2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. trixiemuffin

trixiemuffin Mouseketeer

Some hopeful news on a Disney Discount thread this morning:

Don't know when, but we are here now and a CM told us yesterday that FD for fall has been confirmed and is coming. He didn't know the details, but it's hope for all of you waiting.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mouserrificmom

mouserrificmom Mouseketeer

Yay!!! Faith, trust, and pixie dust!! Waiting as patiently as I can for a little touch of magic to come our way :)

4. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Wow that really, really made my day! I pray that CM really had inside info and wasn't just speculating!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

5. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Before people start getting too excited, the CM likely meant late summer, not fall. Big difference when it comes to Disney deals.

6. mouserrificmom

mouserrificmom Mouseketeer

This is true......but since we are traveling in the last week if September, I am hoping we squeak into a late summer promotion .... Whatever it may be!!! :)

7. Fivemuggles

Fivemuggles Mouseketeer

Same here! Fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

8. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Yay! We're coming down for Halloween and FD would be a huge help.

9. KPaul

KPaul Mouseketeer

Do Disney Visa holders get first dibs on Free Dining?

10. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Well Weill be there sept 8-15 in the past that fell under late summer deals.. Hopefully it will cover my dates..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

11. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Yes, normally 3 or 4 days before the general public.

12. trixiemuffin

trixiemuffin Mouseketeer

Yes, usually Disney Visa cardholders get first dibs on a Thursday. The deal is released for the general public several days later, usually a Tuesday.

13. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

The October - December free dining dates are not typically released until July, sometimes early August. The next round of free dining discounts will be for late summer/early fall and will only encompass dates in late August through late September.

14. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Typically, general public free dining codes will be released 3 days, occasionally 4 days, after the Disney Visa free dining offer.

15. trixiemuffin

trixiemuffin Mouseketeer

Correction: looks like for the past few years the general public offer came out on a Monday, not a Tuesday.

16. DisneyMom5

DisneyMom5 DIS Veteran

One of the years, either '07 or '09, It came out on Monday for Dvisa, and Thurs. for GP. I can remember getting up early the day after Easter to call, and having to call three days later for my 4th room.

17. mcurran

mcurran Off to neverland!

What's the best strategery for this - am I better off reserving my room now before any deal is announced and then go back and call and have them adjust the reservation or am I better off waiting and booking at once under any potential new promo - or does it simply not matter either way except for an extra call one way vs. the other.

18. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Ok...ill keep watching for it. Thank you! :)

19. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

You would have to already be booked under a Magic Your Way package to call and add the free dining discount to your existing reservation, when the codes are released. If you are booked under a room only reservation, you would have to completely cancel that reservation and rebook under the package - and they won't transfer the money from the room only to the package, so it doesn't really help to do that.

If you know your dates and know you are going to Disney, discount or not, then go ahead and book your package. If you are only going if a discount is released, I would wait. I would recommend making your Advance Dining Reservation either way - you can always cancel them if a discount is not released.

20. DisneyCrazyMomma

DisneyCrazyMomma DIS Veteran

Does "fall" typically cover early December?

21. wendyinoc

wendyinoc Mouseketeer

I want to go in Sept so I hope they decide soon!! The wait is killing me! :rotfl2: