1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2013 honeymoon itinerary thoughts and suggestions???????

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by disnmooner2013, Jan 3, 2013.

1. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

I agree that Sanaa is wonderful and I think it's a fabulous choice! I guess you could see how you are for time and decide what to do about lunch on that day. I am a bit Bah-humbug about RFC as I don't enjoy the food at all, but the atmosphere is pretty cool.

Your reasoning makes perfect sense, but I still would pick one or the other, Boardwalk or DTD, for your arrival night. Will you have your own car? I have honestly found bus transportation to DTD to be pretty awful many times; sometimes between waiting for the bus and travel time it can take more than an hour just to get there from any resort. Remember that traveling between places takes time. If the shops at DTD close at 11, I honestly don't see how you could go from dinner at AKL (you might finish at 6:30? 7?) to Boardwalk...spend time at boardwalk...travel to DTD using Disney transportation...and still have time to enjoy DTD? But hey, if you're up for it, go for it! Another idea is skip Boatwrights after your carriage ride go straight to DTD and that will give you more time there. You can get a nice QS meal there at WPE which is AWESOME and dessert at Ghirardelli!

IDK, again, this is only my opinion, I have a discussion about DTD with my family every time we go to WDW. I would be happy just to skip the whole scene, to me it's just not that exciting or worth the time, except for Ghirardelli's, now that Adventurer's Club is gone. Taking two trips to DTD in one vacation would cause me to break out in hives, I'm sure of it. I love the idea of characters in flight though. Now if DH wants to get me there next trip...perhaps I can be bribed ;).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick reply

4. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

We dined at both LC and YSH last summer and for us, the far better overall experience was YSH. Now to be fair, we went to LC for lunch, which at the time was not a "signature" experience. I understand that the dinner menu is more upscale and the food is better to match the higher prices. I can say that I had an excellent filet there for lunch...but it didn't come close to YSH. We also really like the atmosphere much MUCH more at YSH, where you are not sitting on top of your neighbor and it doesn't feel like a cellar.

Getting to YSH is very easy from Epcot! Walk out the back entrance "International Gateway" between France and UK and follow the path and signs to BC/YC...it is about a 5-7 minute walk. Go into the lobby and ask where to find the restaurant. If your feet are tired, you can also catch a boat from International Gateway, but that probably takes longer.

Do you have plans to watch IllumiNations? Try to catch it at least one of the nights. You won't be able to see it on your Jellyrolls night if you want to be there by 8, which was why I was thinking it would be easier to swap Cape May for Yachtsman, if you get my drift. You would need to see IllumiNations on the night you stay in the park, which is your LC night.

5. disnmooner2013

Yes, we are going to watch Illuminations Thursday Night at Epcot was thinking about watching it near the France Pavilion. Get drinks and cheese and watch Illuminations. Is that a good spot to watch it? If not where do you recommend watching Illuminations?

6. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

I don't remember ever watching from France. Our favorite spot has become Canada, which would work if you are short on time when you finish dinner. But if you want cheese and a drink, France would be the place to go. Just make sure you can see the sky without trees blocking your view, and make sure you can see the center of the lagoon (where the earth ends) up without any obstructions.

7. disnmooner2013

One more question about Le Cellier. I made our dinner reservations for 4:45 PM figuring there would not be many people eating dinner at that time so maybe would net be so crowded and not have people at table next to us. Your thoughts? iloveeeyore thanks for taking the time to respond and giving great suggestions.

8. disnmooner2013

What do you prefer Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, or Yahctsmans?

9. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Just wanted to wish you well on your upcoming marriage! Your Disneymoon sounds perfect and you have picked some fabulous restaurants - Sanaa gets my vote and I have heard great things about San Angel Inn :) We had our Disneymoon in May 2011 and came back with the most wonderful pixie dust - our DS who was born 9 months later :goodvibes

10. disnmooner2013

WillsMom we are hoping to have a baby around nine months to a year after being on the honeymoon. What special and romantic things and restaurants did you do and go to on your honeymoon?

11. Zooey1972

Zooey1972 Earning My Ears

Guessing money is not a huge obstacle for you if you are going to be eating at the Chef's table. That being said there are a lot of nice boats you can take out to watch illuminations. Don't know the specifics because I am sure it is out of my price range.

12. disnmooner2013

This trip is more of a gift to us so that is why we are LUCKY enough to do all this. However, the fireworks cruises is too much more cost on top of everything else.

13. partigus

partigus Mouseketeer

I agree, BOG over the Luau. Tell her you can do that on an anniversary trip! I'd head back to the WL and catch the fireworks and boat parade from there, then experience it again, from a different angle the night you are at the GF. Since you are staying club level- leverage them to get you the best resies! I noticed a few days where you had a big lunch and dinner not "that" far apart- they might be able to help you spread things out a bit.

All in all though- I think you did a great job- I didn't even know there WAS a ballon ride (but I'd skip, cause even though I trained to be a pilot at one time, I now have ridiculous vertigo...came with the kids- so good idea doing this now!)

14. partigus

partigus Mouseketeer

you could pull a switch and go for one of the french restaurants, telling them its your honeymoon would likely get you a nice seat by a window.other than that...one of the guidebooks I have actually has a map that shows good views and obstructed views around the world showcase. If I can find it, I'll post the name of it so you can look it up (if allowed, if not I'll send you a private note)

15. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Oh best of luck! We're going back in May for DS's first visit and we're hopeful we'll come back with another baby on the way :)
    On our Disneymoon we ate in a couple of nice spots but my favourite was Cali Grill. We ate in the Rose and Crown, Chefs de France, Flametree BBQ, Raglan Road at DTD. Those places stood out. We ate at Planet Hollywood just to see what it was like but we both disliked it. We ate offsite a lot but to be honest I can't remember where and as we hired a car we did a couple of day trips to the beach, visited Celebration etc. We did a cruise and Vegas as part of our honeymoon too so its all kind of meshed together in my head!

16. disnmooner2013

Thanks Wills Mom I am jealous you got to also do a cruise and Las Vegas as part of your honeymoon too. I love cruises and have never been to Vegas.

17. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Vegas is amazing, loved it! We did Vegas as DH really wanted to go and we did the cruise as I really wanted to just relax. Disney was where we met in the middle cause thats where we got engaged :) Whatever you guys end up doing you will have a fabulous time, just being on honeymoon and being on a high after the wedding is romantic even if all you do is visit the parks and eat in a few nice places - of course the little extras you've added in will make it extra special ;)

18. disnmooner2013

Thanks since we only get one honeymoon; I want it to be perfect.

19. partigus

partigus Mouseketeer

we got married in vegas, and by default, that was were the hm was....you are SO much better off...given the stress of the wedding, being in the same location- no real break...but even if we hadn't been married there...were are not big gamblers. we enjoyed some shows etc... but Disney as newlyweds is much better!

20. disnmooner2013

New question below in new post

21. disnmooner2013