2013 BOOK CHALLENGE! Are you in?

I just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.
I've had it for a couple years and didn't think I'd be able to get into it- a book about racing from the perspective of a dog? :confused3. But it was very very good.

That was book 7 of 50.

:hug:Ok typical me! spent my sunday moring reading when I shoulda been doing chores!

Finished:
contagion-
Was pretty good,was a amazon freebie a few days ago. A flu takes over the world but has been genetically engineered. Theres a nice romance in the book too. I would say 4 outa 5

trauma junkie 4
5 of 5!
Thanksgiving with brian and his crazy sister, a mel suprize and a plane crash!

so 22 out of 50

tinkerbellandeeyor said:
I keep putting off my reading don't know why when it is my favorite thing to do

Maybe you are choosing books that just aren't holding your interest. Maybe ask a librarian at your branch for some suggestions.

Maybe you are choosing books that just aren't holding your interest. Maybe ask a librarian at your branch for some suggestions.

I was having this problem for a while too.

I have FINALLY found a book I am actually into.

I was supposed to post a description of my #3 (STILL on #3...I've been having headaches for the past few days so I haven't really been reading too much even though I like this book!).

Whole Lotta Trouble
- Stephanie Bond

"Three female mystery book editors in Manhattan have personal and professional problems galore--which intersect with one bad-boy agent. When they set out to humiliate their problematic playboy, their plans go horribly awry. The women suddenly realize that when it comes to friendship, flirtation and felony, they're in a WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE!"

Soldier's*Sweeties said:
I was having this problem for a while too.

I have FINALLY found a book I am actually into.

I was supposed to post a description of my #3 (STILL on #3...I've been having headaches for the past few days so I haven't really been reading too much even though I like this book!).

Whole Lotta Trouble- Stephanie Bond

"Three female mystery book editors in Manhattan have personal and professional problems galore--which intersect with one bad-boy agent. When they set out to humiliate their problematic playboy, their plans go horribly awry. The women suddenly realize that when it comes to friendship, flirtation and felony, they're in a WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE!"

What is the title

tinkerbellandeeyor said:
I will see what I can find thank you for the advice

You're welcome. What kind of books do you like to read? Maybe we can offer some specific titles for you to try based on what you like.

kimblebee said:
You're welcome. What kind of books do you like to read? Maybe we can offer some specific titles for you to try based on what you like.

I hate to admit it but I am still catching up in other words young adult working my way up to real books but still young adult

What is the title

It's called Whole Lotta Trouble by Stephanie Bond
I hate to admit it but I am still catching up in other words young adult working my way up to real books but still young adult

There is nothing wrong with that. I think as long as you are reading it doesn't matter what it is!

I'm going to share a little something with you. I developed my love of reading from my father...He has an 8th grade education. He had a horrible childhood. His visits with his grandmother are his best memories. She taught him to read and bought him TONS of comic books.(His choice reading material) HIS father basically made fun of him for reading comics all of the time, but his grandmother told him that if he loves to read, it doesn't matter what it is as long as he's doing it.

40 years later my father STILL reads/collects comics. He has some worth quite a bit of money (#6 Superman;))

He has always told me that it doesn't matter what you read as long as you READ!

BTW...One of my favorite books is considered a CHILDREN'S book. The Giving Tree

Found this on the $3.99 and under list on Amazon. Thought some of you might be interested.

A Small Furry Prayer: Dog Rescue and the Meaning of Life

Steven Kotler

"Steven Kotler was forty years old, single, and facing an existential
crisis when he met Lila, a woman devoted to animal rescue. "Love me,
love my dogs" was her rule, and Steven took it to heart. Spurred to move
by a housing crisis in Los Angeles, Steven, Lila, and their eight
dogs-then ten, then twenty, and then they lost count-bought a
postage-stamp-size farm in Chimayo, New Mexico. A Small Furry Prayer chronicles their adventures at Rancho de Chihuahua, the sanctuary they created for their special needs pack.

While dog rescue is one of the largest underground movements in America, it is also one of the least understood. An insider look at the"cult and culture" of dog rescue, A Small Furry Prayer weaves personal
experience, cultural investigation, and scientific inquiry into a
fast-paced, fun-filled narrative that explores what it means to devote
one's life to the furry and the four-legged. Along the way, Kotler combs
through every aspect of canine-human relations, from humans' long
history with dogs through brand-new research into the neuroscience of
canine companionship, in the end discovering why living in a world made
of dog may be the best way to uncover the truth about what it really
means to be human. "

Soldier's*Sweeties said:
It's called Whole Lotta Trouble by Stephanie Bond

There is nothing wrong with that. I think as long as you are reading it doesn't matter what it is!

I'm going to share a little something with you. I developed my love of reading from my father...He has an 8th grade education. He had a horrible childhood. His visits with his grandmother are his best memories. She taught him to read and bought him TONS of comic books.(His choice reading material) HIS father basically made fun of him for reading comics all of the time, but his grandmother told him that if he loves to read, it doesn't matter what it is as long as he's doing it.

40 years later my father STILL reads/collects comics. He has some worth quite a bit of money (#6 Superman;))

He has always told me that it doesn't matter what you read as long as you READ!

BTW...One of my favorite books is considered a CHILDREN'S book. The Giving Tree

I love the giving tree

In my case it is funny my boss represents a company can't say last time got points any way discovered I have light sensitivity and was given special glasses last October and it has helped a lot so I am re reading books and learning vocabulary most picked up as kids, or teens and the tablet helps a lot with that because I can read online and not only make the font the way I need it but also look up words easer

Soldier's*Sweeties said:
Found this on the $3.99 and under list on Amazon. Thought some of you might be interested.

A Small Furry Prayer: Dog Rescue and the Meaning of Life

Steven Kotler

"Steven Kotler was forty years old, single, and facing an existential
crisis when he met Lila, a woman devoted to animal rescue. "Love me,
love my dogs" was her rule, and Steven took it to heart. Spurred to move
by a housing crisis in Los Angeles, Steven, Lila, and their eight
dogs-then ten, then twenty, and then they lost count-bought a
postage-stamp-size farm in Chimayo, New Mexico. A Small Furry Prayer chronicles their adventures at Rancho de Chihuahua, the sanctuary they created for their special needs pack.

While dog rescue is one of the largest underground movements in America, it is also one of the least understood. An insider look at the"cult and culture" of dog rescue, A Small Furry Prayer weaves personal
experience, cultural investigation, and scientific inquiry into a
fast-paced, fun-filled narrative that explores what it means to devote
one's life to the furry and the four-legged. Along the way, Kotler combs
through every aspect of canine-human relations, from humans' long
history with dogs through brand-new research into the neuroscience of
canine companionship, in the end discovering why living in a world made
of dog may be the best way to uncover the truth about what it really
means to be human. "

Might have to read that next right now I am reading Christy Miller not sure if any of you heard of her she is a teenager who looks to live a God filled life

I saw your post :rotfl:...I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.

I started to read it last year but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll see the movie and THEN try again.

.....well, it wasn't like I wanted a 'happy ending'....I just wanted the movie to be true to the book...:confused3 :sad1:

.....I hate when I read a book and my pre-conceived ideas get blown away by a movie.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!