Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.
Yes fall covers early December or it has in the past.
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
Ok I currently have reservations for campground starting 9/7 and have a dining package added along with the ride passes (sorry I don't know the "official" lingo. If they offer free dining it would be much less expensive if I change to a moderate resort that includes the free dining. I have stayed at CBR before is that the best moderate or is there another that would be better for an active family of 4 with 8 & 9 year old girls? Also can we change our reservations or do we have to cancel and start over?
Yep, I am with you on that one. I will be one anxious mommy. Come on Free Dinning!!!
On a side note, when I first attempted to access this site from work I got a blocked message I thought I was screwed. I work in a highly restricted industry & they block websites often.
Free dining is not available at the campsites. If you're in the cabins you can get it, but not at a campsite. So you'd have to change to another resort.
Whether you'd have to cancel or not depends on the type of reservation you have. If you already have a dining plan your reservation is already a package, and they should be able to just change the resort for you.
For information on picking a moderate resort, look at the Resorts board - they have information there about all the resorts. If you've got extra money to spend, for example, young girls might love a Royal room at POR. Whether that type of room would be available with free dining has yet to be seen because they haven't offered free dining yet.
Well we are a week out from April 25 and it's looking more and more like the May 16 date could be more accurate. Of course back in 2010 we only had about three days notice so it's still possible. Disney seems to he holding off longer this year for their releases. We will see how it goes next week. All is good either way, I'm just sure though that some folks would rather have the weight off their chest sooner or later.
No. The late summer/early fall dates that will most likely be released at the end of the month, should include late August through late September. The fall/early winter free dining dates will cover historically low crowd weeks in October - December. The October - December free dining dates are usually released in July, sometimes early August.
The late summer/early fall free dining dates, that are suspected to be released at the end of the month, will not include December dates. The October - December fall/early winter discounts are typically released in July, sometimes early August.
Please elaborate? I have four rooms booked and they are "linked"... Will I only be able to book free dining for three of them at a time?
No, you do not have to cancel anything. When the discounts are released, you simply call Disney reservations and tell them you want to change resorts and add the discount code to your existing reservation. Some resorts and room categories will have limited space and can book up fast, so always have a back up resort and/or room category.
Port Orleans is our favorite moderate resort.
Usually you are only limited to booking 3 rooms if you are booking under a name-specific pin code discount. You can book any number of rooms under a general public and I thought under a Disney Visa code also. That could have been the case in 07, but I don't think it's the case now. I can't remember anyone during recent FD offers saying they were limited on the number of rooms they could book under the Disney Visa FD code.
Thanks, darlin'! :thumbsup:
I'm not ready to give up on the April 25 release date yet! . But if we don't get some good confirmation by next Tuesday or so, it may be the May 16 date before we see the FD dates.
I'm so ready for some good news!
I think I am just going to have to log out of the DISapp on my phone...the notifications have been so busy today that I keep thinking 'here it comes!!' Hehehe .... We sure are keeping those pins and needles busy!
I am not going until November, but I still get crazy excited about every discount, because it brings me one discount closer to my discount!
Oh I'm not giving up either. However of they do wait until later, it will throw off years of historic patterns. Lol
We are booked for September 22nd through the 29th and I've made our ADR's, but I'm still holding on to hope of FD, but any discount would be better than nothing. We are still going regardless because we aren't traveling over the summer as we love Disney in September, but our dates are flexible if we have to move them a few days in order to get a discount. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.
Thank you!! I really appreciate the information!! I want to make sure I have everything planned so if offered I can move quick. It is all just such a stressful waiting game!! I am an OCD over planner and to not be able to time this or be sure of anything just makes me crazy. Also given my ocd I have never changed my plans before so entire process is new. You guys have all been so to help me learn the ropes!!
I know what you mean! I have POFQ booked for now but depending on the DDP they give to Mods will depend on whether I down grade to AOA or not. I just want to know where Im really gonna stay and what my budget will be!!! This is driving me insane! lol
Does anyone know when "late summer" dates usually begin?
Separate names with a comma.