2013 dates

As long as the cruise you are re-shopping (already have booked) was not originally booked onboard for the 10% discount and OBC, you can go to the reservation desk and see if you can get good pricing by rebooking it because you'll get a 10% discount and an onboard credit. But be aware that you will be paying market at that time and not original day booking prices. It could be worth it though with the 10% discount you will get and the OBC that applies.

I've done it twice in the past and we basically broke even, but got the extra OBC, so it was worth it.
Just wanted to add, you also run the risk of losing main dining if that's important to you. This happened to us since they basically cancel the old res and create a new one. We were waitlisted & got it but it was stressful not knowing.

Just wanted to add, you also run the risk of losing main dining if that's important to you. This happened to us since they basically cancel the old res and create a new one. We were waitlisted & got it but it was stressful not knowing.

Good point. That can be a biggie for some. We were lucky both times that the girl was able to get us the same room -- but you do run the risk of getting a different room assignment, too. But you can still inquire as they will present you with the pricing and get your okay before changing anything.

That's really interesting to hear that so many people want Main Dining. Our family always prefers late dining, and sometimes you don't even have to be back on the ship until right as the Main Dining starts, or sometimes in the middle of the Main Dining meal. And seeing as we don't bring money to eat dinner off the ship, we always want to be back in time for dinner. Every family is different, I guess. Maybe it's also because our kids are all either teenagers or used to eating a late dinner.

That's really interesting to hear that so many people want Main Dining. Our family always prefers late dining, and sometimes you don't even have to be back on the ship until right as the Main Dining starts, or sometimes in the middle of the Main Dining meal. And seeing as we don't bring money to eat dinner off the ship, we always want to be back in time for dinner. Every family is different, I guess. Maybe it's also because our kids are all either teenagers or used to eating a late dinner.

You're not the 1st west coaster to say that. Maybe it's due to the time change and your internal clock feeling like 5:30 pm EST is really like 2:30 PST for you. Just a guess really.
I think we'd miss all the shows if we had late dining. That's one of our favorite parts about cruising DCL, dinner then a show. popcorn::

can i ask some newbie questions?? :teeth: i've never before been on watch for dates to be released. We are silver, so that entitles me to book before general public, right? how does this work? are we watching on the regular DCL website? or are we waiting for an announcment with itinerary listing? I will book myself, not through TA. I have a dummy reservation that I will be transferring.

TIA and forgive my ignorance!

can i ask some newbie questions?? :teeth: i've never before been on watch for dates to be released. We are silver, so that entitles me to book before general public, right? how does this work? are we watching on the regular DCL website? or are we waiting for an announcment with itinerary listing? I will book myself, not through TA. I have a dummy reservation that I will be transferring.

I think Gold and Platinum normally get to book a few days early for the special itinerary cruises.

Unfortunately, being silver does not entitle you to book before general public.
Only gold and platinum members have that privilege !

Unfortunately, being silver does not entitle you to book before general public.
Only gold and platinum members have that privilege !

If enough of us complained to DCL after they opened the Hawaii bookings to Silver the same day as the general public - we night get an advance booking perk before the next "special" (and probably overpriced) itineraries are announced.

You're not the 1st west coaster to say that. Maybe it's due to the time change and your internal clock feeling like 5:30 pm EST is really like 2:30 PST for you. Just a guess really.
I think we'd miss all the shows if we had late dining. That's one of our favorite parts about cruising DCL, dinner then a show. popcorn::

I thought you could still get to the shows if you have 2nd seating? Don't they have a show at 7 and then dinner is at 8:30?

I am still waiting very impatiently for the Wonder's itineraries....

I thought you could still get to the shows if you have 2nd seating? Don't they have a show at 7 and then dinner is at 8:30?

I am still waiting very impatiently for the Wonder's itineraries....

The show is usually at 6:00 for those on late dining.

That's not true. We've had late dining for all of our 10 cruises. We love it because it gives us more time in ports, during the day and to get ready. The show is pre-dinner. Sometimes we go to the show in our casuals and then go back to the room to get fancied up for dinner. We've never missed a single show because of late dinner. We've only missed them if we choose to ;) And you won't miss the activities at the Pirate Party either since they have an early and a late one now. We told our servers we wanted to be out by 9:30 and were and saw the whole show. :thumbsup2

Disney announced the Magic and Wonder sailings for 2012 in April 2011, right? Do you think we have a 6-month wait till we hear about 2013?

Disney announced the Magic and Wonder sailings for 2012 in April 2011, right? Do you think we have a 6-month wait till we hear about 2013?

Considering that most cruise lines announce Alaska and Europe sailings in the spring - I wouldn't be surprised if DCL waited to announce the Magic and Wonder's plans until then.

I really hope that they don't wait that long to announce Wonder sailings from Galveston-the wait makes me "wonder" if they really will continue sailing from Galveston...:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter