2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. KNovacovschi

KNovacovschi DIS Veteran

Just wondering what people are saying to Guest Relations & marketing to get FD even though they don't have a pin. I'm happy that they have but just don't understand by just asking for it you got it. I have called multiple times spoke with guest relations, advised we arrive on my birthday, haven't received DVD(which I haven't) and still nothing. So for those of us that are not receiving FD and those that are receiving FD despite lack of pin what's your secret? :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

Seems a bit immature to me. You call a business and angrily request to be marketed to? :confused3

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. xipotec

xipotec Grinning Ghosts

Hey Smitch!
    Same as last year. Nov 11-18!

How are ya!

5. cajunmast

cajunmast Earning My Ears

No need to get nasty. I wasn't ugly about it and yes that's what I said. Got passed on to marketing and got lucky I guess.

6. Zipears Fan

Zipears Fan "You can design and create, and build the most won

Is this the first year Disney hasn't offered (other than PINS and September) FD since it began?!? I feel bad for everyone on here. It just so happens our anniversary is in September so we decided to go then and got lucky!

Good luck to everyone on here! I know we NEVER got PINS.

7. DisneyMom5

DisneyMom5 DIS Veteran

I think the first couple of years it was in hurricane season only (Aug./Sept.) I don't think they even started doing late fall until after that. I remember being surprised when they offered it for late fall.

8. disnicash

disnicash Earning My Ears

We have called multiple times. Asked for marketing. Have signed up for everything we can. The one thing we did do was book thru my BIL who is a TA. Would that lessen our chances of getting a pin? He is a certified disney TA. Thoughts??

9. zy144622

zy144622 Mouseketeer

I don't think there is anything you can to lesson your chances. Of course I don't know this for sure but many have gotten pins when already booked.

10. Blessed_wth_Triplets

Blessed_wth_Triplets DIS Veteran

That's not happening. That "new" poster was clearly trying to ruffle feathers. There's no way.:rotfl2:

11. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Actually there have been several posters over on the other thread that's been given free dining but didn't have a pin. Apparently they have a few pin codes they can use at their discretion, but there's no rhyme or reason as to who gets one and who doesn't.

12. cajunmast

cajunmast Earning My Ears

I've gained a lot of advice from this board and yes I'm new and yes it absolutely did happen. I posted in hopes of helping others get it too but way to make a person feel welcome! I'll just go back to reading and not contributing.

13. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Aww...:hug: Please keep posting. You didn't do anything wrong. Thank you for sharing your experience. :goodvibes Don't let others' comments keep you from enjoying yourself here.

14. RCSpur

RCSpur Earning My Ears

How do I get a PIN? I am going November 1-6 and KNEW they'd offer free dining!! :confused:

15. GhostLady

GhostLady Mouseketeer

I'm not "new" and I got free dining for October without a PIN :banana:

I also posted my story on another thread but not to "ruffle feathers". I posted it to give others hope and possibly advice.

16. GhostLady

GhostLady Mouseketeer

I think this is absolutely true!!!
    but...
    I do think there might be a "rhyme or reason" even if we don't know what it is. We've made several calls asking about a PIN with no luck but the call that actually got us FD(without a PIN) was a bit different than the other calls we've made. Did we just get lucky and get the right CM or did we say the right things this time? I have a few theories but I guess I'll never know for sure :confused3

17. Blessed_wth_Triplets

Blessed_wth_Triplets DIS Veteran

Oh wow....my apologies! I really thought, especially because they were a new poster, they were disguising themselves and made it all up.unfortunately it's been known to happen on other threads. I thought I was sticking up for all the members by not letting someone "get" to them. Again...so sorry and more magic to ya!:thumbsup2

18. jerseygirl82

jerseygirl82 Mouseketeer

Please forgive my ignorance, as I own in DVC and until recently hadn't given much thought to the dining plan. However, I am thinking about renting out my points to fund a short getaway to a value or moderate and free dining would help my case with the hubby :thumbsup2

My question is this - are pin codes for free dining only being sent to guests with existing reservations?

19. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

PIN codes are sent to (what appears to be) random people. It doesn't matter if you are booked or not. This latest FD PIN had wording included about being a past guest, yet people who have never been to Disney have gotten them. :rotfl: It is one of life's greatest mysteries as to who gets them and who doesn't. Good luck! :goodvibes

20. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

My Mom got a pin code for free dining and she does not have a reservation booked. I was jealous as I keep hoping to get one for my October trip!

21. Team Bunch

Team Bunch Mouseketeer

I appreciate all the hope. We are going in late August so a pin is our only hope. We have not run into the "right" cm yet :sad2: