1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Discussion in 'DIS Adventures by Disney Trips' started by DisneyKevin, Jun 22, 2012.

1. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We try to take care of our children. ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Roryh22

Roryh22 Mouseketeer

Hopefully all the DOSH problems causing ride closures over the last few days at Disneyland will be sorted by the time we are out there.

Crowd levels taken from touring plans for our days at Disneyland.

Disneyland DCA Annual Pass Blockouts
    Tue, June 11, 2013 6 out of 10 5.6 7.2 SL
    Wed, June 12, 2013 6 out of 10 5.6 7.0 SL Grad Night at DCA
    Thu, June 13, 2013 8 out of 10 6.0 9.7 SL Grad Night at DCA
    Fri, June 14, 2013 9 out of 10 8.5 7.9 SL SC Grad Night at DCA

4. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

I think that will be more than settled by then, the issues were with an injury during off-hours and how safety rigs were set. I'm sure they'll get that figured out.

I remember seeing about that it would be grad nights while we're there. Hopefully that doesn't make it too crowded. I suppose all the FPs and exclusive viewing areas will probably make it all not matter.

5. Lee Disney

Lee Disney Mouseketeer

Grad night? Oh No! I hope it's not too crowded. It's kind of ironic - We're leaving our teenager at home. :rotfl:

6. kgibbler20

kgibbler20 Mouseketeer

So I'm guessing they don't close the park for Grad Night like they used to in Florida?

7. skier_pete

:lmao:

Here's what I could find official about Grad Nite

No specifics, but it looks like the park will be open the normal hours, but then DCA is open extra late for the party. Based on last year after Carsland opened, looks like "regular" hours would be 9AM - midnight for DL and 9 AM - 10 or 11 PM for DCA. Clearly Disney expects a regular showing of World of Color on the 13th because we are scheduled for that. (Interestingly on the sign up form, it shows the 12th and the 14th, but NOT the 13th. Does that mean the 13th is sold out? :confused3)

So, am I the only one that pictures us leaning out the windows of the hotel at 2AM the Grand Californian shouting "Hey you kids, keep it down out there! I'm trying to sleep! And shut off those damn lights!" :rotfl:

8. kgibbler20

kgibbler20 Mouseketeer

I was sad that it was looking like I would miss the Mad T Party but maybe we'll get lucky with Grad Night going on, so it could be a bonus for us!

I will def be hanging out that window tho too! Renting tuxedos like I do during prom season really makes me dislike teenagers and this will only be a few weeks after it all ends. :rotfl:

9. skier_pete

Yeah - not to sound too "old fogie" but teenagers are at their worst (much like vampires) when they are in large free-roaming packs - which is more than likely what we will get there. Good thing we will be getting up so early we will be too tired to be wandering around late at night.

I found a "grad night" thread on the Disneyland forum. Good 'ole Hydroguy provided this:

Last year was the first year they did Grad nights this way, and appears THIS year is the first it will be in DCA. The general consensus is it doesn't really affect daytime crowds to they build into the evening, and the parks STAY crowded much later than they normally would. Bummer for us, but I'm guessing ABD will do everything it can to not disrupt our trip. The fistfuls of fastpasses will probably help too!

10. Disneygrl36

Disneygrl36 Happy DVC member!!!!

Hoping this grad night stuff does not bother our itinerary too much. Probably the biggest impact for us will be the 14th after the adventure ends.

11. Chropistopy

Chropistopy DIS Veteran

I just finished watching the Disneyland trip section of today's podcast. It has me even more excited for this trip...if that is possible!!??!!

12. kgibbler20

kgibbler20 Mouseketeer

I was watching the video and got all teary eyed watching Shawn walk through for the first time. I got so excited to wear my first visit pin!! They didn't have them back when I had my first visit to WDW.?

13. Disneygrl36

Disneygrl36 Happy DVC member!!!!

Me too Christy!

I was a bit teary eyed watching too! There is nothing quite like walking into Walt's park for the first time.

Excited for chat tonight!

14. kgibbler20

kgibbler20 Mouseketeer

CHAT! I'm home sick from work so I can finally join!!!

15. Lee Disney

Lee Disney Mouseketeer

7 weeks from today!!!

16. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Somebody is getting excited. :goodvibes

17. ymxbfalcon

ymxbfalcon Mouseketeer

She's not alone. party:

18. kgibbler20

kgibbler20 Mouseketeer

Has anyone decided on doing the WB tour on Saturday before? I was just curious if anyone was interested in maybe picking the same time slot. I figured I would do one of the later times in the day in case there are flight delays. I don't want to do it on Sunday because we only want to keep the rental car for 24 hours so I figured we would spend Sunday wandering around the Loews hotel area looking for stars and hand prints. And then maybe resting a bit before excitement overload begins. :)

19. Chropistopy

Chropistopy DIS Veteran

How late in the afternoon are the tours offered? Our flight lands at 11:40. I'm thinking 1:30 or 2:00 is the earliest that we'll get to the hotel. I'd be interested in doing the tour but it may be pushing it depending on the times offered.

20. kgibbler20

kgibbler20 Mouseketeer

I did a little looking on their website. It looks like they show a status of "available" until it's more limited availability then they show the number of tickets available. The latest time is 3:45pm that is still showing "available". It's $52 per person and $7 parking. I think I might book that time today for my mom and I.

21. skier_pete

We are going to do that tour early Sunday morning. Our flight doesn't arrive at LAX on 3:20 PM, and even though it's SWA, I simply do not trust any airline to be "on time". Even so, I doubt we could make it over there in time for the tours.

Have you had any luck with the WB web-site? I've tried to book several times, but they won't let me select a "tour group" or "Add to Cart".