*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 13, 2013.

1. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

OMG! I had "We got the beat" running through my head all day after reading the Disney Blog's update the other day. I would love if Big Bad Voodoo Daddy was added during our trip!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

The Orlando Sentinel has the following bands listed for the 2013 Eat to the Beat Concert Series:

4. PrincessRebekah82

PrincessRebekah82 Earning My Ears

Our trip keeps getting better and better!!! Air supply, Sugar Ray, Sister Hazel, and Edwin McCain I'm so excited!!! :)

5. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

I'm really starting to get even more excited about this trip!

6. dhorner233

dhorner233 Disneyophile

Thanks for the thread!!

If I'm only going to be able to go on one day and want to hit The Best Kiosks, any suggestions? I will be on the meal plan so I can use my snack credits. I will probably get like 2 things. What are your favorite/MUST have items?

Is there a list of the countries and the menus somewhere I know I've seen it but, can't find it right now.

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Use the Disney Food Blog link in the first post, that site has a full list of all last year's menu items, with prices and photos. Just remember that some things are going to change this year. Probably including the prices.

8. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

The complete schedule for Eat to the Beat is posted at Disney Parks Blog:
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...oin-the-2013-eat-to-the-beat-musical-line-up/

9. PrincessRebekah82

PrincessRebekah82 Earning My Ears

I've never been to F&W or Eat to the Beat concerts. I was wondering how early people start lining up for the concerts?

10. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

:wave: If you have a friendly travel companion, I suggest you get a few more items and share.

We can all countdown to when the menus are released and then salivate together. :goodvibes

11. BeerMe

BeerMe DIS Veteran

Beers of the World, here I come! Escargot in France is my historical favorite. I'm sure they'll have it again this year. And beer cheese soup. I'm drooling on my keyboard.

12. donnishobson

donnishobson Mouseketeer

What time do the eat to the beat bands play?

13. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

In the past, the bands played @ 5:30, 6:45 and 8:00 p.m. Depending on the band, you may need to be at the American Adventure Amphitheater up to an hour before showtime.

14. donnishobson

donnishobson Mouseketeer

Thanks. Need to plan,plan,plan. So fun

15. Bellamouse

Bellamouse DIS Veteran

Not to be disagreeable, but I don't agree with this advice. There is no way I can go a whole day of walking (like 10 miles) on just a few little bites of food. We definitely need one "real" meal.

16. ArmyVet80

ArmyVet80 Mouseketeer

Are any of the kiosks open after the Wine & Dine half marathon? I ask because my wife, two of her coworkers, and I are all running the W&D half marathon and we are looking forward to the after party to try some things. We are eating at Tutto Italia for lunch to carb up the day of the run and then not eating again until after the run is over (if there is a place to eat).

I'm figuring that if the kiosks are open then we'll be in for some pretty heavy crowds since the run is now sold out. I'm thinking that a lot of people bought "after party" tickets too. From the pictures I have seen it looks kinda busy.

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

17. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

Unless it's Hanson. I'm actually from the same state, and was cracking up that THEY were the band while we were there. However people were lined up at noon. I kid you not NOON. They're cute boys and all, but Holy Teen Idol Batman, I would not be sitting in the rain at noon to see Hanson.

18. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I have never waited hours to see any of the bands, and I've seen lots of them.

I did wait about 45 minutes all the way down by Germany to see Rick Springfield, but I still got in the 4th row.

19. happylaughingcow

happylaughingcow Earning My Ears

I cant wait!!!

This year will be my first F&W festival :) so excited! It will be a great way for me and my other half to celebrate our honeymoon with one of our favourite past time -FOOD!

Think Ill have to start stretching my stomach now to accommodate all the different types of food from the stalls ;)

20. jce2

jce2 Mouseketeer

Can someone who has seen Dennis DeYoung's show tell me, does he do any Styx covers? I assume he has to since I don't think he has done a lot of solo work.

21. jce2

jce2 Mouseketeer

Never mind! I found the answer myself looking at his web page. For those of you wondering, his tour is entitled "The Music of Styx", so yea, I guess he might do a song or two ....or three, or more :) . I know a lot of folks aren't impressed by the November lineup, but for me Dennis is the best name on the entire list!