also be willing to switch room levels or back over o the YC if it is still available. Since those switches would be cheaper rates, would then give me a refund/credit my bill?

Thank you! I am going to put balcony as our only request. The CM I talked to made it sound like I had to request upper floor to not be on the ground level, but I really don't care what floor we are on. If we don't get a balcony I would also be willing to switch room levels or back over o the YC if it is still available. Since those switches would be cheaper rates, would then give me a refund/credit my bill?

The second floor also has some waterview full balcony rooms. I really don't know about switching to a different resort / view category upon arrival regarding the refund. I suppose they would credit the difference if you were downgrading, but I don't know, maybe somebody will chime in.

As far as I know, this service (where Disney makes the purchases for you in the Disney gift shop of the hotel and takes the items up to your room) is only available to DVC members staying in DVC villas. The order list is only available on the DVC Member website, and you must be a DVC member to access the website.
I stayed at OKW on a cash reservation and printed off the order form from the pdf that I found on that website. I'm not a DVC member. I'm glad I was able to order the food, anyway. :)

I stayed at OKW on a cash reservation and printed off the order form from the pdf that I found on that website. I'm not a DVC member. I'm glad I was able to order the food, anyway. :)

Interesting. I stand corrected.

We love Cape May café and have ADR's every year. I think I read recently that the crab legs are no longer offered on the serving line, but are now brought to your table. Can anyone clarify this? Does it work or do you spend all evening waiting? Thanks for your help.
When we ate dinner at Cape May in January they brought the crab legs to the table in a bucket if you wanted crab legs. The crab legs were back on the buffet table when we ate there in February. I asked the waiter about it and he said that there was too much waste and it actually cost more to bring the indivisual servings of crab legs to the table than to have them on the buffet table. So they are going to stay on the buffet with the rest of the food. :)

I just switched from Garden View at the YC to Lagoon/Water View at the beach club. I requested an upper floor with a balcony. The CM on the phone said that shouldn't be a problem, but I am really nervous. We really want a balcony, but we also really want a water view from that balcony. What do you guys think? Should I switch back to YC and just deal with the garden view? Do you think we should be able to get a balcony at BC? The ground level rooms would guarantee us a patio, right? Should we switch to one of those? DH and I just want a place to sit after the kids have all gone to sleep @ 7-730.
The CM on the phone really has no idea of what the balcony situation is at the BC. A full balcony is only a request and you have about a 50/50 chance of getting one. A ground level floor would have a patio, but that is also a request.

i have a general question for you...has anyone had a reservation where the room occupants names were all listed, and at the last minute had to change one of them to someone else - like at the last minute my friend or family member couldn't go, and someone else wanted to take their place,....did you change the name on the reservation, or just have the new person go and use the original person's magic band, etc...?

I have a friend that may want to try to book something for next year with me, but her job is such that she might not be able to go at the last minute - could I substitute someone else? And if at the last minute, (worst case scenario!!) I couldn't go, and the resv was in my name - could someone else go with my friend and use my magic band, etc. or would the reservation have to be changed to her name?

I think my question got lost in the shuffle...does anyone know the answer to the above?

Thank you all!! I just called and switched back to the YC. The $700 price difference wasn't worth the stress of not knowing if we would get a balcony or not. While I would prefer a water view, I am sure that the garden/woods view will also be relaxing.

We arrived yesterday and WOW what a welcome. Gave our name and got whisked off to Club level, champagne and treats for the kids. Got our room straight away at 10.30 am and headed to parks. Is it ok for a grown man to cry when he met the Princesses at Royal Table lunch? Well it is now. I love it here - i get to be the big kid I am and nobody cares!

BC is lush, cast members so friendly. Newly renovated rooms so plush and comfortable and our beach club 14 days is off to a great start. I'm so excited I could burst!

Not sure how to add pictures can anyone guide me?

xoxo jimmy

If you look at the bottom of the post you're writing to add to the list, in the lower right corner there is a middle "button" that says UPLOAD A FILE. You can click on that and you will have to root around in what ever device you are posting from (Phone, ipad, desktop/lap top computer to find where the file you want to add to your post is stored. Every device is different so you will have to know where on your device the file is that you want to upload. For instance if you took a picture using your cell phone you would have to know where that picture was stored, essentially in which folder it would be in on YOUR phone and then select that file to insert in a post. This latest incarnation of the Disboards allows you to post your picture as a tiny "click on to see bigger" thumbnail image or at whatever size it is on your device.

i have a general question for you...has anyone had a reservation where the room occupants names were all listed, and at the last minute had to change one of them to someone else - like at the last minute my friend or family member couldn't go, and someone else wanted to take their place,....did you change the name on the reservation, or just have the new person go and use the original person's magic band, etc...?

I have a friend that may want to try to book something for next year with me, but her job is such that she might not be able to go at the last minute - could I substitute someone else? And if at the last minute, (worst case scenario!!) I couldn't go, and the resv was in my name - could someone else go with my friend and use my magic band, etc. or would the reservation have to be changed to her name?

I am fairly certain that you could add the person even at check in or perhaps later in your trip. They would have to be under their real name and they would have to have their own magic band which would be given to them at check in (grey color). I'm not sure how you would transfer the fast Pass + reservations out of the person that didn't come and into their name. Keep in mind that park tickets and room keys and dining plans all go on those magic bands, so it would not be wise to have a new person just use and previous person's magic band. All sorts of trouble would result if the band was lost and had to be reissued and they asked for ID and then it was discovered that the person using someone else's Identity at Disney was in fact someone entirely different. The ticket would be disabled and no new one would be issued as this is a violation of Disney's terms.

So the upshot is that it is very easy to change the line up of who showed up for the trip at check in. Even if they come later in the week you can always add them to the reservation. I believe if you add them AFTER you check in they may not even have to buy the dining plan if everyone else on the reservation bought it. You may have to pay an addtional charge if there are MORE than TWO ADULTS in the room but every room that has more than 2 adults has to pay an up charge.

~And you definitely DON'T want to have someone running around with another name's magic band. The mouse doesn't like this.

~NM

I think my question got lost in the shuffle...does anyone know the answer to the above?
I think that your question is a general resort policy type question rather than something that is specific to the BC/YC. But if I were to take a stab at an answer, I would guess that for liability reasons the names of the people who were staying in the room would have to be correct. It would be easy to tell them at the desk that person A was out and person B was in. :)

I think that your question is a general resort policy type question rather than something that is specific to the BC/YC. But if I were to take a stab at an answer, I would guess that for liability reasons the names of the people who were staying in the room would have to be correct. It would be easy to tell them at the desk that person A was out and person B was in. :)

Thanks for the replies I kind of figured that was the way it would be, but thought I would ask...I'm thinking that if we DO plan a trip for the future, and something comes up, it's just best to change the resv...keep everything nice and clean, so we can concentrate on the FUN!! Thanks again for the answers!

Our room was #4557overlooking the quiet pool with a huge balcony. Posting those pics is making me sad...... Wish I was still there!

Our room was #4557overlooking the quiet pool with a huge balcony. Posting those pics is making me sad...... Wish I was still there!

We stayed in this room, can't believe it has been 10 years, way back in 2005. That was 2 room renovations ago! Thanks for posting the pictures, loved that large balcony.

Hey friends!
Sorry for long time-no post. Life is good here, just extremely busy with a show I'm putting on at work with the children, a grad class I'm being forced to take, and life in general. We really haven't done much planning for our upcoming August trip, but you can see by the ticker that we got cold feet and jumped ship from the Poly to the CR. I like knowing that my resort is not a construction zone. :flower:

Anyway, quick question about DHS. We just booked the Fantasmic! dining package with dinner at The Brown Derby. Has anyone done this and have strong opinions either way? My question that I can't seem to find an answer to is about exiting. Do you get to leave ahead of the crowd, or do you have a secret exit?

Thanks, and I promise to start posting a lot more quite soon!
-Scott

Hi Scott! The last time we did the Fantamic pkg was years ago and we used the seceret entrance, but I heard they stopped using it quite awhile ago.
Love the Cobb salad at Brown Derby!

Gorgeous room! It looks pretty big... Is this a deluxe? It's always depressing when you have to leave Disney:(

Anyway, quick question about DHS. We just booked the Fantasmic! dining package with dinner at The Brown Derby. Has anyone done this and have strong opinions either way? My question that I can't seem to find an answer to is about exiting. Do you get to leave ahead of the crowd, or do you have a secret exit?

Thanks, and I promise to start posting a lot more quite soon!
-Scott

I can't offer any personal experiences, but there are several posts on this thread that may be helpful:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasmic-dinner-package-can-you-exit-fantasmic-any-faster.696794/

Last edited:
:cool2:[/QUOTE]

Gorgeous room! It looks pretty big... Is this a deluxe? It's always depressing when you have to leave Disney:(

Yes it is a deluxe room, nice and spacious. I think it is 570 square feet. My boys say they have "PDSD" (post Disney stress disorder) lol! The only cure is another trip to Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter