2013 Free Dining Watch

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Dimples1973ca, Jul 15, 2012.

1. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

None. You must check in during the time period.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NattyMouse

NattyMouse Earning My Ears

Wow, that kinda hurts:)

thanks

4. BrittNeal

BrittNeal Earning My Ears

Look into splitting your reservation! Our trip is August 31-Sept. 7. In order to take advantage of the FD we are modifying our existing reservation checking in on Sept. 2 and creating a new reservation for Aug. 31-Sept. 2 hote only and going to universal on those days.

Its a bummer to be right on that line but at least we'll get it for a few days.

5. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

There is no fee as long as you do it before your 45 day arrival day 44 you'll be charged. If they happen to increase tickets between now & May 9th your ticket part of the package will increase to whatever the new ticket prices are.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

6. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Split stays really aren't a good option in regard to FD stays unless your first stay would be room only for 3 nights or less and the other poster would have to do a minimum 4 night room only reservation with those dates. You can only pick up package tickets 3 days early.

7. derrickmom

derrickmom DIS Veteran

Are the Mermaid rooms at AoA included??

8. mom18

mom18 Mouseketeer

Ok, so I have a question. This is actually about a friend. He has already booked his stay, and has the park tickets. Only he got the park tickets through his company. I guess they offer a discount when buying through his work. Is he still eligible to get the dining? He meets all other requirements (I.e. he's checking in the 21st, staying at POR for 7 nights, etc)!

My stay, on the other hand was not what I was hoping for! I was originally planned to arrive the 26th, have everything booked including flights. But, we have decided to go ahead and change our dates and arrive on the 25th. Even with fees to change, it would still be cheaper than buying the regular dining package, which is what I was planning on! Still saving me $300 and I get an extra stay at disney! So I'm content!!

9. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

They seem to be, and if they really are, the consensus is that they will be extremely limited.

10. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Supposedly they are included, but I'm still a bit skeptical of that. If they are, they would have to be VERY limited. I will be anxious to see if anyone on this board gets a FD discount on those rooms come May 9. I say have a back up resort or room category, just in case.

11. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Congrats to you! As for your friend, he will have to purchase a minimum 2 day ticket for everyone on the reservation if he wants free dining. He can save those tickets for future use, though.

12. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Your friend would not be eligible. You must be booked under a Magic Your Way package that included room, tickets and dining to apply the FD discount to your reservation. There is a 2 day base ticket requirement with that MYW FD package.

13. mom18

mom18 Mouseketeer

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if it was the same thing or not.

14. faindrops27

faindrops27 I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My

Sorry need to edit

15. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

There is no FD for August. :confused3

16. Bama_C

Bama_C Artful DISer

Yes, thanks from me, too. Saved me PAGES of scrolling. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

17. faindrops27

faindrops27 I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My

Oh my I just caught that..OH let me edit my post..Thanks!

18. DisneyCate

DisneyCate Earning My Ears

Wait, so is it confirmed that there is ABSOLUTELY no free dining for August?

19. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

If the dates posted on the Resorts board by a person who has been correct about free dining dates every year for the past few years are correct once again, then there will be no free dining in August. the given check-in dates for the promotion were September 2 - 25.

For absolute confirmation you will probably have to wait at least another week.

20. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Yup those are the dates. Sorry guys but it looks like there are a couple of large conventions the last week of August which could have impacted discounts. Regardless, free dining doesn't start til the 2nd.

21. tinksgilrs251520

tinksgilrs251520 I want to be at WDW

SO what is your gut feeling about late august for 2014????????????