2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flight was long (Orlando/Chicago/Vegas) but good. Read a lot and watched a movie and played some video games. Slept a tad here and there. I'm sure I snored too ... Jeanne says I always do even when I fall asleep sitting up watching TV. Lily was so excited to see me and we hugged and hugged most of the night. Up early and getting ready to head into school. Jeanne has warned me about the pile of papers waiting for me along with copying and other chores. Looking forward to seeing the kids in her class too. Tonight Lily decided she wanted to hit Outback for dinner but knowing her she will probably change her mind a few times. Her first choice was the Beast's Castle (BOG) ... doesn't quite seem to understand that we can't hop on a plane to fly to dinner every night.

It's very hot and DRY here .... skin already cracking. Have to smear vasoline on feet and wear socks to bed every night. I miss the humidity and it hasn't been 24 hours yet. I'm certainly a Florida girl!!!

Jeanne and I stayed up later than usual talking about our Europe Disney cruise. She is so excited! I'm just as excited about our Disney trip with Lily starting in June and ending mid-July with our stay at Anna Maria Island.

Off to school!!!

Your best your best bet is to call the resort directly. They can add the requests to your reservation. Contacting orbitz won't help because their comments never really make it into our system at the resorts. I can tell you we do our best to meet your requests, and don't get passive aggressive and give you the opposite of what you're asking for. That's our job as room assignors, to try to meet the requests you are asking for.

So I called BC yesterday to put in my room requests, and spoke to a wonderful CM who easily put in my requests for "close to the elevators" and "refurbished room on the 4th floor." However, shortly after I got off the phone with her, I realized that I had only given her my name and the fact that I was arriving in 10 days; I hadn't given her my reservation number or specified my exact check-in date. I was worried that maybe I hadn't given her enough information, so I called back today to check on my requests. The new CM I just spoke to said that she couldn't see the requests directly because I booked through a third party, but that she would just put in my requests again and it wouldn't be a problem if they were duplicated. She was able to put in the "close to elevators, please" easily enough, but then when I put in my secondary request of "refurbished room on the 4th floor" I was told that BC only has 3 floors! I a little shocked to hear that, and tried to explain that in my experience, the Beach Club had a 5th floor club level and then 4 floors below, that room renovations had been completed on the 4th floor, and that they were currently working on the 3rd floor. She replied "Oh, those are the villas, not the main hotel itself." Realizing that I was fighting a losing battle, I re-worded my request to just "refurbished room" which she put in for me. Now I'm worried that this less-knowledgeable CM might have messed something up with my requests altogether, but I feel awkward trying to call again tomorrow if that would mean that my phoned-in requests got added three times! Boo.

I also read somewhere that if I am getting a Garden Grocer delivery, that I should notify bell services in advance. This is my first time getting a delivery to my hotel, but I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly on the Garden Grocer site. Do I need to call BC to let them know to expect the delivery (and if so, do I use the same line I've been using for the room requests)?

9 more days until SAB... the tubes are calling my name...

Excited to say I just made our reservations for November/December trip to YC! This will be our 4th trip to YC and am already so excited for our next stay there. I'm a little worried about the construction though. Add me to the list. We'll be there 11/27-12/5!

So I called BC yesterday to put in my room requests, and spoke to a wonderful CM who easily put in my requests for "close to the elevators" and "refurbished room on the 4th floor." However, shortly after I got off the phone with her, I realized that I had only given her my name and the fact that I was arriving in 10 days; I hadn't given her my reservation number or specified my exact check-in date. I was worried that maybe I hadn't given her enough information, so I called back today to check on my requests. The new CM I just spoke to said that she couldn't see the requests directly because I booked through a third party, but that she would just put in my requests again and it wouldn't be a problem if they were duplicated. She was able to put in the "close to elevators, please" easily enough, but then when I put in my secondary request of "refurbished room on the 4th floor" I was told that BC only has 3 floors! I a little shocked to hear that, and tried to explain that in my experience, the Beach Club had a 5th floor club level and then 4 floors below, that room renovations had been completed on the 4th floor, and that they were currently working on the 3rd floor. She replied "Oh, those are the villas, not the main hotel itself." Realizing that I was fighting a losing battle, I re-worded my request to just "refurbished room" which she put in for me. Now I'm worried that this less-knowledgeable CM might have messed something up with my requests altogether, but I feel awkward trying to call again tomorrow if that would mean that my phoned-in requests got added three times! Boo.

I also read somewhere that if I am getting a Garden Grocer delivery, that I should notify bell services in advance. This is my first time getting a delivery to my hotel, but I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly on the Garden Grocer site. Do I need to call BC to let them know to expect the delivery (and if so, do I use the same line I've been using for the room requests)?

they are working on the 3rd floor now. When you walk out of the BC Lobby, the rooms to the left all have the windows open and you can see the lights on and the furnishings are in. I expect those rooms will go back into inventory soon.

Take this with a grain of salt but when we used Garden Grocer on our last trip (2013 @ CBR), we did not notify Bell Services ahead of time and I wasn't planning on doing so with our November trip to BCV.:confused3

We are sitting on the Magical Express now, and I am literally crying tears of joy! It sounds so stupid, but when we got to the Magical Express check in and I "put Mickey to Mickey" on those fancy new DME MagicBand readers, it worked!!!!!!!!! It turned green and we went in, just like that!!! On the first try!!! After our horrible trip last year, I've had so much anxiety about this. I'm finally in the magical mood and can't wait to get to the Yacht Club soon. Our flight was on time, we had an empty seat next to us, we arrived on time, and our Magicbands WORKED!!! This trip is just DH and me to celebrate our 10th anniversary and to relive our Disneymoon, so I'm so excited. However, I'm also finally feeling like we may be ready to try another family Disney trip someday (even though we said NEVER again last year). Maybe a BB offer is in our future???

I used Garden Grocer in the past and we have not called the hotel. I believe it is not necessary to

We are sitting on the Magical Express now, and I am literally crying tears of joy! It sounds so stupid, but when we got to the Magical Express check in and I "put Mickey to Mickey" on those fancy new DME MagicBand readers, it worked!!!!!!!!! It turned green and we went in, just like that!!! On the first try!!! After our horrible trip last year, I've had so much anxiety about this. I'm finally in the magical mood and can't wait to get to the Yacht Club soon. Our flight was on time, we had an empty seat next to us, we arrived on time, and our Magicbands WORKED!!! This trip is just DH and me to celebrate our 10th anniversary and to relive our Disneymoon, so I'm so excited. However, I'm also finally feeling like we may be ready to try another family Disney trip someday (even though we said NEVER again last year). Maybe a BB offer is in our future???
Enjoy your trip!

I have used garden grocer in the past and have not called the resort to let them know.

Just got to the room. Room 2112. Garden View. Not sure that this qualifies as a "garden view" but it IS something green! A nice green tennis court! It's on the corner so no view left or right either, but it's pretty noisy so far because it's right next to the service parking lot. Not my favorite view, but I don't care too much. I'm leaving it up to DH to decide if he wants to try to switch rooms. I will update later. Guess I can't upload a pic. It's "too large for the server to process." How do I fix that? Anyway, we see just the tennis court.

This is something I would never do - at Disney or anywhere in the "real" world. I think it is out of place.
I can see bringing in cheerios or something small for him to nibble on, but bringing a meal from one restaurant into another restaurant does not feel right to me. Can you feed him before your ADR?
Another thought is that most TS restaurants in WDW do not do take out, so I am not even sure how you would accomplish this.

Totally agree with this. I wouldn't reccomend bringing a whole meal in and as someone who owned a restaurant in the past I have to say we wouldn't have allowed it in our restaurant. A small snack to nibble on while everyone eats their meal would have been fine however and like I say we've done this in the past with no problem but we always made sure to order what my son could eat off the menu which was usually drinks and dessert at worst but often a starter or side as well. We have been known to head over early and feed him a QS first if the menu was really problematic for him but as I say I always made his lunch his main meal of the day when I knew dinner was iffy for him. Hope this helps :)

I'm going to ask this question here because you all are so great: I started to really look at some of the menus that we have ADRs for, we are traveling with my MIL and SIL, so they picked some of the restaurants, for my SILs birthday she picked La Hacienda de San Angel, I don't think there is anything on the menu that my son would eat, is it acceptable to bring in a meal from a different Epcot restaurant with us? Are the posted menus all of the offerings? We would order him a drink and dessert, we are not on a meal plan. Thank you for any insight. If it wasn't her birthday we would separate for this meal.

Well, the waitstaff assumes that they will be tipped based on a percentage of what you pay for the food that they served you. So if your waiter/waitress sees you bringing in food from somewhere else, I would imagine that he/she would assume that they would be getting a smaller tip than they would from a similar size family who is ordering off the menu. So I would think that they would not be happy to see it. You might have in your head that you will give a big tip, but they don't know that.

As others have said -- no, you do not need to call BC and tell them to expect the delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter