*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 13, 2013.

1. WeeVee

WeeVee Earning My Ears

The booth menus? I don't believe they are 'released' until a couple days before the opening day. The placards show up in front of the booths on the World Showcase walkway. Sometimes information for the new booths is released at the Tables in Wonderland event in late July.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Nakkira

Nakkira DIS Veteran

Yeah, I wish they were playing when I plan to go. I saw them once at the Bottle & cork in Rehoboth! Fantastic show.

We get The Pointer Sisters (Oct 17th) & Night Ranger (Oct 18th)

4. Nakkira

Nakkira DIS Veteran

Yeah the booth menus! Hopefully someone will post it all as soon as they are out then. (Pics would rock!)

5. Nakkira

Nakkira DIS Veteran

I also keep seeing things from past years about "Free demonstrations" etc.
    This being a budget trip free is my favorite word.

The thing is I have yet to see any details on what these are. Not just for this year but for year's past.
    There are detailed lists, review, and blog post about all the one's people Pay for. LOL. :confused3

Are "free" demo's a Disney fiction or do they exist and what are they?

6. WeeVee

WeeVee Earning My Ears

There are 'free' demos. ::yes:: But be prepared to wait in line a good 30-45 minutes prior to the free ones in order to get a seat.

The best place to read about events, IMHO, will be The Disney Food Blog. Here is a link to last years 2012 but AJ has already started 2013 segment.

7. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

They usually release the marketplace menu's at some point before the festival begins, maybe two weeks before? I can't remember from last year, maybe someone else on the thread will remember.

8. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Here are the "free" demos from last year (from Allearsnet):

9. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Quick note about the book signings - at least for the popular ones in the past they gave out wrist bands at the beginning of the day and then you cam back at the appropriate time and you had to have a band to get in line. I know some people got left out as they didn't know they needed to go early in the day to get wrist bands

10. BeerMe

BeerMe DIS Veteran

An observation. Should be drink to the beat not eat to the beat

11. Nakkira

Nakkira DIS Veteran

Should be.. but let's face it.. Disney cannot pass up a catchy rhyme..the earth would stop spinning or something!

How about "Consume to the Tunes"? :rotfl2:

12. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

"imbibe to that jive"

"Chug then cut a rug"

13. bellepearle

bellepearle Mouseketeer

Soooo upset that Boys II Men are going to be there the day AFTER we leave!!! Just saw them in concert and they were amazing! They're also really nice! :mad:

14. HiMagicFan

HiMagicFan DIS Veteran

Waiting to see if the Chef's Tour is going to happen. :confused3

We had to opt out of my other wish list items because they happen during our TOT weekend and after. My sister didn't know if she was gonna be up for Sweet Sundays so said don't pay and lose money....so while we are going to miss that, I now have more spending money :thumbsup2 to use at the booths and shopping!

On that note: is there a special Food & Wine pin?

15. ryansstitch

ryansstitch Mouseketeer

Not to my knowledge. But I do have a le cellier ressie 10/19 if you'll be around then. I don't mind getting you a bit of bread!

16. BeerMe

BeerMe DIS Veteran

I wish Aerosmith was going to perform.

party: :drinking1

17. PatriciaH

PatriciaH I want to be an Imagineer!

Yes, they usually have a few.

18. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

I have heard that there is a soft opening or preview day which is usually held the day before F+W Festival is officially open to the public. Just wondering if this was just a rumor or is something that happens every year. We loved F+W last year (our first time) and we know the opening weekend (F,Sa, Su) was super packed. Our plans this year have us going to Epcot 1 day before the F+W opens and someone said it would be a preview day. Hoping that it is!

19. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Usually there is a soft opening. More limited hours. Seems like it was evening only and I know most booths closed by 8. Some never seemed to open

20. bellepearle

bellepearle Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet but will the menus for the booths be posted somewhere before F&W starts so we can decide which booths we want to go to? Thanks!

21. HiMagicFan

HiMagicFan DIS Veteran

There was a post that said menus are not usually available before hand. Somewhere around page 13 I think.