*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 13, 2013.

1. PoohCorner71

PoohCorner71 Earning My Ears

PFTS is our FAV thing at the festival!! The last time DH and I went to PFTS was in 2009 prior to the mid-level price that included reserved seats and we did the Wine View Lounge so we'd have a table. Can anyone that's been there more recently tell me what you're getting additionally in the WVL now? Last time we were there it was a cheese display and a premium bar - but after all that wine we weren't really looking for premium cocktails :-) Just trying to figure out whether the additional $100 / pp would be worth it to move up from reserved seating to WVL...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

I am thinking no special events for us this trip. Being it will be our first time at F&W I do think just trying to squeeze in all the Food Booths on our 3 Epcot days will keep us quite busy.

I hope everyone is able to book what you want on 8/13. Going to be a long 2 months of waiting.

4. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

I'm happy to see that the Grand Mariner tasting is back. I hope its in France and not the Festival Center. We're staying at the Beach Club so that will be much easier to stumble back to the room! :lmao:

5. kabuki

kabuki <font color=green>It's free if you pass out in the

We did WVL the first year they started it and then last year. Last year the bar had a couple wines not out in the regular areas but they were nothing special and a few more cocktail items. You also get a appetizer and they had a dessert that was special to WVL. If your not drinking cocktails, I personally would skip it.

6. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

Still patiently waiting to find out the details of our Blissful Bites. The menus should be available sometime, right?

7. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Nope!

Generally they give some "vague" details, but you don't get detailed menus in advance.

Sorry!

8. WeeVee

WeeVee Earning My Ears

We also figured out we didn't try as many items from the different areas while sitting in the WVL. We were comfortable with the seating and the service so we didn't get up and sample things as much as previous years.

Cheese table, cocktail bar, wines, water, service (dirty plates and flatware removed), WVL wine glasses, goody bag with minor items, dessert. I seem to remember a table of chocolates but can't be positive.

Also, you receive early entrance, about 15 minutes, to try items, with no lines and no stampede.

9. HiMagicFan

HiMagicFan DIS Veteran

We were going to do 4 of the special events but opted out and decided to do just one. The Marketplace VIP Chef's tour....didn't see it.

No Chef VIP tour, did I miss it and it doesn't get listed here?

10. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

The list released by the Disney Blog is doubtless not the complete list of events. Will probably have to wait for the complete list to confirm whether or not the Chef's Tour will be returning.

11. HiMagicFan

HiMagicFan DIS Veteran

good to know, thanks! will keep watching....

12. mickeyhereicome

mickeyhereicome Mouseketeer

This will be our first time attending F&W. We will be at WDW from Nov 10-15. I know this is the marathon weekend plus Monday is Veteran's Day and these are the last days of F&W. We were planning for Sunday afternoon/evening for F&W. Do you think we can do it all in one day? Should I plan for Monday also? Trying to also pick the best day for MVMCP.

TIA

13. ryansstitch

ryansstitch Mouseketeer

This is when we attended last year. When the crowds picked up on Sunday, by about 1 or 2pm,they really picked up!! If you can add a day do it! I was so glad we did most of our booth experimenting on friday am and early pm because the waiting in line really takes a bite out of your day. I also didn't think it would matter so much to me to have a seat or a table while i was eating, but it did. Trying to share a 4 inch plate with DH while having strangers standing at my elbows and back (esp at Ireland!!) was not fun or relaxing! I would suspect Monday crowds may be similar, so 2 days is better than 1. It's also helpful to review menus in advance so you can head to those booths before the crowds roll in.

14. PNO4TE

PNO4TE I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...

One of thr best reasons to stay at an Epcot resort!

15. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

guess it depends on what you mean by "do it all in one day" ... do you mean try every single booth? Attend a concert? do demonstrations, special meals/events?

I'd say it is hard to do it all in one day no matter the crowds, but given that there likely will be solid crowds I think it will be hard - and if you try to do a lot with the crowds it might not be as enjoyable.

If you can add Monday - maybe even just the afternoon of Monday and do another park in the morning if you don't have time for another full day at EPCOT you will be better off

16. StuckInKS

StuckInKS DIS Veteran

This will be our first time at F&W. I have a question about Canada. If they have the cheese soup, does it include any pretzel bread? If not, is there anywhere to get some without making a reservation for Le Cellier?

17. M&C

M&C SSR 06

Oh yeah! I've never seen them in concert and I can't wait. It's our first f&w too so I'm doubly excited! :yay::yay::yay:

18. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Well, the menus for this year are not out yet, so now way to know for sure but I believe in the past it was always just the soup.

Not sure if there is anywhere to just get pretzel bread but in the past at the Germany booth you could get a bratwurtz in a pretzel roll

19. BeerMe

BeerMe DIS Veteran

We were there for the last weekend in 2008 and I don't remember it being particularly crowded (more than usual anyway). We were there for the opening in 2006 and it was very crowded. This year we will be there for the opening and I'm looking forward to the crowds. The middle is not bad though which is when we usually go.

This year we are lucky enough to go for four weeks - 9/27-10/25. I was planning to go fir six but family commitments forced a change there. Oh well.

20. Nakkira

Nakkira DIS Veteran

When do they typically release the menus?

21. midnightlouise

midnightlouise steady rollin' woman

We haven't been to the festival since our oldest (now 13) was a baby so we're really looking forward to it!! :cool1: But I'm NOT looking forward to telling DH that Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is not til the day we check out...