2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd probably get back the cost of the card after your first five uses if it is just two of you. If you don't eat at a sit-down restaurant much, then it would not be worth it. But if you do sit-downs, it's a huge savings over 13 months.

Yes, it is just the two of us. We would probably get back the cost on the first trip but not much more. We don't buy very many alcoholic beverages, so it would mostly be food purchases. One of us would have to buy an annual pass, too. I almost hate to commit any actual money to a future trip, though. Getting a room only reservation and then buying park tickets at check in is my version of trip insurance. :)

At least I have some time to think about it. ;)

Travel Day!!!!:drive::cool1::drive::cool1:

Tomorrow I will be posting live from Disney!

We are planning on doing the TiW (there will be 2 visits and 6 people) so I know we will get our monies worth.

It has been so long since I took an under 10 year old, that I am so enjoying just watching her read the Disney World book I got her and her making her ride list. 5 days is not going to be enough, but then it never is to me.

Disney lover Judy ps we did get the Belle dress done, so Zoey has 10 outfits for 5 days!
BC CL SV (starting tomorrow)
pixiedust:

One little trick for a "poor man's" mimosa- beer and any sort of lemon-lime soda (sprite, slice, 7-up, etc)

Dee- fyi - one of the DIS mods put me in what appears to be the equivalent of a "time out" I give my son, for even asking about the special discount for YC. So please nobody else post about this- and I apologize in advance if anyone else gets or got "punished". I got "30 points" - not quite what that means exactly, and how long those points last?[/

Me too, the thread was about finding a deal with in the persons budget. I tried to help because we have an awesome deal. I got 30 points. I was only trying to help. I'm a stay at home mom, my husband is a bread winning in our household. I understand stand every penny counts.

Sorry you got in trouble, but you have a friend with you "in time out" :hug:

We have had some family issues over the weekend my gram is in the hospital. Man does this thread move fast! So hard to decide read "the inferno" or BC/YC thread guess who won! :badpc:

Dee- we have a slight change in dates... we are taking 2 days off our reservation( for a happy reason) we are now 7/2-7/8 BC GV - just applied the AP discount:cool1:

For those of you considering getting the dining plan, I highly recommend looking into Tables in Wonderland instead. I really think if you do the math and if you really consider what you would order for your meals if you were NOT on the dining plan (would you order dessert at your QS and TS meals every time?), you'll find you will save more money with Tables. And it's for 13 months. Of course to get it, you have to either be a Vacation Club Member, annual passholder (one of you), a CM, or a Florida resident.

You are so right about TIW. It has saved DH and I loads of $$

I'm also really considering the Tables in Wonderland card. I see on the list of places you can use it that it lists some lounges like the one in Poly. My question is, can it be used if you go to the lounge for just drinks and apps?? or do you have to order a full meal?

We often use it at the Crew Cup lounge for just drinks or drinks and something small to snack on ;)

We are planning on doing the TiW (there will be 2 visits and 6 people) so I know we will get our monies worth.

It has been so long since I took an under 10 year old, that I am so enjoying just watching her read the Disney World book I got her and her making her ride list. 5 days is not going to be enough, but then it never is to me.

Disney lover Judy ps we did get the Belle dress done, so Zoey has 10 outfits for 5 days!
pixiedust:

Have fun:woohoo: Can't wait for the live report

Yes, it is just the two of us. We would probably get back the cost on the first trip but not much more. We don't buy very many alcoholic beverages, so it would mostly be food purchases. One of us would have to buy an annual pass, too. I almost hate to commit any actual money to a future trip, though. Getting a room only reservation and then buying park tickets at check in is my version of trip insurance. :)

At least I have some time to think about it. ;)

When you have the TIW card- an 18% gratuity is automatically added to your bill.
I made the mistake of not looking at the bill and I added another 20% to the total. The waitress told me about this, which I was very thankful for. We ended up leaving her a 25% tip overall.

Dee- one more thing...can you add me and DH to the list for the 4th annual meet

pixiedust:

Have a GREAT time!!!:banana::banana::banana:

The best restaurant at WDW in Bob's, Jeanne's and my opinion is Artist Point. And whatever you do, have the berry cobbler for dessert. I don't even like cobbler. But don't even try to get in between me and Artist Point's cobbler ... it wouldn't be pretty. Bob says it's the best steak at WDW. I love their chicken. Jeanne loves ALL their seafood. She says it's as good as any of the fine dining places in Vegas.

DH & I have eaten here twice...once on our honeymoon and another time...AND we get to go there to celebrate our (late) anniversary!!!

So excited :)

I agree with you about Yachtsman ... up and down. And when it's good, it's really really really good!!

The best restaurant at WDW in Bob's, Jeanne's and my opinion is Artist Point. And whatever you do, have the berry cobbler for dessert. I don't even like cobbler. But don't even try to get in between me and Artist Point's cobbler ... it wouldn't be pretty. Bob says it's the best steak at WDW. I love their chicken. Jeanne loves ALL their seafood. She says it's as good as any of the fine dining places in Vegas.

Where is Artist Point located? 13 days until I make my ADR's and I'm all over the place!!

Where is Artist Point located? 13 days until I make my ADR's and I'm all over the place!!

It's at the Wilderness Lodge. I've always heard so many great things about it. I think DH and I need to go there on October. The WL is beautiful. My family stayed there back in 2005 but we only ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Kerry

It's at the Wilderness Lodge. I've always heard so many great things about it. I think DH and I need to go there on October. The WL is beautiful. My family stayed there back in 2005 but we only ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Kerry

I have never been there, so I just might have to do that!!

Hi Everyone,

We will be leaving for our vacation in 25 days. Staying at The Beach Club
Woo Hoo !

Can you all tell me what is a good tip for Mousekeeping? Should I leave an envelope daily with something. Just curious what most people do.

Also for Club Level if I bring a gift from home for the lounge CM's How many should I bring and when do you give them their gifts at the end of the trip or the beginning? Again just curious.

Thank you :)

And, unfortunately talking with my DS (11) about the offerings at Artist Point and thinking of my less than adventurous sister and my DD who eats like a bird, Artist Point is out!! Shoot!!

Hello Beach Club Friends,

Haven't posted in awhile but have been reading our thread daily. Love, love, love all the current trip reports. I've been waiting for another day to open up for club level and it did today, so I added a day! We had to move to standard view, so I'm nervous about that, but I'll just cross my fingers that all goes well.
Dee, our new dates are 6/28-7/7.

Can anyone give me some feedback on SVCL rooms? I asked for a full balcony and daybed, not knowing anything about room configurations or views other than parking lot or roof top. After having looked at the photo thread, some of the SVCL room views actually don't look that bad to me.

Teena and Robyn, I'm thinking we won't make the Disers meet, as we'll be on the road before the roosters crow on 7/7, but looking forward to meeting you all at the resort!

We will be staying at BC next week. It's our first time staying there and we are so excited!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

pixiedust:

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We will be staying at BC next week. It's our first time staying there and we are so excited!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

:banana::banana::banana:

Hi, everyone. :wave2:

We just checked into the YC. First time staying here, and so far we love it. We're in a GV CL room -- it overlooks a center courtyard, view straight ahead is of BC, turn to the right and it's the lake. Nice clear view of Eiffel Tower, too, so guessing we'll be able to see fireworks from our balcony. :thumbsup2

Weather is overcast and humid but actually not very hot. Guess that's the plus side of a rainy forecast. ;)

I didn't post much on this thread, but truly appreciate all the info it contains. I feel like I already know the resort even though I've never stayed here. :goodvibes Thanks!

Hello Beach Club Friends,

Haven't posted in awhile but have been reading our thread daily. Love, love, love all the current trip reports. I've been waiting for another day to open up for club level and it did today, so I added a day! We had to move to standard view, so I'm nervous about that, but I'll just cross my fingers that all goes well.
Dee, our new dates are 6/28-7/7.

Can anyone give me some feedback on SVCL rooms? I asked for a full balcony and daybed, not knowing anything about room configurations or views other than parking lot or roof top. After having looked at the photo thread, some of the SVCL room views actually don't look that bad to me.

Teena and Robyn, I'm thinking we won't make the Disers meet, as we'll be on the road before the roosters crow on 7/7, but looking forward to meeting you all at the resort!

We stayed in a svcl at BC last summer, it had a daybed and balcony. The view straight out was roof top looking to the left was SAB... We were really pleased with it! I will dig up a couple pictures to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter