2013 Vacations

WE are doing 10 days in Southern California for Spring Break. 4 nights in Anaheim to go to Disneyland and to the WonderCon Comic Book Convention, then 6 nights in San Diego, staying on Coronado Island! :cheer2:

You will love Disneyland and Coronado Island! Which hotel on Coronado are you staying at? You might check out my trip report if you get bored as we stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado this past summer for the second time. Have a great trip!

This year my oldest daughter goes to college and we are trying to put together as much funds for her as possible. As luck would have it my twins (boy/girl) have a school band trip scheduled to Orlando and the cost is going to be a little too much for us to handle. We've never let them go anywhere without us and we are thinking of driving down to Orlando to catch their competition and then maybe trying to stay a few days at Port Orleans Riverside to relive some old fond memories of WDW. I guess it depends on how much Uncle Sam is willing to cough up this year.

Everyone has some great trips planned.

I have a few vacations planned:

March---Sedona, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas

June---Destin, FL (trip with spouse's family)

September---WDW

Hopefully we'll be able to take some weekend trips too. We are eager to return to Cape May and it's been a few years since we have been to NYC.

We weren't planning on going anywhere in 2013 because we didn't think we'd have the money. But now we are going to WDW in August (thanks to my new book deal!).

I have a few vacations planned:

March---Sedona, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas

June---Destin, FL (trip with spouse's family)

September---WDW

Hopefully we'll be able to take some weekend trips too. We are eager to return to Cape May and it's been a few years since we have been to NYC.

Sedona is the best. That's where we were planning to go to until I saw availability at Aulani.

Nothing. Finances are tight, and DH used up his vacation time when we went to Seattle last October.

My mom is coming to visit in July, so we will do a stay-cation while she is here. BBQ's and roasting marshmallows in the backyard at the firepit, trips to the lake, berry picking, and maybe a day-trip to the bigger town two hours away to do some shopping. :goodvibes

DD18 will start college (community college here in our town) in September, so we really won't have any time/money then!! :rotfl2:

Sorsha said:
Nothing. Finances are tight, and DH used up his vacation time when we went to Seattle last October.

My mom is coming to visit in July, so we will do a stay-cation while she is here. BBQ's and roasting marshmallows in the backyard at the firepit, trips to the lake, berry picking, and maybe a day-trip to the bigger town two hours away to do some shopping. :goodvibes

DD18 will start college (community college here in our town) September, so we really won't have any time/money then!! :rotfl2:
I think your staycation sounds lovely.

Hiking sounds great. I hope you enjoy yourself.

We are going to Vegas. I am trying to work out a mini trip for the kids . For now though that is all the vacation fairy has granted.

Hiking sounds great. I hope you enjoy yourself.

We are going to Vegas. I am trying to work out a mini trip for the kids . For now though that is all the vacation fairy has granted.

Thank you! We're going to a place called Hocking Hills, Ohio - we've been there a couple of times before, so hopefully it will be just as fun this time around.

I have loved reading about everyone's great vacation plans! So many wonderful destinations, and the staycations sound fun, also. We've had many a staycation ourselves, and sometimes you can find so many things to do close to home that don't cost much, if any money.

Safe travels this year, everyone!

Seriously considering San Diego/Disneyland in June.

Then we always go to family church camp in August (in-state, 3 hours away at a lake).

We, too, have one beginning college this fall. So it's just a short trip to Baltimore, Annapolis, DC for us this summer. The rest of the finances go to his tuition.

You will love Disneyland and Coronado Island! Which hotel on Coronado are you staying at? You might check out my trip report if you get bored as we stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado this past summer for the second time. Have a great trip!

We are not staying at the Del, we are actually at the Loews resort on the island. They had a Cyber Monday deal and were booking rooms at 40% off, we got a GREAT deal! My husband actually grew up in San Diego/SoCal, but we have not been for back for 8 years now. Last time we went our DD11 was only 3! Can't wait to go back and show her where Daddy grew up, and see the new CarsLand. I will have to check out your trip report though, and see if I can get any tips on the hotel for when we go visit.

We do plan on doing the tour at the Del though, that is where my MIL and FIL had their wedding reception back in the 70's. :)

thanks to our "surprise package" coming in August, our plans have changed a bit...

our whole family leaves next week for an 8 day excursion to MOROCCO!!

Last week of June will be hitting WDW for 7 nights --staying at the Yacht Club (never have stayed there---so I'm excited)

2nd week of July- OBX!!! --our annual beach trip with my family to Corolla--we rent a house and its awesome!!

DCL at Christmas unless government sequestration happens and I'm furloughed. No vacation then. Grrr.

Two kids in college next year, so a short trip to visit family in the next state will probably be it.

That darned furlough is hanging over our heads as well!

We weren't planning on going anywhere since we just had a baby, but DH talked me into a WDW trip this June for our 10 year anniversary. I already reserved the chef's table at Victoria and Alberts and my parents are thrilled to watch our little one for the week. I just hope my boss doesn't faint at me taking a week off work after having been out for 3 months on maternity.

In March we are going to Cal to visit MiL for her 70th Birthday we are doing a cruise of the Cal. coast! We are all multi cruise veterans, but I'm really excited about this one. In the 20+ years I've been visiting her in LA, I've never been to San Francisco or San Diego.
In April I'm planning a few WDW days with a girlfriend for F&G.
Then in Oct a big family and friends trip for F&W.
I hope to also get a solo WDW trip in this year as it's our first and most likely only year as AP holders.

We've got 2 planned.

WDW in March for spring break.
London/Paris for the last 10 days in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter