2013 Free Dining Watch

I just spoke to a cm who said all the rumors we have heard are false, and that they had already received over 300 calls at 7:15 this morning. He said to ignore the social media sites and only go with what you see on the official wdw sure. Poor guy seemed really frazzled and irritated - don't get me wrong, he was extremely helpful and kind, i could just tell he'd had quite a morning. So, all that to say - there is NO free dining offer.

Yep! That is exactly what I was told also!

Hello,
I am not sure if this has been covered or not but here is a theory I have:
We currently have a reservation for November and we have NOT received the free dining offer (we have the visa reward card too). I'm thinking if we did not already have a reservation we would be more likely to get a free dining offer. Reaction?

Hello,
We currently have a reservation for November and we have NOT received the free dining offer (we have the visa reward card too). I'm thinking if we did not already have a reservation we would be more likely to get a free dining offer. Reaction?

The public offer is rumored to come this Thursday. Today's DV release was mere speculation based on history. It was never confirmed.

As for being booked and not receiving a discount, I have always been booked well before PINs and public offers go out and have only paid full price for my annual vacation one time in the last 7 straight years. Good luck! :goodvibes

has anyone called today (Tuesday) yet???

There is no FD offer today, as I said yesterday, FD promos are not released on Tuesdays. Disney did NOT pull this offer at the last minute. Clearly, the DV FD offer was not supposed to drop until August 1. Disney is a large company with a huge marketing machine and contracts with Chase. These kinds of deals/discounts are in the works for months - commercials being made, mail flyers being printed, etc. Some marketing rep at Disney didn't decide on a whim Sunday night to "pull this deal" or to "mess with social media." The DV FD offer should drop on Thursday - there could be a very outside chance it could go straight to the GP FD offer, as that has happened one time in the past, but only one time in 9 years, but I really think it will be DV FD on Thursday.

Hello,

It makes absolutely no difference. People who are already booked get FD pin codes all the time and people who are not booked and people who go all the time and people who have never been - pin code discounts are very random, not much rhyme or reason. As for public offers or DV offers, being booked has no affect on those discounts either.

There is no FD offer today, as I said yesterday, FD promos are not released on Tuesdays. Disney did NOT pull this offer at the last minute. Clearly, the DV FD offer was not supposed to drop until August 1. Disney is a large company with a huge marketing machine and contracts with Chase. These kinds of deals/discounts are in the works for months - commercials being made, mail flyers being printed, etc. Some marketing rep at Disney didn't decide on a whim Sunday night to "pull this deal" or to "mess with social media." The DV FD offer should drop on Thursday - there could be a very outside chance it could go straight to the GP FD offer, as that has happened one time in the past, but only one time in 9 years, but I really think it will be DV FD on Thursday.

I think it will be going straight to the GP on Thursday. South American sites already have the deal up and their bookings start Aug. 1.

I think it will be going straight to the GP on Thursday. South American sites already have the deal up and their bookings start Aug. 1.

What is the website for the South American Disney site? More specifically, do you know the dates the promo is good for?

Very encouraging news for everyone waiting :thumbsup2

What is the website for the South American Disney site? More specifically, do you know the dates the promo is good for?

It wasn't on the Disney site, just a planning or TA site. It was posted in this thread yesterday. The deal has already hit Brazillian agencies, too. The covered dates are the same as in post 1 of this thread, and the booking period starts on Aug. 1 and ends on Nov. 15.

Which would be one more strike against Chase Disney Visa for me. The ONLY reason we keep that stupid card is to book early offers. They have terrible customer service, their website is ridiculously non-user friendly and they seem to have an extensive problem with notifying their customers of current deals and promos. But, of course, I can get a free character pic at Epcot and the certain makes up for a of that!

Which would be one more strike against Chase Disney Visa for me. The ONLY reason we keep that stupid card is to book early offers. They have terrible customer service, their website is ridiculously non-user friendly and they seem to have an extensive problem with notifying their customers of current deals and promos. But, of course, I can get a free character pic at Epcot and the certain makes up for a of that!

And the card is pretty.

It wasn't on the Disney site, just a planning or TA site. It was posted in this thread yesterday. The deal has already hit Brazillian agencies, too. The covered dates are the same as in post 1 of this thread, and the booking period starts on Aug. 1 and ends on Nov. 15.

Correct, I've seen some of the graphics (had to translate).

Remember, the original leak I posted in the other thread only said August 1st. We all naturally assumed that the Disney Visa would get a jump on things, as I stated "should have a few days notice..." All the leaks I've got all just state the public offering, and we just pepper in the Visa date...which in this case caused quite a panic.

Let's wait til the 1st.

And the card is pretty.

:rotfl2:

I have had stellar customer service from Chase regarding my DPV. They alerted me and blocked a person from spending $600 at an Apple store in CT and sent me new cards at next day shipping for free. They also took off the interest and late charges when I thought I paid a bill but didn't. We were at POP and I couldn't get my just closed rewards t add onto my card. When I called to find out why, they said I didn't make a payment. I totally freaked out because we pay in full every month. They looked at the account and saw that we always paid it and they took my payment right then and gave me my rewards right away clearing the interest off. I have been very happy with them. :goodvibes

:rotfl2:

I have had stellar customer service from Chase regarding my DPV. They alerted me and blocked a person from spending $600 at an Apple store in CT and sent me new cards at next day shipping for free. They also took off the interest and late charges when I thought I paid a bill but didn't. We were at POP and I couldn't get my just closed rewards t add onto my card. When I called to find out why, they said I didn't make a payment. I totally freaked out because we pay in full every month. They looked at the account and saw that we always paid it and they took my payment right then and gave me my rewards right away clearing the interest off. I have been very happy with them. :goodvibes

So it was your fault?

I went to buy a monitor at the Apple store in Columbus and it took me forever. I had to talk to two agents and a supervisor...even though I successfully answered all their questions, they were still hesitant about my making a purchase there.

and no Smitch, I wasn't using your card :confused3

Word in from high above...

Free Dining is on for Thursday...the original leaked date of August 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter