2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Yes, it is just the two of us. We would probably get back the cost on the first trip but not much more. We don't buy very many alcoholic beverages, so it would mostly be food purchases. One of us would have to buy an annual pass, too. I almost hate to commit any actual money to a future trip, though. Getting a room only reservation and then buying park tickets at check in is my version of trip insurance. :)

At least I have some time to think about it. ;)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Judyfun

Judyfun Mouseketeer

Travel Day!!!!:drive::cool1::drive::cool1:

Tomorrow I will be posting live from Disney!

We are planning on doing the TiW (there will be 2 visits and 6 people) so I know we will get our monies worth.

It has been so long since I took an under 10 year old, that I am so enjoying just watching her read the Disney World book I got her and her making her ride list. 5 days is not going to be enough, but then it never is to me.

Disney lover Judy ps we did get the Belle dress done, so Zoey has 10 outfits for 5 days!
    BC CL SV (starting tomorrow)
    pixiedust:

4. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

5. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

Dee- we have a slight change in dates... we are taking 2 days off our reservation( for a happy reason) we are now 7/2-7/8 BC GV - just applied the AP discount:cool1:

You are so right about TIW. It has saved DH and I loads of $$

We often use it at the Crew Cup lounge for just drinks or drinks and something small to snack on ;)

Have fun:woohoo: Can't wait for the live report

6. cocoabean1

cocoabean1 Mouseketeer

When you have the TIW card- an 18% gratuity is automatically added to your bill.
    I made the mistake of not looking at the bill and I added another 20% to the total. The waitress told me about this, which I was very thankful for. We ended up leaving her a 25% tip overall.

7. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

Dee- one more thing...can you add me and DH to the list for the 4th annual meet

8. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Have a GREAT time!!!:banana::banana::banana:

9. Simba's Girl

Simba's Girl DIS Veteran

DH & I have eaten here twice...once on our honeymoon and another time...AND we get to go there to celebrate our (late) anniversary!!!

So excited :)

10. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

Where is Artist Point located? 13 days until I make my ADR's and I'm all over the place!!

11. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

Artist Point.... Wilderness Lodge Resort!

12. LovintheLodge

LovintheLodge DIS Veteran

It's at the Wilderness Lodge. I've always heard so many great things about it. I think DH and I need to go there on October. The WL is beautiful. My family stayed there back in 2005 but we only ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Kerry

13. magicalmoments4

I have never been there, so I just might have to do that!!

14. flafan

flafan Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone,

We will be leaving for our vacation in 25 days. Staying at The Beach Club
    Woo Hoo !

Can you all tell me what is a good tip for Mousekeeping? Should I leave an envelope daily with something. Just curious what most people do.

Also for Club Level if I bring a gift from home for the lounge CM's How many should I bring and when do you give them their gifts at the end of the trip or the beginning? Again just curious.

Thank you :)

15. magicalmoments4

And, unfortunately talking with my DS (11) about the offerings at Artist Point and thinking of my less than adventurous sister and my DD who eats like a bird, Artist Point is out!! Shoot!!

16. dfarner

dfarner I married my Prince Charming.

Hello Beach Club Friends,

Haven't posted in awhile but have been reading our thread daily. Love, love, love all the current trip reports. I've been waiting for another day to open up for club level and it did today, so I added a day! We had to move to standard view, so I'm nervous about that, but I'll just cross my fingers that all goes well.
    Dee, our new dates are 6/28-7/7.

Can anyone give me some feedback on SVCL rooms? I asked for a full balcony and daybed, not knowing anything about room configurations or views other than parking lot or roof top. After having looked at the photo thread, some of the SVCL room views actually don't look that bad to me.

Teena and Robyn, I'm thinking we won't make the Disers meet, as we'll be on the road before the roosters crow on 7/7, but looking forward to meeting you all at the resort!

17. Kaler131

Kaler131 DIS Veteran

We will be staying at BC next week. It's our first time staying there and we are so excited!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

18. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

:banana::banana::banana:

19. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Be ready to fall in love :thumbsup2

20. bowbat

bowbat DIS Veteran

Hi, everyone. :wave2:

We just checked into the YC. First time staying here, and so far we love it. We're in a GV CL room -- it overlooks a center courtyard, view straight ahead is of BC, turn to the right and it's the lake. Nice clear view of Eiffel Tower, too, so guessing we'll be able to see fireworks from our balcony. :thumbsup2

Weather is overcast and humid but actually not very hot. Guess that's the plus side of a rainy forecast. ;)

I didn't post much on this thread, but truly appreciate all the info it contains. I feel like I already know the resort even though I've never stayed here. :goodvibes Thanks!

21. lov2b@disney

lov2b@disney DIS Veteran

We stayed in a svcl at BC last summer, it had a daybed and balcony. The view straight out was roof top looking to the left was SAB... We were really pleased with it! I will dig up a couple pictures to post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.