2013 Dis Exclusive BackstageMagic Adventure 6/9 - 6/14/13

Discussion in 'DIS Adventures by Disney Trips' started by DisneyKevin, Jun 22, 2012.

1. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

I posted my excitement on Facebook, but I'm sharing it here.

I put myself on the wait list to extend the trip 2 days at the end at DVC at the Grand Californian Villas. If you're not familiar with DVC, any resort that isn't your "home" resort, your booking window is 7 months out.

I called DVC Member Services at the 7 month window and wasn't surprised there were no Studios available. No 1 bedrooms availalble. I asked to be put on two wait lists. One Studio, one 1 BR. I discovered about a week or two ago that the cast member put me on two lists, but both as Studios. I had the cast member change the wait list to my original request.

I really wasn't optimistic, but this morning I noticed that my wait list has come through!! :banana::banana:

So yes, I have a couple nights tacked on in a Studio at the Grand California Villas. Woohoo! I was able to cancel my "safety net" reservation at the Tropicana Inn, and the money can now go against the super-expensive flights to CA I've been seeing. :faint:

I'm very happy that I don't have to move resorts after the trip is over. I have to arrange my own shuttle back to the airport, but it's not like I haven't done that before. :goodvibes

I'm just so excited that I had to share! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Congratulations on that wait-list. Good score! :cool1:

4. starwood

starwood <font color=red>This mouse GOT her next cruise<br>

We were also on the wait list for the last 2 days. It came through about a month ago.

5. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

Good on ya! :thumbsup2 Get the feeling DVC will be full of BSM Disers come June 15th!

6. disneykiwi

disneykiwi Mouseketeer

Thats fantastic - well done :cool1:

Just as aside - Christine and I are big baseball fans (sorry SP - not hockey unfortunately) and cause we are lucky enough to be staying another 10 days we are going to see if we can tickets to a game at the Angels stadium. Fingers crossed we can do it.

7. BriarRosie

Thanks, Jeff!

Same with Melanie and Eric. I had very little hope I'd get anything when I found out the cast member goofed for a couple months! That's what makes me extra excited that it happened.

I hope you mean June 14th, as that's check out day at the regular hotel! I booked the 14th-16th.

Thanks! Hope you get your tickets. :thumbsup2

8. skier_pete

Your only restriction should be assuming they are the home team at some point in those 10 days. Getting tickets for a early season baseball game is not difficult at all unless it's in Boston.

It's a good thing you don't want hockey tickets, as at that point assuming the Ducks or the Kings are still playing, the tickets will be in the $200-500 per person range at a guess.

Yeah, I know that's check out, but since we'll all technically still be there June 14th, I went with the next day in my comment. Seems like we will be one of the few moving over to non-Disney June 14th, but we are also leaving June 15th, so I don't feel too bad. I can handle "roughing it" one day.:goodvibes

9. starwood

Anyone interested in doing the landscaping tour on Saturday? It's 2 hours and sounds interesting.

10. Lee Disney

Lee Disney Mouseketeer

Toni, looks like the Angels 2013 schedule is posted on line. I was hoping the Red Sox might be in town but no, it's the Yankees. :(

Landscaping tour? I'll have to look into that.

11. disneykiwi

disneykiwi Mouseketeer

Wow - thank you so much. I will check that out.

Hate to say it but the Yankees are the team I follow :confused3 so that is so exciting if I can get to see them there. :cool1:

Cheers

12. starwood

13. ymxbfalcon

ymxbfalcon Mouseketeer

It looks like the Angels are playing the Yankees from June 14-16, followed by the Mariners from June 17-20 and the Pirates from June 21-23. By the way, as a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, I'm very excited about the prospect of you cheering for the Yankees and against the team for which Albert Pujols is currently playing - not that I'm bitter about him leaving or anything. :rolleyes:

14. disneykiwi

disneykiwi Mouseketeer

I'm feeling your pain :rotfl:

Crikey - we will be there for all those games - leaving on the 24th. I am spoilt for choice. :cool1: Yankees it is though first and at least there is more if cant get to that game.

Thanks

15. skier_pete

Probably only applies to us, but our flight from Buffalo to LAX on June 8th dropped in price. Saved $35 and 2,100 RR points. Not much, but reduces the cost of our flights to Orlando in the fall.

16. Chropistopy

Chropistopy DIS Veteran

Delta flights dropped in price by ~$40 from Atlanta to LAX! I jumped on it since I've only seen the prices going up the last few weeks. So...flights booked...check!!

17. starwood

Yippee

18. BriarRosie

I was so excited to see the United flights drop, as well. Yep, booked my flights, too! About $100 less than what I've been seeing over the past month or two. I'm so glad that final piece of the planning puzzle is done!

19. ymxbfalcon

ymxbfalcon Mouseketeer

Four months to go... :cool1:

20. Lee Disney

Lee Disney Mouseketeer

4 months from today!!!:banana::banana::banana:

21. ymxbfalcon

ymxbfalcon Mouseketeer

Great minds think alike. :goodvibes