1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

I've heard everything from August 18 to August 24. At this point it will be interesting to see what they decide.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JVig

JVig Mouseketeer

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.....
    Either way, I'm sooooo excited!!! :)

4. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Oh yea. You're in for a great time!!!

5. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

You should NEVER be cancelled and rebooked for changing dates and/or adding a code to an existing package reservation - EVER. If a CM tells you they can't do that, politely ask for a supervisor who knows what they are doing. We make our reservations 6 to 9 months in advance and I have never had a CM try to cancel or rebook our reservation by changing dates or adding a discount code. That's ridiculous, don't put up with that hassle.

6. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

I've been doing this for years and years and I've seen CMs do all sorts of crazy things. I never had an issue the time or two they rebooked because they booked a new one first and then cancelled the old. No they shouldn't do it but its amazing how some have no clue. It once took me an hour to change one persons spelling of their name. I mean really how hard can it be?

Still the best is when I call on the first day of free dining availability and get told there's no such thing. That seems to happen every year. We seriously know about it before some of the call center folks, it's amazing.

7. supe3

supe3 Earning My Ears

Today I talked to a disney reservation rep about free dining, and i asked about when they will release the next set of discounts, (he did not say it would be free dining) but he did say that they are under the impression that they will be release within the next week. He also said that they have no idea what they will be but that they expect them to come out next week some time. soooooo take that for whatever it is

8. mickey2000

mickey2000 Pin trader

I also believe in the tooth fairy and what CM's think they know ! :rotfl2:

9. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

And April 2 is next week....but that's for Summer discounts so nothing new there.

10. micknpluto

micknpluto DIS Veteran

well thank you for posting:goodvibes

I appreciate it. :)

11. lnh'smom

lnh'smom DIS Veteran

Me too!

12. WDW-A-RAMA

WDW-A-RAMA Mouseketeer

I do too!

13. jacksgirl

jacksgirl Mouseketeer

I spoke with a reservations CM too a couple of days ago. I was checking to see if there was a PIN attached to my name. There wasn't, but he said that there would be new PINs beginning to come out the second week in April. Again, don't know how reliable that is, but that's what he said.

14. courtneyb

courtneyb Earning My Ears

I appreciate it too! Thanks! I'm not so stressed over FD that I think dismissing someone's post is a cool thing to do. :) Keep any info you hear coming!

15. KandyM

KandyM Mouseketeer

If I am remembering correctly, there were a bunch of FD pins given out the same week as the Stay Play Dine deal was launched. I think I recall people booking Stay Play Dine and then re-booking with FD because they got a pin that week.

So it wouldn't be completely unheard of to see a new batch of pins next week when the summer discount is released.

16. disneyjenna

disneyjenna Earning My Ears

Bad news, I just looked into Coronado Springs and there is not a single open room for the dates I'm going at the end of August. How is the entire resort booked during the value season. Hope that doesn't stop Disney from offering free dining =/

17. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

There's a big mustang convention going on there.

18. Thorb73

Thorb73 Tinker, Pooh and their kids

This is nothing to worry! There are no rooms available at CSR at the end of August since the booking for 2013 opened! There seems to be some convention or whatever event that blocks the whole resort! Has nothing to do with normal bookings or so...

19. trixiemuffin

trixiemuffin Mouseketeer

I checked, and the Mustang convention at CS is only Aug. 30-Sep. 1, so there must be something else going on earlier in August.

20. Mary7116

Mary7116 Mouseketeer

How do you get a FD pin? Is it only given to those with a reservation? I'm waiting to see if FD is announced before I book a reservation. Thanks

21. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Pins are sent out at random to people in the Disney system. No real rhyme or reason has been discovered. People with and without reservations have received them.