2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Whether it saves you money will really depend on how you plan on eating. The best way is to head over to allears.net, check out the menus, and do a rough estimate of what it will cost you to pay OOP (at the places you plan on going) versus what it would cost you to get the DDP.

Here is a link with historical dates/offers for the past couple of years. http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

I didn't see FD for the general public this year, but there was a room discount. Looks like in 2011 the last few days of May had a FD offer. It doesn't look like FD was out in 2010 for May either. Other discounts were available in May for all years.

This year is kind of iffy on FD in general.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney_Family_Fun

Disney_Family_Fun Earning My Ears

Joining...hoping for the end of May. Got it in 2011 for 14 days!

4. zy144622

zy144622 Mouseketeer

Called to check or a pin and surprise we have one but its for room only. Considering we are already booked with a visa deal won't work this time around...

5. Seeker615

Seeker615 Harry Potter Fanatic!

Looking for September 2013!

Hope it happens...

6. daisy_77

daisy_77 <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

Us too!!

7. amber_cntrygrl

amber_cntrygrl Mouseketeer

Us three! :)

8. ilanakan

ilanakan Mouseketeer

Us four & five :-)

9. Thorb73

Thorb73 Tinker, Pooh and their kids

And us six :-)

10. gia2012

gia2012 Earning My Ears

11. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

LOL I am hoping for November. The odd ball out. :goodvibes

12. Kristian

Kristian Mouseketeer

I'd really love to join this post. We went this past September and got FD and were hoping for FD around November for 2013, although our dates are flexible, so anytime in the fall really would be fine. This past trip was our dd's first and she loved it. We are planning a surprise birthday trip and since her birthday is on November 5th, we'd like to head down there for the occasion. I'm keeping my fingers X :cool1:

13. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

Seeing the discounts thus far for 2013 makes me think that the only chance for free dining is going to be the original time period of late August through late September, but who knows. Still hoping for November, but hope is dwindling.

14. CalSea12

CalSea12 Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

What a wonderful miracle if Disney comes out with FD for May in the beginning of 2013! Here's to hoping lol

15. dakotix

dakotix Mouseketeer

For 2013 there is NO free dining per se. They are packging the discount differently. For us we took advantge of stay/play/dine for 7 nights at CSR. With that we saved $600 which means our dining plan ended up costing around $150 which is far less than OOP. Its too bad they do it in this way now but I imagine Disney's bottom line makes it worth it.

16. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

What are you talking about?

FD is being offered via pin codes and bounceback offers for 2013. We have no way of knowing whether Disney will offer it to the GP during the year of 2013, but I've certainly been under the assumption that S/P/D will be the new GP dining discount. Stating there is NO free dining for the year is a) incorrect and b) not something we will know until the year is up.

I was answering a question in regards to FD, but even stated that it is questionable as to whether it will be released for the upcoming year.

17. skellinton

skellinton Mouseketeer

Hoping for FD in September as well, it seems last time (2011) I went we got free dining in March for our September trip, hoping it will be announced earlier this time!

18. Canooknic

Canooknic Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure I know the answer is no, but I'll check with you wonderful knowledgeable souls anyway!!
    We booked POR 6-14 Feb and park tickets on Dec 10th. I guess there's no way of getting free dining??

We don't have a credit card and we live in Canada if that makes any difference (I'm sure it doesn't!!)

19. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Sorry, but there is no current free dining offer for the general public. I've heard only of those on bounceback, PIN codes and the offer for residents of Great Britain.

I would think that for February you are out of luck unless you receive a PIN code.

20. Canooknic

Canooknic Mouseketeer

Thanks for your quick response!! It's typical that GB residents can get it, I lived there until 18 months ago!!! :rolleyes2

21. faindrops27

faindrops27 I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My