*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 13, 2013.

1. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

I heard about the Disney Visa discount here before I even got their email! If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have gotten the one event I was interested in. So, yes -- immensely helpful!!!!! Thx again. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. donnishobson

donnishobson Mouseketeer

Thanks. I will have everything perfectly clear in my mind and still be completely disoriented when i actually get there. But this is my 4th WDW visit so i'm starting to know my way around.

4. skater

skater <font color=blue>Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't

I feel bad for the people answering the phone as well. I'm sure not everybody was kind to them. I even felt like being mean to someone in my frustration, and I'm never mean to people in service jobs (I know what its like).

5. WDWGeek1971

WDWGeek1971 Mouseketeer

We have done so many of these things, we have the seating worked out. In addition to attending 3D Dessert party, we also attend the United Way Chef's Gala almost every May. That is extraordinarily like Party for the Senses! If you have never been, and aren't sure about how you'll navigate--reserved seating is the way to go. If they'd had it the first time we went, I would have done the exact same thing. So, I didn't ask about either tier of reserved seating, just booked the event. You'll have a great time! Make sure you get there early. That's one of the biggest advantages of the premium seating!

Enjoy!

6. WDWGeek1971

WDWGeek1971 Mouseketeer

Great post!!! This is a very good explanation and preview of events held in the World Showplace. You are also correct about the PTFS. But, if you are a real DIS Geek, you'll keep your 3D glasses in your "Disney Bag" so you always have them with you, even after the PFTS. I have a small collection now, and just keep them in my backpack. They are a lot of fun!

7. WDWGeek1971

WDWGeek1971 Mouseketeer

If your email address or phone number you gave the CM during the reservation process is associated with a "My Disney Experience" account, they might just show up there. Mine all did. It would be worth a look. Just go to: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com and login after clicking on the "My Disney Experience" graphic in the upper right hand side of the page.

8. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

I would love to book something. However, I would want to know what is on the menu. How do you find out what will be served at each event?

9. robinm1215

robinm1215 Mouseketeer

It was definitely good customer service. They didn't argue with me. They knew they had given the wrong info and said they'd cancel the first reservation for general admission with no problem. So I'm happy with the the way things turned out but it would have been better with a little less drama :goodvibes

I would encourage anyone who was given the wrong info to call and speak to someone in guest services and they should do their best to make it right.

Definitely see you on the 26th for reserved seating. This is my second time doing the reserved seating and I really liked having the table.

I have always wanted to do the Jiko signature dinner and it's never lined up with my dates. I've done the Wanyama safari before too which I loved. I'm guessing this will be a little different since that was done family style. I'm sure it will be great whatever they do. And trust me, I won't be eating anything from the booths that day!

10. PoppyGirl

PoppyGirl The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummie

I'm curious as to what number you used to contact guest services? Was it the dining number or something else? We've talked to the dining supervisors twice today and they couldn't do anything for us.

11. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

You really don't find out until you get to the event

For some of the events that repeat you might get a idea from the posters who goto the first ones.

12. meryll83

meryll83 All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberr

Thanks for all this great info!

I was told a 7.45pm timeslot, is that the early Sweet Seats time, or do we need to arrive before this?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

13. jaygalterio

jaygalterio Mouseketeer

Again, you're very welcome. I remember the first time we did any of this and we were totally baffled about where things were too. The descriptions on the websites and paperwork make it seem easy to find... But once you are in the thick of it, none of that seems to matter.

Most of the time it is barely controlled chaos right before the event, so asking most Cast Members doesn't really help. Sometimes you get someone who knows what is going on and other times you get someone who thinks they know. And that can ruin a night.

I believe that GA is let in to the main room around 8PM or 8:30. Sweet Seats provides early access. I would say to try and be there between 7:00 and 7:30. Odds are you won't be inside until between 7:30 and 8:00, but you never know what unforeseen problems might occur.

(If you are way too early, start doing some circuits around the Showcase. You will appreciate doing the exercise at around 10:00, when people start rolling out of the hall.)

14. Tamar

Tamar DIS Veteran

You have to take a leap of faith. For the $14 deminars, they will give you a general idea of what is being served, but the menus are not set yet. As a pescatarian, I've found the deminar staff to be very accommodating if I let them know the day-of if there are any issues with the menu. I can only assume the more elaborate events are the same (though if you are, for instance, lactose intolerant, I wouldn't book the cheese pairings).

15. robinm1215

robinm1215 Mouseketeer

When I called on Monday I had called the dining line and explained the situation and asked for a supervisor. They transferred me to someone in guest services. Then yesterday when I was done booking my event again I asked to be transferred to someone in guest services and the person who booked my event transferred me. So I just called the dining line. But I don't think I was talking to dining supervisors.

You could try calling back dining and tell them you want to speak to someone in guest services. Good luck! I hope you get you situation resolved :)

16. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You don't know until you get there.

In the case of the culinary deminars you can usually find the full menu for the day's events posted outside the culinary venue in the Festival Center - but not until the day of the events. Before that, you only see the basic ingredient info that is posted on the schedule. And even then they change it up sometimes. I remember going to a culinary demo not long ago where the posted ingredient was "shrimp," the menu posted outside the venue the day of noted the chef would be making a soup with shrimp, but when we were seated at the event the chef said she had decided to make it vegan just to show that it was easy to make tasty vegan food. (Maybe she really didn't get any shrimp, or she had some bad shrimp, don't know.)

There are a couple of events I've been to (Taste Shake and Indulge like the French, La Hacienda Tequila Lunch) that served the same items at each session, but until the first session (assuming someone reports on the menu) nobody out here knows what the offerings will be.

Party for the Senses and the Regional Lunches will be different at each session. The tastings and pairings used to be that way but I don't do them every year anymore. The Signature events will have a special menu devised by the hosting chef/restaurant.

17. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info. I don't know if I will sign up for anything; might just stick with the booths.

18. Dis_Yoda

Dis_Yoda DIS Veteran

The more you do events like that the easier it gets for not knowing. Most of the dishes aren't that strange. When my husband & I first started dating, he was very limited with food choices; however, the more I forced him to do things like Food & Wine Events or more formal dining in general, he opened up on what he enjoyed.

Give it a try! You may find new things you enjoy or things you used to not like may be prepared in a different way that you may enjoy it. Its happened with me and lobster and my husband with gamey meats & different types of fish.

19. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

ITA! The chefs (or sometimes chefs working with a deminar host) take these events seriously. I think they put extra effort into offering yummy dishes. Not necessarily over complicated, just delicious.

20. kasedroz

kasedroz Mouseketeer

This week the DH and I decided to go away for the weekend of our anniversary. Which happens to fall during the food and wine festival. So we were up for an adult trip our first trip ever without the kiddos. We are staying at Pop!! Also a first. We've only stayed at AoA and POR.

We are excited for the food festival and to get a good look at Epcot. Our Christmas trip was our first time at Epcot and to be honest we were kinda bored. However we do have two young girls, and they weren't real thrilled with it. And we had been up since 4 am and to get to the airport for our flight and as soon as we got to the resort we went to the park. So we know we missed a lot and our attitude had a lot to do with been exhausted and adjusting to the heat (when we left there was snow on the ground).

I need all the important info the dos and don'ts for first timers. Also we are debating on park hoppers or buying MNSSHP tickets.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. PoohCorner71

PoohCorner71 Earning My Ears

I don't know about everyone else but I was SOOOO happy this morning NOT to be up at the crack of dawn listening to busy signals and hold music for the 3rd day in a row! :cloud9:

Now I can forget about all that and get back to the excitement of waiting for our trip to get here!!! :cheer2: