2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. dtr_angel

dtr_angel You're really cute, but I have no idea what you ar

I get it now :) thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

You will pay the difference between the quick service price and the regular plan price. Prices are in a sticky at the top,of the board.

4. seasidespences

seasidespences Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been discussed but I'm seeing emails about free dining for UK residents in 2013...any chance the US will see this offer in light of the other offers that have opened up to DV holders with impending release to the general public?

5. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

We will know on the 10th :thumbsup2

6. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

I definately do not think there will be free dining for Jan-Mar. I think there is a chance for it during the original time frame of late Aug-late Sept. But that won't be released for quite some time.

7. penni520

penni520 Mouseketeer

We in the US will never see the same offers like the UK has. They get good deals because when they come over it is not just for a week they come for like 14 to 20 days.
    That is why they get better deals then us.
    The offer that is coming out Wednesday ---- I am thinking it might be like the one is out today with the visa card holders...I am just thinking I really don't know.

8. liquid17

liquid17 Earning My Ears

I have not compared my savings to what Free Dining would have been, but here are my prices. I reserved the package today with a $400. on my Disney Visa.

11 nights 10 day park hopper tickets 4 adults 2 children (14 and 12) 2 preferred rooms POR Riverside Dining plus (1ts, 1qs, 1 snack) = $7,937.

I priced the exact same trip online but for one room, 2 adults 1 child = $5,434.75. Then I doubled it = $10,869.50.

The savings = $2,936.52.

Even if that is less than FD for the 6 of us for 11 days, it is still a nice discount.

HTH!

9. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

Very nice Liquid, Congrats!

10. LauraLouLovesPooh

LauraLouLovesPooh Mouseketeer

Usually when they offer a free dining deal to us Visa Card Members they open it to the general public after about a week. The rooms they open to DVC members are VERY limited (I learned that the hard way last year) thankfully I am not on the FD watch for September 2013 as we got a bounceback offer this year and are SUPER excited!! Good luck everyone!! :cool1:

11. tstidm1

tstidm1 DIS Veteran

I did the math and it saves me about $120 for a single versus a regular package, but it's only $170 more than just a room at rack rate for three nights. I think I may give this offer a try here when it comes public in days.

12. BuzznBelle'smom

BuzznBelle'smom <font color=red>There are tomato-ey paw prints all

I just got back from my TA. She applied the discount code to my existing reservations,and upgraded us to Park Hoppers, and we still saved ~$500. I can upgrade to deluxe dining, and still be saving money. I have to think abou tthat. What I really wanted to do was upgrade to Club Level, but I guess that will be under renovation at the Poly during our stay. So, our TA has us on "waitlist" for that, in case things change (you never know...)

FTR, the TA said the $$ discount was 35% off room only, but then the other $$ offer was a package, with the 35% off the room portion.

P.S. Since I already had a reservation on my Rewards card, the TA called WDW reservations, and they just pulled up my existing reservation and applied the code--no cancelling and rebooking required.

13. CraigInPA

CraigInPA Since June 1974

Staying in a deluxe resort, the 35% off room rates and the stay/play/dine are almost the exact same amount of money for 4 adults in one room. At 5 adults, you'd save money on s/p/d. At less than 4 adults, the 35% off is the better bargain.

14. inkedupmomma

inkedupmomma If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100

Can anyone inbox me to possibly help me with the numbers on these deals?? Normally I'm a pro, but I think with all the wedding numbers/planning, I've fried my brain!! I can't book either deal until it opens to he real public though. Right now we have 3 adults, 1 child, on DxDP at pofq, 6 days with park hoppers. Any help is greatly appreciated!

FYI- this is a family moon, so any suggestions are welcomed!

15. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Ours was slightly different than yours, but the S/P/D option gave us about $1200 off.

We have 3 adults 2 kids, we're at POR garden view, 8 day hops, DxDP.

When you price it out when you call, ask them to check POR for you if you're willing to switch and see if that would save you even more. POR has been getting higher discounts than POFQ lately - it's worth checking.

I don't know the exact formula, but you'll probably save around $800 or so.

16. inkedupmomma

inkedupmomma If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100

Cool, so about what I would be saving if it were free dining. I'm wondering if we can save and upgrade somehow.... Math hurts right now though lol!

17. vacation_junkie

vacation_junkie Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

I was just looking through my "vacation" file and noticed that this day last year I booked our Jan 2012 vacation with free dining.

The year before I booked the 2nd week of October for January 2011...so I'm guessing no free dining this coming January :sad1:

18. cfriend416

cfriend416 DIS Veteran

Can anyone help me out? I've never used a discount for a trip before, and my TA is unavailable until Wednesday. We're not Visa card holders so we can't try for discounts until then anyway, but I'd like to have some idea of what we could get.

My parents and I are on one reservation (3 adults) and my sister, BIL, and niece are on another (2 adults, 1 infant). We are booked for AoA and would like to try to switch to Pop to get the discounts. We currently do not have dining but would add it (Quick service) if S/P/D is a good deal. Any Visa card holders have any idea of which would be a better deal for us?

Also, our travel dates are 2/23-2/28, that doesn't fall in a blackout week does it?

Thanks so much!

19. laurenb0380

laurenb0380 Earning My Ears

We are booked at POR. 2 standard royal rooms from 1/27-1/31. 5 adults and 1 child. 4 days base tickets and no dining plan. Our bill was $3400. Used the s/p/d offer and added dining and was bumped up to a garden view royal room. The bill is now $3650 and the travel agent said once she gets the invoice there's a chance it could actually be up to a hundred rollers lower. So for $165-265 we getting a better room and the dining package :)

20. dakotix

dakotix Mouseketeer

Anyone book just two adults at a mod? 7Days with park hop ? What kind of savings did you get?

21. Starclassic

Starclassic ‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and be

Not sure if this helps you, but I priced 2 adults, 7 day base plus DDP, at POR preferred room and was quoted $2045.87 (before insurance) with the S/P/D offer.