2013 Free Dining Watch

Going to get on the band wagon, too. Am thinking about taking friends in Sept. around the 10th. Thought maybe it was too early to start thinking but here I am!!

IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY WHEN IT COMES TO FD! :banana:

I don't if anyone has noticed this, but do a comparison of locations that accept the DDP from 2012 to 2013... particularly EPCOT and Downtown Disney.

You guys, this sucks!!! :headache: Our selections are SOOOO much more limited. This really cuts at the value received, even if it's free!

And, imagine how much more difficult it will be to make ADR's if we are all competing for fewer places. I'm open to thoughts, but this is NOT GOOD.

I believe this is only because the contacts are in process of being negotiated, since these are not Disney owned restaurants. I'm pretty sure i saw this answered in another thread, and they said not to worry, it just takes a little while to post to the site.

This happens every year. The brochure goes to
Print before the contracts are finalized. The list will always be broadened to include the others. I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Zipears Fan said:
I don't if anyone has noticed this, but do a comparison of locations that accept the DDP from 2012 to 2013... particularly EPCOT and Downtown Disney.

You guys, this sucks!!! :headache: Our selections are SOOOO much more limited. This really cuts at the value received, even if it's free!

And, imagine how much more difficult it will be to make ADR's if we are all competing for fewer places. I'm open to thoughts, but this is NOT GOOD.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you everyone. What a relief! :hippie:

I found that thread. It looks like we'll know in December what all restaurants will be included. FD RULES AGAIN!

I couldn't locate this issue on any other thread. Moderators or experienced Disney-goers are welcome to answer this question I have regarding the timeline of planning our trip...

My family and I want to plan our trip around when FD dates are available (ideally in September 2013). Therefore, the goal is to get FD. Having said that, I know the FD promotion for the fall doesn't typically get released until April, maybe May.

However, March will be the start of when Disney guests arriving in September can make ADR's. I don't want to get "stuck" with our dates if FD falls outside the days we paid to stay. ON THE OTHER HAND, I want to take advantage of the 180 + 10 advance time that Disney guests can make ADRs - as I am well aware how fast they get taken up.

How would you (or have you in the past) handled this "timeline" dilemma? :confused3 THANKS EVERYONE!

Zipears Fan said:
I couldn't locate this issue on any other thread. Moderators or experienced Disney-goers are welcome to answer this question I have regarding the timeline of planning our trip...

My family and I want to plan our trip around when FD dates are available (ideally in September 2013). Therefore, the goal is to get FD. Having said that, I know the FD promotion for the fall doesn't typically get released until April, maybe May.

However, March will be the start of when Disney guests arriving in September can make ADR's. I don't want to get "stuck" with our dates if FD falls outside the days we paid to stay. ON THE OTHER HAND, I want to take advantage of the 180 + 10 advance time that Disney guests can make ADRs - as I am well aware how fast they get taken up.

How would you (or have you in the past) handled this "timeline" dilemma? :confused3 THANKS EVERYONE!

To get 180+10 you will have to have something booked, no way around that. I would book a package prior to that time and if free is announced, modify your reservation as needed to add the free dining.

vicki_c said:
To get 180+10 you will have to have something booked, no way around that. I would book a package prior to that time and if free is announced, modify your reservation as needed to add the free dining.

I booked my trip in advance with dining . I was told by a travel agent to do it that way so that if free dining was offered they would just refund me the cost of the Dining Plan . The way I chose to pay for everything was I've paid for everything except for the Dining Plan and when free dining is offered they will just take that off my bill. If for some reason free dining is not offered I will just remove it from my bill entirely. But you need to be careful because if you try to do that after 45 days before your trip begins I think they charge you a cancelation fee.

dakotix said:
I booked my trip in advance with dining . I was told by a travel agent to do it that way so that if free dining was offered they would just refund me the cost of the Dining Plan . The way I chose to pay for everything was I've paid for everything except for the Dining Plan and when free dining is offered they will just take that off my bill. If for some reason free dining is not offered I will just remove it from my bill entirely. But you need to be careful because if you try to do that after 45 days before your trip begins I think they charge you a cancelation fee.

Free dining is offered only if Disney is trying to fill rooms. If people book hoping to get free dining that fills rooms making it not necessary for Disney to offer it.

usd2bmd said:
Free dining is offered only if Disney is trying to fill rooms. If people book hoping to get free dining that fills rooms making it not necessary for Disney to offer it.

We're going to Disney regardless of whether or not they offer free dining. it's just a nice perk to have if it is offered

The promotions going on now, are for this year. Those on this thread are looking for next year. :) I think the beginning of October there will be some sort of promotion announced for early 2013.

I decided to forego the free dining and stay at Ft. Wilderness again. That in its self saves us a lot of money. I hope you all are able to get free dining for the dates you're looking for! :goodvibes

My DH will agree to go in February if they offer the free dining plan. We have been the last 2 years in January and have gotten the free dining plan. With a teenage football player and another almost teen boy, free food is a real blessing!!!popcorn::

i see free dining is offered this year until dec 15th and includes pop warner week.

but why only til the 15 th do crowds pick up by that date

Our dates are set for jan 30-Feb 8th, I haven't booked air yet because I'm hoping for FD. I will be happy with any discount.

I know, I'm full of them, but this site is AMAZING! For you moderators and experienced Disney-goers, the following:

During FD promotional periods, what resorts tend to fill/book the quickest? :hourglass As I understand, Disney only allocates a percentage of each resort to the FD promotion and the rest are regular priced.

I ask this because we are considering booking POFQ right NOW for the middle of September 2013 (lowest crowds of the year) and don't want to be told, once FD is released, that we either need to switch resorts or that we can't get the deal altogether. Thanks!

I too am hoping for FD but in mid August. I am trying to plan a trip for myself and 3 friends...and FD would be great:)

i see free dining is offered this year until dec 15th and includes pop warner week.

but why only til the 15 th do crowds pick up by that date
This year's December free dining dates are December 10 - 20 and if you check in by December 20th they will apply the free dining discount to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.

Pop Warner is the first week of December, not during this year's free dining dates.

My DH will agree to go in February if they offer the free dining plan. We have been the last 2 years in January and have gotten the free dining plan. With a teenage football player and another almost teen boy, free food is a real blessing!!!popcorn::

:rotfl2:littlelulu3 this cracked me up AND of course I can feel your pain. I have a preteen (12) who literally eats us out of house and home. I grocery shop on Saturday and by Tuesday I need to go to the store again. So I agree we are all about the free food and going to the all you can eat buffets. Last year in Germany the boy at more than anyone else at the table. And I couldn't complain because he was eating food and not junk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter