1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. zy144622

zy144622 Mouseketeer

Even if its not free dining the deal for Jan/Feb off season Stay/Play/Dine was great. We are a family of 4 but 3 in Disney eyes as youngest it under 2. S/P/D was only $60 more than free dining when I did the math.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jacksgirl

jacksgirl Mouseketeer

Waiting (not-so) patiently!

4. 49rt67

49rt67 Mouseketeer

Going in October! We would be thrilled with Free Dining too!:thumbsup2

5. WDW Beets ALL

WDW Beets ALL Earning My Ears

Waiting...Waiting...Waiting!

SOOOOOO NEED FREE DINING - Our total for our trip at a moderate resort for our family is sitting at $12,100.00 We are a party of 8. (10 nights, 2 rooms) Free dinning is a must for us. They will still get $8000.00 from us....plus all our spending money. Everything on this body that can be crossed is! hahaha. COME ON FREE DINING!!!! :cool1:

6. micknpluto

micknpluto DIS Veteran

My cut off date (45 day mark) is mid July. Hoping they announce before then. Sigh.

7. sharkyandbones

sharkyandbones Earning My Ears

It was ok depending on size of family. For our family of 6, it was not good enough. The only other deal I've seen in the past that could compare with FD for us was the Kids Stay & Play Free deal...it was a big savings for us.

8. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

My cut off is mid June so I don't loose the money I e already put in it!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

9. sharkyandbones

sharkyandbones Earning My Ears

I'm still hoping that they'll offer FD later this month or next month but wouldn't be shocked if they don't. The only thing that concerns me regarding FD at this point is if you look at the touringplans crowd levels from Jan/Feb 2012 and compare them to Jan/Feb 2013, in particular the time between MLK and Presidents' Day, they appear to be up this year. We visited at the end of Jan 2012, one of the slower weeks of the year...but according to TP, there really wasn't any slow time this winter.

It's likely that this is due to the FantasyLand expansion...or the winter FD offer...or a combination of both. So that could very well lead them to withhold fall FD to see what effect it has on this Aug/Sept season, which is another slow time.

Now FL won't keep the crowd levels high forever...so if FD does disappear for a bit, I would not be surprised to see it come back at some point. Just sayin' that those of us that depend on this type of discount may have to weather the storm for a bit...

10. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

I'm a TA & called in once to add a pass holders discount to a room ressie & CM had to put me in hold she didn't even know about it! Lol

So I agree unfortunately we probably won't know until the Disney visa discount comes out then we know that GP will follow soon after..

Praying we know before June tho this waiting is sickening! Lol

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

11. Disneyfreak095

Disneyfreak095 Earning My Ears

Ughhh!! I can't wait any longer! My dad said we will only go if they offer FD! So I need this :) I'm getting desperate. So supposedly, danny25 will let us know 20 days before it is released??? Or is that 20 days before it's released for Disney Visa card holders? I'm just dying for any scrap of info I can get!!!!

12. brizzer79

brizzer79 Earning My Ears

Love the name:) I might steal it from you sometime! I have to admit I have become somewhat glued to the Disboard thing! What a great creation. I have a hard time finding my way around though. I keep having to google search to get back to where I want to go. Hopefully I will get the hang of it! Any good boards you suggest to get some Disney World tips!?

13. brizzer79

Stupid Question:) What is a CM?

14. WDW-A-RAMA

WDW-A-RAMA Mouseketeer

CM = Cast Member

15. mouserrificmom

mouserrificmom Mouseketeer

Welcome!! CM = cast member

You can subscribe To a board so you can watch it to see when new info posts.

Welcome and have fun researching!!!!!

16. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

As soon as Disney leaks it is when you'll know. Normally this is a couple weeks but things can vary. I remember back in 2010 when I nailed the date, it was only a few days before it went live.

17. brizzer79

We stayed in the Fort Wilderness Campsites in 2011 and enjoyed Free Dining but posts on the campsite forum say that it was never included at the FW. Clearly I know it had been because I took advantage of it but I don't know if they have included it since. Anyone out there know? If so did it/does it make a difference that we always book the expensive premium RV sites?

18. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Campsites are excluded in this summer offer so I imagine they stopped including them with FD. Type of campsite doesn't matter.

19. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

I've never heard of the campsites having free dining except for possibly the very first free dining promo years ago. Did you have a PIN? Are you sure it was the actual campsite and not the cabins?

20. brizzer79

Yep I'm sure we took our camper. I don't see a PIN number on my receipt. Any idea where I should look? I did have it though I promise it was a fantastic deal. We went for 7 days and had the deluxe dining plan complimentary with our tickets and reservations.

21. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Are you sure someone didn't buy the plan and not tell you?:rotfl: I'm pretty sure there has never been a deluxe dining plan for free. Even at deluxe resorts. :confused: