1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 13, 2013.

1. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

I am so excited for the F&W Festival this year. We travelled in summer last year so missed it and, in previous years, we have been with friends who weren't big drinkers (or eaters). This year, it's just our family and I intend to partake fully.

I agree with those who have said to avoid weekends if you don't want big crowds. The one time we went on a Saturday evening it was absolutely heaving - wall to wall people and you couldn't even get near the booths.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Also, in the past it seems like more events are on the weekends (Tequila lunches, party for the sense, etc.) so if those are important to you, you might need to include at least one weekend

We are planning on going Saturday October 12th but then also making times a few afternoons during the week to hit more of the booths

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

A lot of the events are on weekends, and they also trot out the celebrity chefs for the weekends. So if you want an event or to see a celebrity or a particular ETTB band, you may have to go in on a weekend. But just for grazing at the booths, if you can swing it, go Monday-Thursday.

5. Harlemgirl720

Harlemgirl720 DIS Veteran

I went last year in October solo. I had a fab time. Did a couple of seminars and Party for the senses. Going again this year with a GF from 11/7-11. Yeah the last weekend. May try to get a seminar or two if any are available. Hope the Tequila Lunch is open then, if not, just head over to Mexico for a couple of Tequila Flights.

6. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

yes and no.

The booths were open last year but they opened late and closed at 8. Not sure about the Festival center.

No tastings, wine demos etc. that day.

7. deadheadmamma4

deadheadmamma4 Mouseketeer

I had no clue that the fw was going on our first time to Disney we were so coughs up with going to mnsshp that night at mk Epcot was our day plans but we will have been there beginning of week it's opening day sept 27 will the place be crazy we are not really going for the food or wine.

8. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

In the evening, yes, the World Showcase will be crazy.

9. Li Li

Li Li Mouseketeer

Historically, how bad is Columbus Day weekend? That's when we will be in Disney. We are trying to figure out best day to go; we've never done F&W. Would the experts out there go Saturday or Sunday of Columbus Day weekend?
    (I know I'm in for crowds no matter what!) :)

10. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

I've heard they have limited soft opening but not consistently.

11. Ellielovesdisney

Ellielovesdisney Mouseketeer

Ok...this is a bit premature...but I like to plan. We have never been to PFTS and would really like to go...but have had trouble getting tickets in the past. We are lucky enough to be staying club level this trip. Can the itinerary planners get these tickets for us...or are we better off trying on our own? Anyone with experience with this? thanks - Holly

12. deadheadmamma4

So day time should. Be ok we are out of there around 3

13. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

The IPO has assisted me in the past with these sorts of tickets. Call or email your IPO for more information.

14. ryansstitch

ryansstitch Mouseketeer

My husband and I are doing swan and dolphin package during their f&w classic for 3 nights. It's WAY cheaper than BW or BC and the location is still great. Our total for 3 nights with tax was just over $600, including 2 passes to the classic event. We also had AAA discount. I don't mind paying for parking if it saves me a couple hundred bucks!

15. bellepearle

bellepearle Mouseketeer

We will be at Disney Oct 13-20. This will be our first F&W Festival and we're very excited about it! Any tips on how to best navigate it and what special events should we try to do? Thanks! :goodvibes

16. cdtommie

cdtommie Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies o

Was at Narcoossees's about a week and a half ago and was talking to one of the managers about the new very impressive beer list (three of the managers now have cicerone certification) - they will be having a beer pairing event during F&W (most likely a lunch)...was just approved that week.

Lot's of Belgian's on the list and some craft american brews such as Bear Republic. Prices were reasonable for disney standards...had a Petrus Oud Bruin for only 7.25 a bottle...St Bernardus ABT 12 (one of my favorites) for 9.50.

17. BeerMe

BeerMe DIS Veteran

I've never done this and I wonder if it's possible. I love the wrist gift cards they make getting stuff so easy. I have several other gift cards I buy at BJs at a discount. Can I take those gift cards and add them to a wrist gift card? Would make things a little easier.

18. Bellamouse

Bellamouse DIS Veteran

Yes I believe you can. I love the wrist cards too. Have been going to this event since almost the beginning - back then we used cash! The wrist card is SOOOOO much easier! It's just a regular gift card, just smaller, so I don't think it's any problem to transfer balances from other cards to the smaller card. And you can use the wrist card anywhere in Disney, so if you happen to have any $$ leftover on it, just use it somewhere else.

19. deadheadmamma4

New at this it's beer too!!!!! Hubby's a foreign beer lover there will be different beers too?

20. BeerMe

BeerMe DIS Veteran

Yes!

21. BeerMe

BeerMe DIS Veteran

This will be our sixth trip to F&W and I just added three weeks to our trip so we will be there from 9/27 thru 11/8. We will miss the final weekend. We decided to extend this trip rather than to come back again for a couple of weeks in December. DW doesn't want the hassle of having less time at Christmas to prepare for family visits like we have the past few years. So we will have a long F&W visit.

Skol........ :dancer::drinking1