2013 Free Dining Watch

For all of you FD veterans, do the public free dining dates usually match the dates offered with a pin code? I noticed the pin code offer had blackout dates for 10/10-10/15. Is it safe to assume these dates will also be black-out dates IF they offer to the public?

Yes there are many blackout dates during those months. I think the public offer will be very close to those dates, if not exactly.

Yes there are many blackout dates during those months. I think the public offer will be very close to those dates, if not exactly.

Really? I thought that the fd pin would just be a pin. Historically do general codes usually follow pins? I would be SOOO happy if it did as I am going on October1-8 :)

Really? I thought that the fd pin would just be a pin. Historically do general codes usually follow pins? I would be SOOO happy if it did as I am going on October1-8 :)

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. However, i think the timing of this is telling.

Not sure off hand when Columbus Day is, but that week is usually blocked out.

Columbus Day is 10/14.i booked us arriving the Thursday (10/10) before. It is the last date before "Columbus Day" room pricing. I had hoped this would get us checked in before the blackout dates.

I'm confused!

Is there always a public offer released after a pin code is offered?

And when it says, "Starting date..." does that mean we can arrive on October 30th, stay for 7 nights and still get free dining?

I want a pin too! Waaah! :crazy2: :scared: :sad2:

I'm confused!

Is there always a public offer released after a pin code is offered?

And when it says, "Starting date..." does that mean we can arrive on October 30th, stay for 7 nights and still get free dining?

I want a pin too! Waaah! :crazy2: :scared: :sad2:

The October - December free dining discounts for the general public are usually released in July, sometimes August. Most of the FD pin code free dining dates, if not all, will drop for the general public this summer.

As long as your check in date falls within the FD promo dates, you can have the discount applied to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.

One of my friends got a pin for FD w/ these dates. Is each pin # specific to that person? She is not using and text it to me. We are booked 11-12 to 11-20. I called yest and there are no pins for me. Is it possible to use hers????

One of my friends got a pin for FD w/ these dates. Is each pin # specific to that person? She is not using and text it to me. We are booked 11-12 to 11-20. I called yest and there are no pins for me. Is it possible to use hers????

Sorry, but you can't use it. They are non-transferable.

I called yesterday to verify if I had a pin linked to my name as our dates are Nov 17-23 and was advised no. I asked about offer being released to general public and was advised historically yes it is, a couple of months after, but can't guarantee because Disney marketing changes year after year. So hopefully...crossing fingers. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

bartleby1 said:
Sorry, but you can't use it. They are non-transferable.

That's a bummer. Are all emails done going out? And now we wait for snail mail pins? And then Disney Visa card holders and then GP offer ? Sheesh! They should just put it out there for all who wants to go and be done with it!

That's a bummer. Are all emails done going out? And now we wait for snail mail pins? And then Disney Visa card holders and then GP offer ? Sheesh! They should just put it out there for all who wants to go and be done with it!

I just called again, figured new day lol, and was once again advised no pin. The CM updated all my information and said they are still sending out email so to watch.

KNovacovschi said:
I just called again, figured new day lol, and was once again advised no pin. The CM updated all my information and said they are still sending out email so to watch.

Oh that's encouraging. Last email I got from Disney destinations was April 22! Sure wish they would have waited and sent me the FD pin this week. The one on apr 22 was just a general offer for no real discount.

Will keep on checkin email :)

I called 407 W DISNEY and said 'agent' until I heard hold music.

Thanks for the info! I haven't had time to respond since Thursday! It worked like a charm and I got through in just a couple minutes while my other phone was still on hold! Got what I needed! Can't wait until September now!

Now the fall FD dilemma is over. (Well mostly). I'm already thinking about my next Disney trip. Thinking of switching it up and going in the spring. Possibly April but not the week of Easter. Do they ever run promos for the spring ? Also, what about a bounce back. Of they offer any bounce back at all. Is it usually meant for he fall or can you book it for any time of the year ? Thanks !

The October - December free dining discounts for the general public are usually released in July, sometimes August. Most of the FD pin code free dining dates, if not all, will drop for the general public this summer.

As long as your check in date falls within the FD promo dates, you can have the discount applied to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.

I had written down the dates that you had thought FD would be available earlier last week. I checked them against the pin offer and MAN were you dead on! Some were a day in either direction but the spacing and weeks were correct. I def. bow down to your knowledge! Now if I could just get the pin and end this excruciating wait, I would be golden...lol. Thanks again! :thumbsup2

I'm going crazy bc I just booked my trip 2 days ago and everyone got pins the next day. I know they are selective and I prob wouldn't have gotten one anyway, but now I'm wondering if my date will get one at all. It falls under the time everyone says is on the Pin. They ususally do come out later, but POFQ is POPULAR and always runs out quickly. Is it true that for every release like this they set aside a certain amount of rooms per group they release to? Like the Pins then Disney Credit then everyone?

I had written down the dates that you had thought FD would be available earlier last week. I checked them against the pin offer and MAN were you dead on! Some were a day in either direction but the spacing and weeks were correct. I def. bow down to your knowledge! Now if I could just get the pin and end this excruciating wait, I would be golden...lol. Thanks again! :thumbsup2

You are so welcome! Hope you get the next set of pins :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter