2013 dates

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by buster 101, Aug 22, 2011.

1. KingRichard

KingRichard DIS Veteran

And only on the cruise. Not taxes and fees.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. icemoca

icemoca Earning My Ears

It would be nice if this is a point system. Maybe every 10 cruises, you get one free cruise? :rotfl2:

4. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add, you also run the risk of losing main dining if that's important to you. This happened to us since they basically cancel the old res and create a new one. We were waitlisted & got it but it was stressful not knowing.

5. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Good point. That can be a biggie for some. We were lucky both times that the girl was able to get us the same room -- but you do run the risk of getting a different room assignment, too. But you can still inquire as they will present you with the pricing and get your okay before changing anything.

6. stephe1987

stephe1987 Earning My Ears

That's really interesting to hear that so many people want Main Dining. Our family always prefers late dining, and sometimes you don't even have to be back on the ship until right as the Main Dining starts, or sometimes in the middle of the Main Dining meal. And seeing as we don't bring money to eat dinner off the ship, we always want to be back in time for dinner. Every family is different, I guess. Maybe it's also because our kids are all either teenagers or used to eating a late dinner.

7. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

You're not the 1st west coaster to say that. Maybe it's due to the time change and your internal clock feeling like 5:30 pm EST is really like 2:30 PST for you. Just a guess really.
    I think we'd miss all the shows if we had late dining. That's one of our favorite parts about cruising DCL, dinner then a show. popcorn::

8. ohMom

ohMom Kids Get Arthritis Too! Moderator

can i ask some newbie questions?? :teeth: i've never before been on watch for dates to be released. We are silver, so that entitles me to book before general public, right? how does this work? are we watching on the regular DCL website? or are we waiting for an announcment with itinerary listing? I will book myself, not through TA. I have a dummy reservation that I will be transferring.

TIA and forgive my ignorance!

9. Miz Diz

Miz Diz <font color=darkorchid>I'll give up anything, as l

I think Gold and Platinum normally get to book a few days early for the special itinerary cruises.

10. Annabell

Annabell Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, being silver does not entitle you to book before general public.
    Only gold and platinum members have that privilege !

11. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

If enough of us complained to DCL after they opened the Hawaii bookings to Silver the same day as the general public - we night get an advance booking perk before the next "special" (and probably overpriced) itineraries are announced.

12. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

I thought you could still get to the shows if you have 2nd seating? Don't they have a show at 7 and then dinner is at 8:30?

I am still waiting very impatiently for the Wonder's itineraries....

13. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

The show is usually at 6:00 for those on late dining.

14. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info :) I want to be able to do as much as possible.

15. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

That's not true. We've had late dining for all of our 10 cruises. We love it because it gives us more time in ports, during the day and to get ready. The show is pre-dinner. Sometimes we go to the show in our casuals and then go back to the room to get fancied up for dinner. We've never missed a single show because of late dinner. We've only missed them if we choose to ;) And you won't miss the activities at the Pirate Party either since they have an early and a late one now. We told our servers we wanted to be out by 9:30 and were and saw the whole show. :thumbsup2

16. AlexandNessa

AlexandNessa <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

Disney announced the Magic and Wonder sailings for 2012 in April 2011, right? Do you think we have a 6-month wait till we hear about 2013?

17. Samantha_Mommy

Samantha_Mommy Mouseketeer

Anyone heard anything about the Magic or Wonder for 2013?

18. newbydisney

newbydisney DIS Veteran

No, because I cannot wait that long.

19. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Considering that most cruise lines announce Alaska and Europe sailings in the spring - I wouldn't be surprised if DCL waited to announce the Magic and Wonder's plans until then.

20. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

Still no news.

21. Mineu

Mineu DIS Veteran

I really hope that they don't wait that long to announce Wonder sailings from Galveston-the wait makes me "wonder" if they really will continue sailing from Galveston...:sad2: