2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!!! I am lost in my fancy new Horizons kitchen!!! There's no manual for the coffee maker so I had to resort to munching the coffee beans straight up!

So glad to see all of the new faces joining us!!! I'll make changes and additions to the Be Our Guest list tomorrow morning.

:jumping1:

We decided to do a split stay again and stay an extra day so we will be at GF 7/23-7/27 and then BC 7/27-8-1.

Sorry to make you change the info again. Thanks for everything you do here.:daisy:

Got it! :thumbsup2

Our dates have changed to June 12-19.

Thanks!

I'll make the change to the list. :goodvibes

Please add me to the Be Our Guest List!!

Yacht Club August 25-September 1. Our first visit!!

Booked through the magical deal!! YEEHAW!!

Here's your official :welcome:

Will do!

:cool1:

We've finally made our decision- we will be at YC from Dec 6-14 in a GV room for our 35th wedding anniversary!!! Hopefully we'll get a little pixie dust while we're there. Can you please make the changes to the BOG list.

:rainbow::rainbow:

Great!!! I'll make the adjustment. :)

Any confirmation that work has begun on BCV yet? We'll be in a 2-bedroom villa 10/24 - 11/1 and it would be nice to have a refurb'd room! :)

:welcome:

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you.

:woohoo:

I have not heard that work has started yet.

All this delurking has inspired me to delurk myself. Ya'll were so helpful when I was planning my first BC stay. I'm happy to report we will be back at the BC soon! Please add me to the list for April 20-26th. Can't wait!! :teeth:

:welcome: back!!!

So glad to have you out in the open.

I'll add you to the list.

:thumbsup2

Hi, I haven't posted here before but was just admiring the gorgeous pics. We have an Alaskan cruise booked on the wonder for this year but I'm awaiting dates to be released for Christmas 2016 then we will be booking a stay at the Beach Club. We walked from Hollywood studios to epcot last May and absolutely loved the look of the resort. It's proximity to Epcot is perfect too as its my hubby's favourite park.

Sounds like a GREAT plan!!!

Let us know if you have any questions and when your plans firm up.

:cheer2:

Another lurker to the thread. We go to DW every year but this is our first deluxe stay! We will be at the BC from Aug. 25th to Aug. 31st. So excited! Thank you for all the info and humor!

:wave: and :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

New here! We're staying at BC from August 16th to 22nd!

Another lurker here. Just returned from a BC CL stay 3/8 to 3/11 that was chosen after reading all the great information here. Thank you! And now we have a YC garden view room booked for 10/1/15 to 10/4/15.

So glad to see you coming back again so soon!

:woohoo:

Need to update my entry now that I've finished booking the rest of our stay - BCV 6/14-16 then switch to BC through the 19th! Looked at other resorts for the other part of our stay and just can't imagine any place would be better than BC/YC :) Now I'm making our ADRs and it finally seems real!!!

Great- I'll make the adjustment to the list. :thumbsup2

First time staying at the Beach Club! We're cruising the last week of April and decided on Disney days to follow. Originally at CBR, then decided that (1) it's only a few days and (2) my husband wants a killer pool, so we made the jump to the Beach Club. We are SO excited! (May 3-6) We only booked a standard room, but I requested a large balcony (it WILL get used!) Looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk.
[/QUOTE]

Great decisions to choose the Beach Club.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

ANYONE ELSE???

Does anyone know if all the standard rooms at YC CL have a full balcony? Or does this to be requested ? Thanks

Yes, I believe all YC CL standard view rooms have a full balcony. As far as I know, there is just one room (at least that is all I have heard about) at YC without a full balcony and it is YC CL WV. I want to say room 5163, but not positive unless I look it up.

:)

Hi all! I have a quick question for all of you BC experts - We are staying Poly CL for 7 nights before moving to BC CL for the next 7 nights this summer. If we did a Garden Grocer order for our Poly stay and had food/drinks leftover, will they move those over to the BC for us along with luggage? How does it work if there is something that has to be refrigerated?

Thanks so much for your expertise! I LOVE reading this board!!!!

Yes they will move your groceries too and will keep any perishables cold.

Thanks Natebenma, we are a family of 5, so unfortunately no water views for us in CL. One more question if anyone knows. Does the CL lounge still have the Nescafé coffee maker? I actually enjoyed the lattes from there.

View attachment 84534 One more sleep! So excited that we will be spending the weekend at SAB and the BC! Sorry for the huge picture - trying to figure out how to post from my phone so I can share our family fun this weekend!

I love your "Magic Band ring toss" picture. This is an excellent idea for rainy day activities at the resort. With 1,213 rooms between the two resorts that will be quite the ring toss bracket for the Hurricane Madness tournament in August.

(!!! Note to panicky people with trips planned in August... you can still go to the parks and enjoy he rides and activities, just bring a poncho and quick drying foot wear and you are good to go if it should be raining during your vacation!)

~NM

In honor of your kitchen coveting I pixie dust you with THIS kitchen!

DSC_5735.jpg

~NM

I spy a Detroit Red Wings hat wearing gentleman (or maybe teen?) on the left. I knew I liked you people and your fancy schmancy kitchens for a reason :yo-yo:

Natebenma...instead of changing me in the be our guest you can just delete me.

We needed to move our vacation up 2 weeks and that meant saying bye bye to our 35% off bounceback. Since BC is only giving 20% for the summer discount we have decided to move across the lake to BWI. We'll still be doing GF before BW so all was not lost at least.

No question is silly, unless you ask us about our phone books.
About any door on the Crescent lake side of the resort will do. The most common are the main doors out of the lobby or follow the inside walkway around Cape May then exit where the walkway runs out. Viola. Mere steps away from the entrance.

I think the first part of your answer is why I was asking. It seems if you leave through the main doors then you need to walk down to the sidewalk along Crescent Lake to enter. But I think I understand there is a door (or doors) near Cape May that take me out inside the enclosed SAB area where I can enter by B&C. Thanks!

Thanks Natebenma, we are a family of 5, so unfortunately no water views for us in CL. One more question if anyone knows. Does the CL lounge still have the Nescafé coffee maker? I actually enjoyed the lattes from there.
We were just there a couple weeks ago. They have a Nespresso machine but there was a note on it saying the steamed milk feature was not working at the time. They also had regular and decaf coffee urns.

I won't be going in August as we went last year. The tribe of feral men that live in my house want to go back at Christmas time hence the MAGICAL reservation at the Boardwalk inn for my VACATION TRAVEL. I am using my super Ninja powers to influence Other Beach Club groupies to join me at club level during this time period.

Now we get to the fun part... Retribution!

While he is sleeping I would program his cell phone and change his ring tone to something REALLY cheesy. It seems like every cell phone comes with 3 billion cheesy ring tones and only one that sounds respectable. You can text him later and ask if he liked his new tone.

Plan B would be to make him watch a RiverDance video.

~NM

See, this would be brilliant, but he is very technically savvy and the payback might be more than I bargained for. He keeps his phone on mute most of the time, too, so he doesn't forget to do it when he goes to court (as an attorney, not a criminal, although I realize there can be a fine line between the two).

But, I discovered a good alternative. My kids were whinging about the music I chose to play one night (some classical piece I can't recall). Thought it was too long and repetitive. I said, "you want long and repetitive, I've got long and repetitive." Cue up Bolero. All seventeen-plus minutes of it. My husband commented that the kids weren't the only ones being punished that night. So I'll keep that one in mind the next time he gifts me with an ear worm from 1970's TV.

I'm just dreaming of our trip in August at this point. The forecast here has the temp getting up to the 60's for a few days, but then going right back down to the upper forties for Easter weekend.

cgulls - I think there's an exit by Cape May Cafe that is right by the one entrance to SAB, but my memory is hazy (which is sad, since I was just there last August).

Here's what has become our routine at the BC.
  • I pull in and someone is there to tell us where to park under the portico.
  • I tell the parking person/bellman that I am checking in and self parking but I do use luggage/bell services.
  • They unpack the car and I go check in. It is well worth the $10 tip for me for the bellman to handle my luggage. You do not have to tip the person unloading the car but I usually give him a couple dollars. We have coolers, bags, hanging bags, groceries......
  • The family then waits in the lobby for me to go park. If the room is not ready they will store the luggage until it is. They will even refrigerate any items needed. We just call when we get back from the park or wherever we hang out
  • If it is ready we go up to the room and I'll call down and they usually have the luggage up with 10-15 minutes. That's when I tip the $10.
This may or may not have answered your question. If your room is ready then unless it is super busy I'm feel like you could leave your car there or pull to the side. I just wouldn't leave it too long.

MIckeyT thank you for sharing your routine with me. The resort we go to at the beach has 15 minute loading and unloading and we are very experienced with unloading our van, getting everything up to our room, cart unloaded, and van moved as quickly as possible. I'll keep your information handy so I will be prepared depending on the situation when we check in.

Just curious about who will be at YC/BC in mid-August and might be up for a meet up? We're at the Poly from the 16th through the 19th, then moving to BC until the 23rd.

And completely off topic, but my husband just searched up the theme from BJ and the Bear on youtube. And played it. Suggestions for retribution would be appreciated. Ninja mom, I'm looking at you.

We are planning on being at the BC from the 11th until the 22nd and would be interested in any meet ups.

Teena - I hope you have a great time on your cruise mother/daughter cruise. We watched a two hour long show last night on the Discovery channel about the Disney cruise line and I have lots of questions. :)

Mom, I tried to watch that too, but someone wouldn't let me... we had to watch a Van Damme movie, which I promptly fell asleep during. :crazy2:

And I suppose I'm sort of de-lurking. I'm been reading more than replying, but I did post a while ago.

~Cari~ pluto:

Please add us to the list! We'll be at BC CL from July 31st - Aug 5th, then heading over to the Dark Side for two nights.

We stayed YC two years ago and loved it. Last year we stayed at AoA. We loved our suite and it was really nice having two bathrooms, but that's once was enough for us. Back to the Epcot area this year!

I think the first part of your answer is why I was asking. It seems if you leave through the main doors then you need to walk down to the sidewalk along Crescent Lake to enter. But I think I understand there is a door (or doors) near Cape May that take me out inside the enclosed SAB area where I can enter by B&C. Thanks!

No. There is no exit from BC that takes you inside SAB. The doors near Cape May take you to an area on the walkway to SAB, very close to an entrance. No matter where you exit the BC, you need to walk a walkway to enter SAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter