2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going back to BCV studio 12/11-19...only stayed in 1 Bdrm so excited to have new room type and hopefully new refurbished room too! Hoping also that construction is over by then but, too soon to know for sure. We did not fall in love with BCV last stay Nov 2015. It was just feeling worn out, very little quick service options, plus weather was too chilly to really use the pool much. We were spoiled the previous year at VWL, 80 degrees, and that ambiance of holiday time at WL. Crossing fingers for a better time around at BCV in December....

Just got back from a stay at the Beach Club. Got one of the updated rooms (and a pleasant surprise of an upgrade to the club level). The updates are very nicely done. I'm actually glad to see that the Swan and Dolphin are getting an update too, but the Beach Club's was much longer overdue. Looked like the current construction was on the 3rd floor (we could see into a couple rooms in progress from the balcony), so they're making good progress. No comment on construction noise; we were never there during those hours.

dark54555: I can't wait to see the updated rooms in person. Hoping all the rooms will be done for my Sept trip!!!

Congrats on the Club Level upgrade :lovestruc

dark54555: I can't wait to see the updated rooms in person. Hoping all the rooms will be done for my Sept trip!!!

Congrats on the Club Level upgrade :lovestruc
Let me say: Having tried it for a few days, I will seriously consider getting a club room in the future. If you plan accordingly, you can save quite a bit by just using the club level free breakfast and desserts/drinks. It'd be even more if you made the effort to come back for lunch, but that's not usually our Disney style; we tend to be at the parks all day.

Question... Since we are very close to the beach club side of the resort is there a stairwell/entrance on this side that we can use to get to the marketplace and pool? Or do we have to go back to the elevators and lobby?
I am not aware of any secret entrances that would take you out to the back side of the resort from that side of the YC. I'm pretty sure the stair-well in your area goes out to the front but I have never personally taken it. You could always go down and see where it comes out and if it works, just be sure to let us all know. Hope your luck with the transportation system gets better. It has always been hit or miss with me.
Katesdad

Just got back from a stay at the Beach Club. Got one of the updated rooms (and a pleasant surprise of an upgrade to the club level). The updates are very nicely done. I'm actually glad to see that the Swan and Dolphin are getting an update too, but the Beach Club's was much longer overdue. Looked like the current construction was on the 3rd floor (we could see into a couple rooms in progress from the balcony), so they're making good progress. No comment on construction noise; we were never there during those hours.

Congrats on the upgrade! Would you mind sharing whst level of room you had originally booked?

This is completely off-topic, but it looks like bionic kid fractured her pacemaker lead, so we're headed to the ER to see about a likely replacement. Any good thoughts would be appreciated.
Sending good vibes xxx

Does anyone know if the bakery in France still opens early for breakfast? Have any of you done this before heading into Future World?
Yes, they open at 9:00 every morning. When you get to the International Gateway bridge, there will be a rope with a CM standing there. If you just mention that you want to go to the bakery, they will let you in. Nothing else will be open in that area, until 11:00, so they really don't let others past.

I am currently at the BC and very surprised to see/hear construction work today, Sunday. Sitting on a balcony, overlooking the courtyard, I can see/hear a worker apparently manually scaping old mastic from the floor. He had the balcony door open -probably for fresh air and ventilation. It looks like he just left, a few minutes ago.

Still working on third floor.

image.jpg

Thank you Shoreward!!! Have not eatin at the "new"bakery yet. Might have to break it in !!!

Thanks for the update, Shoreward. I'm very much hoping for a renovated room come August.

Just chilling at the hospital and waiting for surgery tomorrow morning. Oh, and watching the Lion King for the second time. She's never seen it and our DVD is long lost, so there's one nice thing from this.

Thanks for the update, Shoreward. I'm very much hoping for a renovated room come August.

Just chilling at the hospital and waiting for surgery tomorrow morning. Oh, and watching the Lion King for the second time. She's never seen it and our DVD is long lost, so there's one nice thing from this.
Hope all goes well tomorrow!!:thumbsup2

Sending well wishes your way. When you visit BC, it will be even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts