2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. suetoo

suetoo Mouseketeer

Any word on RO? Thanks!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

RO appears fine as well.

Some additional information for free dining, these resorts appear to be excluded from free dining.

Art of Animation
    All Star Movies
    Port Orleans French Quarter

4. suetoo

suetoo Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update!! I really appreciate your info:)

5. Bagheera23608

Bagheera23608 Bagheera23608

WHY would POFQ be excluded????

6. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

It's one of the most popular, smallest, and the free dining pin codes have been and continue to be in circulation...likely booking up those rooms.

7. Bagheera23608

I feel like that's punishing us....I booked this time of year in anticipation of FD (among other things!) Has POFQ been excluded before? Why not POFQ AND POR?

I hope this is just another incorrect rumor. Really, really, really ticking me off. :furious::furious::furious:

8. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

This may be the reason it could be excluded. POFQ is much smaller than POR. If it is booked up, there is no reason to offer a discount. I've seen so many posts in the last few days by people who say they will cancel if they don't get FD. Some are booking up the rooms with no intention of going without a discount and they are only hurting their chances by doing so. :(

Best of luck to you on Thursday! pixiedust:

9. Bagheera23608

Thanks. Like I said, it's not the only reason we booked, there were plenty of other reasons. I just never expected POFQ to be excluded if it was released. But it could be just another rumor. It just feels like we're being punished.........or really really unlucky.

10. AMateus

AMateus Mouseketeer

Do we know if this is a GP offer or will Thursday be DV only?

11. jas792

jas792 Earning My Ears

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew what dates that free dining plan would be offered for. I would like to be there on Thanksgiving. If I went early enough and stay to thanksgiving is it possible to have the free dining carried over To include Thanksgiving day? Thank you for your help.

12. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Should be GP.

13. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

If you can check in by Nov. 23 (or anytime between Nov. 11-23), you can get FD for up to 14 nights.

14. jas792

jas792 Earning My Ears

Thank you so much. Do you know what the dates are that they are offering free dining?

15. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

16. beavismom

beavismom <font color=green>*~*~*~*A tag full of gecko pixie

FWIW, we received the free dining pin mailer. When I first looked into the moderate resorts, POFQ garden view rooms were available. I wasn't ready to book at that point. When I called back to book a week or so ago, they were no longer available and I had to book a POR royal room. If I had to venture a guess, they won't allot any additional rooms for the promo, just sell out what didn't book with the pin mailings.

17. doberlady

doberlady <font color=royalblue>It just never gets old to me

I am also reading that GF will be excluded from FD also

18. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

I didn't see that in the information conveyed to me. However, with that resort, the room discount will often yield a better deal anyway.

19. Silly3mom

Silly3mom Earning My Ears

Reviewing the doth American offer I didn't notice it excluded any resorts? Did I miss something in translation

20. Silly3mom

Silly3mom Earning My Ears

Ok should have read through my post before posting. Did the South America offer exclude some resorts? I didn't translate it that it did?

21. Mcert01

Mcert01 Mouseketeer

First, I don't believe there is a "South America" offer. Someone mentioned earlier that the rumor started on a South American Disney planning site.

Second, all of this August 1 stuff is just mere speculation. The only folks who know work for Disney, and they are not going to talk. August 1 could turn out to be the date. It is afterall the day after the current promotion ends. However, that would just be guessing as well.

Third, I am very skeptical of anyone on this board having direct knowledge. If there were a leak it would be all over the internet, not just one person on this site. The source being a South American website, I am even more skeptical.

Finally, while it is interesting to discuss, and I am very excited to learn about the FD offer as well, stressing over the date everyone knows is coming doesn't seem to make sense to me. Disney will announce this when they are ready, and everyone interested will have plenty of time to book.

This isn't like folks who are stressing over Calif Grill ressies. Knowing exactly when AD's will open up could mean the difference between getting a ressie or not. Here, the rooms won't fill up in the first hour, so don't sweat it at this point.