2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

This threads been too quiet lately....33 Days by my count!

And just for Webmaster Pete!

I'll save DCA for another time.

I have a confession to make. The castle, Snow White fountain, and SS Columbia pictures are not mine, I got them off of Photobucket...I feel guilty I should've credited the original photographer, but you can click on them to see who that is. I didn't have a good picture of the castle to use.

The other pictures are all from our trip last year.

I think we should all meet at the airport.

Nope, sorry DW and I want a little 1-on-1 time before the trip. We'll wait until Sunday to meet everyone.

We arrive at 11:40 a month from today!

On my first BSM trip, I ended up on the plane with a couple who were also going to be on the trip. We were both posting on Facebook from the airport and figured out that we were on the same flight. We ended up meeting before the plane left ATL.

We arrive at 11:40 a month from today!

On my first BSM trip, I ended up on the plane with a couple who were also going to be on the trip. We were both posting on Facebook from the airport and figured out that we were on the same flight. We ended up meeting before the plane left ATL.

That's awesome! Small world! :goodvibes

Regardless of when you are arriving in California or how many days off you have leading up to it. Today marks ONE MONTH until the START of our Adventure!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Dancing with you Pete! party:
This is so exciting. After today we are counting in days, not months. I guess it's time to start thinking about packing. :cool1:

Missed chat last night :(

Completely crashed after work yesterday couldn't find the energy to stay up late.

Hey everyone,

For those that weren't on chat last night, I called DLR about our Friday group dinner @ Steakhouse 55. Because of the size of the group, the reservation CM needed to contact the restaurant to confirm that it was available. While I didn't know about it during chat, I actually got a respsonse overnight last night:

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your interest in dining with us at Steakhouse 55, however on the evening you have selected we are closed for a wine dinner. If we can help you with reservations for another night, please let us know.

Thank you,

Steakhouse 55 Team

SO :( to that!

Here are our remaining options:

1. Try Napa Rose (@ GC)
  2. Try Catal (@ DTD)
  3. Try Carthay Circle (since the "good-bye" dinner will likely be fixed menu)
  4. Forget about eating as a group

I personally would pick Catal first, then Carthay, but would be OK with either of those choices. The reason I say Catal is because Kevin raves about it, and I trust his judgement when it comes to food. That plus we will get to experience Carthay the night before. However, if the group would prefer an additional meal at Carthay (plus allowing those that want it to get FP to World of Color for Friday night) I KNOW how good the food is there and I would be fine with that. Price-wise they are both very similar. So, if the group were to choose either one of these two...I would be fine with it!

However, while I'd love to try Napa Rose someday, I think that going there as a group of 17 is not in the spirit of that dining experience. If I was going to go there, I would prefer just to forget the group dinner and just eat there Ulana and myself, so I would actually pick Option 4 before choosing to go there.

What do you think? I will be curious to see if we can get as easy a consensus as we did on the original Steakhouse 55 choice.

As a reminder, here's the folks signed up:
Peter (skier_pete) and Ulana (ukeemom)
Rory (roryh22)
Christy (chropistopy) and Cheryl (cherylbug)
Angie (ymxbfalcon)
Kim (kgibbler20) and Mary Ann
Melanie (Disneygrl36) and Eric
Lori (BriarRosie)
Lisa (Lee Disney) and John
Matt (Darthvader92) and Matt's Mom
Toni (Disneykiwi) and Christine (brightie)

That's disappointing! :( I was looking forward to Steakhouse 55. I don't know enough about the other restaurants to have an opinion. We are fine with whatever the rest choose. Thanks for looking into this for us Pete. :mickeyjum

My first choice would Catal over Carthay and I know we can't afford Napa. I only really say Catal though because this could be not only my first trip but only trip for a long, long time so personally I would rather experience more. But if it's Catal or Carthay we'll still be there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter