2013 Med flights

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tajz90, Nov 3, 2012.

1. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

I've been shopping for air and I'm having a hard time finding flights after noon from Barcelona. What is everyone else doing? .

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. abdgeek

abdgeek DIS Veteran

From what I remember from the 2011 DCL Med Cruise, most flights from Barcelona leave early in the morning. I stayed an extra day because of that and I'm doing the same thing for the 2013 cruise. My flight out is at 11:40am the day after we get back.

There will be people who have flights prior to 12:30pm. DCL has you let them know a couple of days before the ship gets back and you are the first people off the ship once it is cleared. You have to carry off you own luggage. There were several people at my table in 2011 that had 10:30am flights who did this.

You should plan on using the entire 3 hours to go through customs, etc. If you buy anything with a credit card that qualifies for the VAT(I believe items over 150 euros--I bought some jewelry that qualified), you will need to stand in line, get your paperwork stamped and the go to another location to get your money. This all needs to be done before you board your plane at the airport. There are VAT stores in Italy, but our ABD guide told us it was best to do VAT at the airport. They say you can mail in your VAT, but I wouldn't count on getting your money back. If you pay for a large purchase in euros, they give you the VAT on the spot.

4. eeyorefanuk

eeyorefanuk DIS Veteran

Our easy jet flight is about two in afternoon

5. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

I didn't even think about easy jet. Thanks. Will check it out.

We don't really want to stay an extra day. The last time we flew from Barcelona, there were a lot more flights leaving after noon.

6. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

Are you going back home to the US or somewhere in Europe? We are flying on to Copenhagen for another cruise and I had no problem finding flights after noon. We're flying Lufthansa connecting in Frankfurt.

7. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

Sadly, this time, we are headed straight home. :(

Checked Easy Jet and air isn't open for July yet.

We have always followed DCL "rules" for booking after noon, but I found a flight that I like at 11:55. I know people leave early, but do you think that's a doable time?

8. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

I would not hesitate to book a flight at 11:55 if DCL recommends noon or later. It's close enough!

I will stay in Barcelona 3 nights post cruise. My American Airlines flight from BCN to JFK is at 10:00 a.m.

9. Deaconfan

Deaconfan Earning My Ears

We're staying over one night. Debated it and felt like the cost of the room was worth not having to stress about what could cause us to miss a return flight.

10. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

I wouldn't hesitate to book the 11:55 flight. In my head, that's basically noon.;) I wouldn't be surprised if those using air booked through DCL are booked on flights even earlier than that. In 2011, our return flight from BCN was 10:50, I was a bit concerned so I booked private transportation and we carried our luggage off. We were off the ship, at the airport checked in and through security by 9:00 am. We even had time for some last minute shopping in the airport.

11. eeyorefanuk

eeyorefanuk DIS Veteran

Strange I can book up to 3 sept at least from bristol

12. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

Just checked again. HOU to BCN, flip thru the calendar and it ends June 19, 2013.... But its Jet Blue! ;) not easy jet.

13. DisneyOHFan

DisneyOHFan Livin' for Disney

Our flight back to the US is at 11:40 and after a ton of stressing and research, I think we will be OK (fingers crossed)

14. lisah0711

lisah0711 <font color=red>♥ <font color=royalblue>her Disney

We found a flight that leaves at 1:15 pm DCL was adamant that the ship will not clear customs until 9 am. Good luck!

15. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Our flights from BCN last year were just after 10am. We got DCL transportation and got to the airport with loads of time to spare.
    We flew with Easyjet back to London. Flights all booked for our 2014 Med now too!

16. kventventx

kventventx Mouseketeer

We are flying from BCN to LHR and then catching a flight out of London to return to the States. There were more options than trying to fly out of Barcelona.

17. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

Thanks. I will look into ;)