2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Southwest fares are at their lowest when they first release them. Keep stalking everyday as it will surely pay off! Also if you could give the rest of us a heads up when you see them being released... I will do the same!

From Southwest:

We are currently accepting air reservations through August 7, 2015. On February 26, 2015, we will open our schedule for sale through October 30, 2015. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Oh, Oh, I do, I do, Pick MEEEeeeeee!

Yes Southwest fares are at their lowest when they first release them. Keep stalking everyday as it will surely pay off! Also if you could give the rest of us a heads up when you see them being released... I will do the same!

I'm sure your lil Energizer Bunny is growing quiet well if that pacemaker is ahead of schedule on the replacement. Keep feeding and watering her regularly and she will continue to thrive. You can also let the kids know that an animal, probably a dog, has a good chance of getting her used pacemaker. I'm sure that they will love knowing that her equipment is helping something soft and furry.

~NM

That's cool, I had no idea the recycled human pacemakers for animals. Nice. :goodvibes

Dee, hope you are comfortable and warm!

I recently returned from a quick visit to the BC, where I was placed in a refurbed 4th floor guest room, facing the Quiet Pool and Boardwalk.

Due to staging considerations of the construction, only the single elevator near the Quiet Pool could be used to access the 4th floor. Rooms beyond 4475 are being worked on, with a wall and door blocking access beyond. Though I was not around during the day, I was never bothered by any noise/inconveniences due to construction.

My quick impressions of the new look:

• Good image, upon entering room, but tempered by closer look.
  • Solid color, multi-level loop carpet already showing snags, soiling and spots - solid sand color is simply not practical.
  • As previously mentioned by others, new window treatment (Roman shades) do not block extremely bright light around Quiet Pool, making it difficult to sleep, when exterior bright lights do not turn off until sunrise. The door lite's shade is not mounted flush against door, but about 2.5-3" away, creating large light gaps at the sides.
  • Continuous loop, plastic bead chain, which operates shades, is not fastened to wall/door with cord cleat or chain retainer, creating major child strangulation hazard; door shade's chain hangs only about 18" above finished floor - very dangerous.
  • New bed very comfortable.
  • Relocation of fridge away from sleeping area minimizes hearing any motor noise.
  • Toilet fixture is not new - when it would run on, I lifted tank cover and could see old rust and mineral stains inside tank.
  • Table with additional desk/table rolling out from underneath, similar to prior furniture.
  • Desk chair attractive, with vinyl upholstery on upper portion, but seat covered with light-colored fabric, which is not practical; probably should have been reversed.
  • Lighted magnifying mirror with light switch at sink/vanity area.
  • "Tower of Terror" contraption on top of bedside table is actually an integral part of the furniture, not freestanding.
  • Wall lamps at each side of the beds, controlled by easily-accessed wall switches, which can be operated while lying in bed - good idea.
  • Plenty of outlets for charging devices, including two above nightstand; USB port also provided. Other outlets throughout room.

With very tight timing for catching ME, I was glad to be able to visit with Teena, prior to leaving, if only a quick chat.:thumbsup2

More to follow, including pics.

This was AWESOME! Thanks for taking the time to share this information. I hope that you take the time to shoot an email to guest services with your observations as it might prove especially helpful or prevent a huge problem like with the Continuous loop, plastic bead chain.
email:wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I have been stalking Southwest. Right now September should open up on Feb 26th

Ha! I could have guessed that the release date probably would have been when I was away from home. It's my perpetual luck that Southwest releases flights when I am the least prepared to book them. I shall chain myself to a computer in preparation of this date! Thanks for the info!! :thumbsup2

~NM

We stayed in a boardwalk 1 bedroom and there was a maximum of 5 people. What is the maximum for a one bedroom at the Beach Club?

If you mean a 1-bedroom villa at BCV, this is what it says on the DVC member website:

Disney's Beach Club Villas 1 Bedroom Villa
Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that NO ADDITIONAL BEDDING, LINENS OR TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED.
1 king-size bed & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa

While I'm at it, here's what it says for the other types of villas at BCV (in case Dee wants it for future reference):

Disney's Beach Club Villas Deluxe Studio
Sleeps 4
1 queen-size bed & 1 full-size sleeper sofa

Disney's Beach Club Villas 2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa
Sleeps 8 – 9th guest can be accomodated, but must provide their own bedding and linens
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa & 1 full-size sleeper sofa

Disney's Beach Club Villas 2 Bedroom Villa [dedicated]
Sleeps 8 – 9th guest can be accomodated, but must provide their own bedding and linens
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed & 2 queen-size sleeper sofas

Disney's Beach Club Villas 2 Bedroom Villa - Two Queen Beds [dedicated - very few of these]
1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa

For those that don't know, a lock-off can be booked by different people as a studio and a 1 bedroom.
A dedicated can only be booked as a two-bedroom.

And I copied & pasted those descriptions, so don't blame me for the typos.

If you mean a 1-bedroom villa at BCV, this is what it says on the DVC member website:

Disney's Beach Club Villas 1 Bedroom Villa
Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that NO ADDITIONAL BEDDING, LINENS OR TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED.
1 king-size bed & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa

While I'm at it, here's what it says for the other types of villas at BCV (in case Dee wants it for future reference):

Disney's Beach Club Villas Deluxe Studio
Sleeps 4
1 queen-size bed & 1 full-size sleeper sofa

Disney's Beach Club Villas 2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa & 1 full-size sleeper sofa

Disney's Beach Club Villas 2 Bedroom Villa [dedicated]
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed & 2 queen-size sleeper sofas

Disney's Beach Club Villas 2 Bedroom Villa - Two Queen Beds [dedicated - very few of these]
1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa

For those that don't know, a lock-off can be booked by different people as a studio and a 1 bedroom.
A dedicated can only be booked as a two-bedroom.

And I copied & pasted those descriptions, so don't blame me for the typos.

Thanks for this. I will incorporate this info onto the front page.

:goodvibes

p. 187

Still digging out here north of Boston!

Boys are home from school, Mark is home from work. I think we got about 30 inches of snow- don't mock, friends from Buffalo!

:thumbsup2

Road remain pretty crappy and the commuting options are not reliable yet. We thankfully did not lose power during the storm.

:cold:

Stay safe and warm, everyone who is getting hammered by snow. We only got a couple of inches. Just enough we had to skip karate because the parking lot there is always a disaster in the winter.

Anxiously awaiting Southwest releasing their flight schedule for late August. We were supposed to take a few trips this year and airfare is just crazy at the moment. Hoping if I book right away, we'll get decent prices for August. Anyone have experience with that? I think when I looked before, the best prices the had where when flights were first released.

Off-topic, I found out our little bionic baby has to have surgery to replace her pacemaker on the 17th of February (same day I'm supposed to make ADRs). This is a year or so earlier than we were expecting it to happen. With luck, it just means she'll be extra powerful in August when she hits SAB for the first time.

Just wanted to let you know that I am sending along positive energy to Bionic Baby (Thing 4?) and to your family.

Dee,
Add me to BOG list. BC LV CL April 4-9. Going to check out the new Four Seasons April 9-11.

This is the first time I've been on the thread in ages. Work, work, work!! Looking forward to getting back and checking out the new rooms.

:woohoo:

Got it!

Can't wait to hear what you have to say about "The Bright Side" (of Life) and the 4 Seasons, too!

Have ressies at BC, 7/28-8/4/15. Do you think the refurbs will be completed at BC? Are they then moving onto BCV or YC? I didn't book at Poly because of refurbs there. When I asked CM how the BC refurbs were coming along, she had no clue what I was talking about and found no notations regarding the refurbs at BC. Why do you think they are unaware of this?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

The work on the BC rooms will probably be wrapping up, if not completed by then. As far as we have been told, it is only the rooms that are being worked on during this rehab, not public spaces like the lobby area or pool.

The work on the BCV rooms will start with a different construction crew before the BC rooms are completed and will happen simultaneously. We haven't heard definitively when that work will start. The work on the YC rooms will start once the BC rooms are completed.

Previous posts from those that have received official docs from the Mouse indicate BC refurb won't be finished until August but one can always hope it goes better than planned. If you were talking with Central reservations you probably had someone sitting in their basement in Lubbock Texas that has never been east of New Orleans. It is in Dee that we trust to keep us up to date with the latest and greatest and most factual information on page one of this thread and we are extremely grateful for all the hard work she puts in to do this, even in the face of a blizzard (not a day at the beach if you know what I mean).

Katesdad

Thanks, friend!

Just booked our first Beach Club stay August 19-26, 2015! We braved the Poly construction last year (bad decision) and are hoping for low to no construction this time around. Oh and temperatures NOT in the 100's! Very thankful for all the information on this thread!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

From what we are hearing, even if work is still going on at the time of your trip, it should not be disruptive like the Poly construction/destruction was.

:)

Dee, hope you are comfortable and warm!

I recently returned from a quick visit to the BC, where I was placed in a refurbed 4th floor guest room, facing the Quiet Pool and Boardwalk.

Due to staging considerations of the construction, only the single elevator near the Quiet Pool could be used to access the 4th floor. Rooms beyond 4475 are being worked on, with a wall and door blocking access beyond. Though I was not around during the day, I was never bothered by any noise/inconveniences due to construction.

My quick impressions of the new look:

• Good image, upon entering room, but tempered by closer look.
  • Solid color, multi-level loop carpet already showing snags, soiling and spots - solid sand color is simply not practical.
  • As previously mentioned by others, new window treatment (Roman shades) do not block extremely bright light around Quiet Pool, making it difficult to sleep, when exterior bright lights do not turn off until sunrise. The door lite's shade is not mounted flush against door, but about 2.5-3" away, creating large light gaps at the sides.
  • Continuous loop, plastic bead chain, which operates shades, is not fastened to wall/door with cord cleat or chain retainer, creating major child strangulation hazard; door shade's chain hangs only about 18" above finished floor - very dangerous.
  • New bed very comfortable.
  • Relocation of fridge away from sleeping area minimizes hearing any motor noise.
  • Toilet fixture is not new - when it would run on, I lifted tank cover and could see old rust and mineral stains inside tank.
  • Table with additional desk/table rolling out from underneath, similar to prior furniture.
  • Desk chair attractive, with vinyl upholstery on upper portion, but seat covered with light-colored fabric, which is not practical; probably should have been reversed.
  • Lighted magnifying mirror with light switch at sink/vanity area.
  • "Tower of Terror" contraption on top of bedside table is actually an integral part of the furniture, not freestanding.
  • Wall lamps at each side of the beds, controlled by easily-accessed wall switches, which can be operated while lying in bed - good idea.
  • Plenty of outlets for charging devices, including two above nightstand; USB port also provided. Other outlets throughout room.

With very tight timing for catching ME, I was glad to be able to visit with Teena, prior to leaving, if only a quick chat.:thumbsup2

More to follow, including pics.

Thanks for the concern and for the very thoughtful, comprehensive review of the room you stayed in.

I agree with you- the single, light color rug and upholstery was probably not the best decision for materials!

:scared1:

That's interesting about the Tower of Terror. I don't think anyone has mentioned that it is an attached part of the bed table.

I also appreciate you pointing out potential safety hazards and like ~NM suggests, it would be great if you could communicate these concerns to the Beach Club Management and/or Disney Guest Communications.

Oh, Oh, I do, I do, Pick MEEEeeeeee!

I'm sure your lil Energizer Bunny is growing quiet well if that pacemaker is ahead of schedule on the replacement. Keep feeding and watering her regularly and she will continue to thrive. You can also let the kids know that an animal, probably a dog, has a good chance of getting her used pacemaker. I'm sure that they will love knowing that her equipment is helping something soft and furry.

~NM

I didn't know they gave them to pets. We were thinking of asking if we could get it back as a souvenir. Could be a cool/creepy item for show and tell. Weird, but that's how we roll. I think I'll ask what will happen to it afterwards. If it's going to be reused, I'm all for that!

Judging by the picture it looks like Princess Lily loves coasters:thumbsup2 Brilliant photo :)
Hope all of you in snowy parts of the country are keeping safe and warm :goodvibes
Tarak sending you heartfelt wishes that Bionic Baby sails through surgery and is raring to go in time for your trip:hug:

Thanks :goodvibes We've got a good amount of time before August, so I'm sure she'll be good to go. We'll have a stroller for her, too. So if the heat gets to her, she can hang out in the shade and cool off. Or we head to the pool (which I'm thinking will happen anyway).

I have been stalking Southwest. Right now September should open up on Feb 26th

I saw that. I plan to stalk the site every few days to see if the date changes.

Boys are home from school, Mark is home from work. I think we got about 30 inches of snow- don't mock, friends from Buffalo!

Road remain pretty crappy and the commuting options are not reliable yet. We thankfully did not lose power during the storm.

:cold:

Just wanted to let you know that I am sending along positive energy to Bionic Baby (Thing 4?) and to your family.

Thanks Dee - bionic baby is indeed Thing #4. I suppose she's really bionic toddler. Or a cyborg, as one of my other daughter's friends called her.

I think the most snow I've ever dealt with was around 24 inches. And that seemed like a lot to me. :)

Any problems with the second weekend of your son's musical?

Oh, and I just found out that my niece from California may very well join us for the trip in August. I'm quite excited as I only get to see her once a year at best. She'll have just graduated from high school (my sister is thinking of making the trip a present for her). I admit, I'm also happy my oldest daughter will have someone to go on the Tower of Terror with her.

Still digging out here north of Boston! Boys are home from school, Mark is home from work. I think we got about 30 inches of snow- don't mock, friends from Buffalo! Road remain pretty crappy and the commuting options are not reliable yet. We thankfully did not lose power during the storm.
Just wondering how the animals at the farm are doing with all that white stuff out there. Does someone live there that takes care of them in situations like this?

Katesdad

Just wondering how the animals at the farm are doing with all that white stuff out there. Does someone live there that takes care of them in situations like this?

Katesdad

That's an excellent question! Nobody lives on the property. One of our farmers and my manager both live near by and they take care of them.

Just an FYI for everyone: room 4118 at yacht club is supposed to be garden view but is very much a parking lot view with trees scattered. Getting moved tomorrow after a talk with the manager.

p. 187

:cold

Trying not to mock:rotfl2: Laughing because the national news caught a guy in a suit with no jacket walking to work.... he is from Buffalo:rotfl::rotfl:

Just an FYI for everyone: room 4118 at yacht club is supposed to be garden view but is very much a parking lot view with trees scattered. Getting moved tomorrow after a talk with the manager.

Thanks for the heads up!!! Appreciate you passing this along.

Just booked our first stay at Beach Club! We will be there early March (mid-refurb) but are excited. 2 adults and 2 young kids, water/lagoon view. We will definitely get 2 queen beds right? I had a panic that we would somehow end up with a daybed but maybe that was just in the villas? We booked w Orbitz so I can't really make a bed request easily. If it's definitely 2 queens we are all good! Looking forward to reading through the full thread for tips and ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter