1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 13, 2013.

1. marsh0013

marsh0013 i want to drive the zamboni

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get a clear answer? If I can only book stuff I already have access to (dvc, tiw, ap member), I'd really not like to get up early Monday sit on hold for hours, just to be told sorry call back tomorrow and do it all over again.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. herb102211

herb102211 DIS Veteran

Thanks! I ended up telling the CM I had the exchange certificate and she was fine with that.

4. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Well, my plan is to call to book everything we want Monday morning but knowing we might not be able to and some will have to be done Tuesday.

I will be in and airport Tuesday morning so hoping Monday does work out

5. amandaC

amandaC Mouseketeer

I have a Party of the Senses question-
    My DH and I have gone many times and love it. I have two teen foodie sons (my DH is a chef) and I thought they are now adventurous enough to try it. I know kids can go, as I've seen kids, some quite young, there before. I know I will pay full price. My question is: what is there to drink that is non-alcoholic? I've never paid attention as I'm always focused on the wine!

6. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Water? Seriously that is about your only option besides beer, wine etc....
    Not great options.

7. Bobina99

Bobina99 Earning My Ears

The service staff at PFTS is more than happy to bring out any soft drinks or juices they have at the showplace....you simply have to ask a server.

8. smile4stamps

smile4stamps DIS Veteran

Some of the stations where they do mixed drinks should have some mixers..

9. PNO4TE

PNO4TE <font color=blue>DIS Musician<br><font color=red>P

AKL IPO wouldn't even try to book deminars for me yesterday. They had no idea that there were certain "perk-ed" guests who were allowed to book early. So, I did it myself!

The DIS is reporting the Disney Visa offer, but their list has everything on it. Doesn't appear that anything has been left off their list of available things to book. http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/disney-news.htm

Disney Visa cardholders can book one day early - Monday, August 12 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reservations for these dining experiences open up at 7:00am EST on August 13. Tables in Wonderland members were able to begin making reservations on August 9 at 8:00am. They will also receive $2 off culinary demonstrations, beverage seminars and mixology seminars held on Mondays-Thursdays

10. Lindaland

Lindaland DIS Veteran

Any news on events that are now closed??

11. OrangeCountyCommuter

I met a woman last year who complained LOUDLY and LONG that they would NOT bring her stuff for her child. She said over and over again "DID THEY EXPECT HIM TO DRINK WINE" (I admit I had to keep from saying "no they didn't expect you to bring an 8 year old")

I expect part of the problem is that there are more "people" then servers, it's a high ratio in general admission

As for the 'mixers' idea it's a good one ,but some parties have basically no "mixed drinks"

12. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

Totally understand that no one has a crystal ball but is it likely that the 3D dessert party and PFTS, both with reserved seating, will sell out on Tuesday, based on previous years? I don't have a great track record of getting my rear out of bed for these 5 am Mountain phone calls. :crazy2:

13. smile4stamps

smile4stamps DIS Veteran

Last year I believe the reserved setting sold out the first day. This year with Disney Visa getting to purchase a day earlier they may sell out even quicker! The Wine View I think also sold out quickly but not quite as quick as the Reserved. Sweet Seats for dessert also sold out quickly.

14. ryansstitch

ryansstitch Mouseketeer

I contributed my comment so that people are aware it is NOT hopeless if you can't or didn't know you needed to make a reservation and purchase in advance. I was disappointed and thought I was going to miss the only event I wanted!

15. OrangeCountyCommuter

Two years ago the reserved seating for PFTS was sold out by noon on day 1 for both of the weekends I could attend.

16. LisaS

LisaS DIS Veteran

17. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

Thank you, smile4stamps and OrangeCountyCommuter. Five am, it is then.

18. Disbug

Disbug DIS Veteran

19. karmacats

karmacats Mouseketeer

20. mmbl

mmbl DIS Veteran

I'm assuming Monday morning is also for PAP holders? One CM told me Monday, another told me Tuesday. I just wish they all had the same, correct info!

21. karmacats

karmacats Mouseketeer

Monday is only for Chase Disney Visa users, AFAIK.

Everyone else, including PAP and AP holders, have to wait until Tuesday (except for the deminars AP holders were allowed to book on Friday).

I don't have a PAP, so if anyone has heard differently, please correct me. :goodvibes I did get an email from Chase, though, that said Monday booking was a perk for Disney Visa users.