2013 Free Dining Watch

Here are the Historic Patterns for fall free dining offers.

2006 - Booking started April 1
2007 - Booking started April 9
2008 - Booking started April 7
2009 - Booking started March 30
2010 - Booking Started April 29
2011 - Booking Started April 28
2012 - Booking Started March 1

As I mentioned above, booking for 2011 started in 2010. It was given a 2nd chance in April.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

And in 2005, I think it was June.
The 2010, 2011 dates were really late, weren't they? I'm betting that's what we are looking at this year.

I think so too. Since they just released summer discounts I'm betting end of summer/fall ones won't be until sometime in May.

Hopefully we hear something soon. At least by July. I can't change my reservation after mid July. For sept trip

I'm new to the dis, is there a way to get alerted to free dining or do I just keep coming back and checking this thread?

I'm new to the dis, is there a way to get alerted to free dining or do I just keep coming back and checking this thread?

There really isn't anyway to be alerted (as far as I know). If it is offered it is offered to Disney Visa card holders first and then a couple days later it will be released to the general public. You could sing up for emails on the Disney website and check there periodically.

There really isn't anyway to be alerted (as far as I know). If it is offered it is offered to Disney Visa card holders first and then a couple days later it will be released to the general public. You could sing up for emails on the Disney website and check there periodically.

Actually, the deals are usually posted here on the Dis long before they ever go live. It will be posted here in this thread and new threads will be started as well.

Mindalee27, keep checking the Discount Codes and Rates forum here on Disboards. That is where the bulk of the deal info will be posted. Also, there are sticky threads at the top of each forum with excellent info covering FAQs related to the forum topics.

:welcome:

If you are on Facebook and follow any Disney pages ( the Dis, Mousesavers, any travel agents, etc...) you'll see it there pretty quickly after the deal is announced. It'll be all over these boards too.

Keep hope alive!!!

I'm starting to lose hope. I wish they would stop ****in' around. At least give us a discount so I can save some $$ on my trip. Wouldn't be fair to wait till just a few months out from sept. here's another hint why I think FD has gone to the wayside. They changed advance dining reservations to 180 days out. Few years ago? And a few years ago they offered FD right around 180 days out from the fall. So people can make reservations.

I'm starting to lose hope. I wish they would stop ****in' around. At least give us a discount so I can save some $$ on my trip. Wouldn't be fair to wait till just a few months out from sept. here's another hint why I think FD has gone to the wayside. They changed advance dining reservations to 180 days out. Few years ago? And a few years ago they offered FD right around 180 days out from the fall. So people can make reservations.

Don't lose hope! Discounts have no correlation to the 180 day window. For instance, for my Oct. trip last year had an ADR date of April 29. The deals for October don't come out until July. The summer offer just came out. Late summer will be next. There is absolutely no reason for them not to offer some type of discount for their slowest season of the year. Last year's late summer offer was released unusually early. There is no reason to panic, and certainly no reason for using foul language. They do not owe anyone a discount. The best thing one can do is book what they can afford or feel comfotable with, and if a discount comes out, just consider it a bonus. :goodvibes

smitch425 said:
Don't lose hope! Discounts have no correlation to the 180 day window. For instance, for my Oct. trip last year had an ADR date of April 29. The deals for October don't come out until July. The summer offer just came out. Late summer will be next. There is absolutely no reason for them not to offer some type of discount for their slowest season of the year. Last year's late summer offer was released unusually early. There is no reason to panic, and certainly no reason for using foul language. They do not owe anyone a discount. The best thing one can do is book what they can afford or feel comfotable with, and if a discount comes out, just consider it a bonus. :goodvibes

I totally agree with this! I think a lot of people are getting confused between the late summer/early fall discounts and the late fall discounts. They JUST released the summer discounts. We are still on track for some kind of late summer/early fall discount, and then comes late fall- which is normally released in July.

I didn't use foul language. It's just frustrating when people count on things like free dining to afford a trip to WDW. We shall see what happens over the next few weeks. If nothing. I always have a choice of vacationing someplace else. We all have that choice.

I totally agree with this! I think a lot of people are getting confused between the late summer/early fall discounts and the late fall discounts. They JUST released the summer discounts. We are still on track for some kind of late summer/early fall discount, and then comes late fall- which is normally released in July.

Hope it's soon. I just edited this post. I miss read it.

I am among those hoping and wishing for the free dining that we've grown to expect this time of year, and truly think we will see some sort of discount stretching into September very soon. Free dining would be the best discount for our family, but I will appreciate ANY thing that shaves anything off of our already priced and budgeted vacation.

As far as timing, I would think it would be BETTER for Disney to announce free dining well after the 180 day marks have passed - remember, for the powers that be making those decisions, it is a financial one. The 'loss' realized by offering free dining will be LESS significant when the 'prime' restaurants are already booked and 'free' diners are then left to use their credits on less expensive options. Just my two cents :)

Keep on wishing on that 2nd star to the right! I am sure Mickey has something Fantasmic up his sleeve for all of us! :)

I didn't use foul language. It's just frustrating when people count on things like free dining to afford a trip to WDW. We shall see what happens over the next few weeks. If nothing. I always have a choice of vacationing someplace else. We all have that choice.

Well, you used a word that was "*"ed out, so I assumed it was a foul word. If I was incorrect in my assumption, then I apologize. No one should ever count on a discount being offered. That can lead to major disappointment. Everyone should have a backup plan.

Well, you used a word that was "*"ed out, so I assumed it was a foul word. If I was incorrect in my assumption, then I apologize. No one should ever count on a discount being offered. That can lead to major disappointment. Everyone should have a backup plan.

I blocked it myself. Wasn't sure if it would offend anyone.

I understand we shouldn't count on anything. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the way I do. Sorry for complaining

I understand we shouldn't count on anything. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the way I do. Sorry for complaining

No need to be sorry. Just hang in there a little while longer. You know what they say... good things come to those who wait. :goodvibes

Good luck to everyone waiting! Hoping for October free dining myself. It's gonna be a lllooonnnggg summer for me. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter