2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Drewski

Drewski Earning My Ears

3/7 to 3/12. I'm honestly considering coming up with a new plan for spring break and saving DW for another time (the kids don't know we're going yet). My boys are CRAZY about Splash Mountain, and my daughter will be tall enough to ride it this time...they will be soooo bummed if it's closed. I'm still in disbelief they would have this closed during a spring break week. Come on Disney...throw a few more dollars at the project and get it done sooner!

Sorry...rant over.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BuzznBelle'smom

BuzznBelle'smom <font color=red>There are tomato-ey paw prints all

Oh No! This is DS6's favorite ride. He's a hoot--every time there's a drop, he goes, "Ahhh-refreshing!" We'll be down in Jan., so I have no hope of a schedule change. Oh, well, the little guy will have to settle for Kali River Rapids and Big Thunder.

As to yoru dilemma, it's possible but not likely that the refurb will be done earlier. It's kind of odd that they'd have a big mountain "down" during Feb. break, so I'm assuming some extensive work. However, it doesn't hurt to check All Ears periodically and hope for the best...

4. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

That's hilarious :lmao:

5. Drewski

Drewski Earning My Ears

I made the call and the new CM I spoke with was able to re-book us with the free dining PIN code...saved an extra $430 over the Play Stay Dine cost! :yay: Now if we could just get Splash Mountain to re-open early...pixiedust:

Thanks again for your suggestion! Hope you guys have a great trip! :)

(I'm having way too much fun with these icons :cool1:)

6. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

Tried for a pin today...we didn't have one.:(

7. redoschi

redoschi Mouseketeer

I wish I could get a pin! We're booked with S/P/D but would love to have true Free Dining as a pin as it would save us some more $400-500!

Does anyone know something I could do to try and receive one in my e-mail? :confused3

8. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

No pin for us either; and for anyone who booked the S/P/D package before they adjusted their prices, be wary of making any changes. I just dropped my number of tickets from 4 days to 1, and they repriced my whole package. Still hoping for that free dining pin...

9. t_daniels

I keep seeing that on here... What exactly is stay play dine?

10. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

There have been different s/p/d offers over the years. The usual deal is that kids stay, play and dine for free, but this current offer is that kids AND adults stay, play and dine at children's prices. So adults pay the kid pricing for their park tickets and their included dining plan (based on the level of resort they choose).

11. t_daniels

That's great!

Sigh. Not so great for us, no kids.

12. cwt580

cwt580 DIS Veteran

remember if your pkg is already discounted you cant apply a second discount. its one or the other. and FD is used to fill resorts so your resort or room type may not be available even if FD comes out. FD dining isnt for everywhere only where they need to fill rooms.

second part.....register at disney website, save vacation offers, if the little question for cm pops up....ask some questions. pins are totally random but they have to have your email or home address to send it to ones who get them. ive never gotten one for the yr if we already have a res booked. ive heard of people getting them though even if they have a booking for that current yr.

13. Kathymford

Actually, the tickets are not at children's prices, I think it's only the dining plan that is. At least that's the way it appeared when I dropped my park tickets from 4 days to 1.

You don't have to have kids to get it. We are 2 adults and got this package.

14. t_daniels

I will look into it!

15. redoschi

redoschi Mouseketeer

Even better, we're a group of 3 adults and 1 teen and got a great discount on our package. We reduced 3 nights (14 to 11) and kept same tickets (8-day MYW with PH and WPF&M) and added QSDP for only $7 more! :cheer2:

Knowing that prices are now changing with any change to a reservation I won't change ours for sure! :scared1: Unless a pin comes along of course!

16. t_daniels

Ohhh it ends in March, looks like.

17. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Awesome!!! Now if I can snag me one of those pins wr will be all set!! Lmao

18. Kathymford

Yes, don't make my mistake!! Luckily, it was "only" a $63 mistake this time. C'mon free dining!! ;)

19. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

When it first launched,all tickets were at kid pricing. There was some sort of glitch with the package that Disney corrected on Oct. 12, but not sure if it was a ticketing issue. For those that booked prior to the 12th, Disney has honored the prices, but lots of people have reported that booking the same package today would cost significantly more.

20. dakotix

dakotix Mouseketeer

Yea I heard this and was bummed too. I did some digging and it turned out that a lot of guests have been left stranded on the ride and more often than not the ride has been closed down. Still sucks though.

21. redoschi

redoschi Mouseketeer

Thanks! I'm registered (my package booking was through the official website then adding S/P/D through the phone) and have some offers saved and some ADRs made.

Well, maybe I'll get a pin in the future, but being from Brazil it is not easy to go to WDW very often, last time was 5 years ago in 2007 and the one before that in 2000! A pin could be something that would make this cycle faster!:hourglass :lmao: