2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our BC/YC friends posted a couple of weeks ago about getting theirs.....and I thought maybe Disney forgot about me.

I activated our AP's on June 7th, so it took almost a month to get mine!!

Maybe yours will arrive in the next few weeks :)

Some of our BC/YC friends posted a couple of weeks ago about getting theirs.....and I thought maybe Disney forgot about me.

I activated our AP's on June 7th, so it took almost a month to get mine!!

Maybe yours will arrive in the next few weeks :)

We activated our vouchers on June 12th and received ours yesterday. I'm afraid to put it one of our cars because someone might take it, so it has a place of honor on our refrigerator!

Re the dryer idea: You people are a brilliant bunch of lushes! Any excuse to find a way into the laundry room to enjoy a cocktail!

Re the annual pass magnets: I think Disney is rolling them out slowly for existing AP holders, and then from what I'm hearing, the new sign ups are getting them a lot quicker. I wonder if this is because the older pass holders are closer to their expiration date than the newer pass holders. You know how those bean counters at Disney can be about saving a buck!

~NM

Maybe because mine is expiring in late August? Apparently I'm chopped liver.

Is this where I pout?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am so happy to ready this about the no "Mickey mail"! My DH thought that we might be getting "scammed" since we are also going in under that great deal and were told that we would not be getting Mickey Mail either...He was worried we'd show up at the YC and be told we had no reservation...:rolleyes:

We are 40 days away...hoping for some luggage tags soon!

This is us too...my DH still can't quite believe it and keeps asking me if I'm sure we have a reservation. He's a cynic.

Glad to hear we should be expecting something in the mail, if not the usual Mickey Mail (I will miss that). That will be my "proof" since apparently showing him our reservation on the Disney website wasn't quite good enough. :confused3

43 days away for us! :goodvibes

I am so happy to ready this about the no "Mickey mail"! My DH thought that we might be getting "scammed" since we are also going in under that great deal and were told that we would not be getting Mickey Mail either...He was worried we'd show up at the YC and be told we had no reservation...:rolleyes:

We are 40 days away...hoping for some luggage tags soon!
I wonder if we will get DME stuff since we are just using it to return to MCO. We will be in Florida 10 days before we make it up to wdw. I have in past years, but so far nothing.

Finally received my AP Magnet!!! I'm as proud as a new momma :lmao:
Congrats!
Re the dryer idea: You people are a brilliant bunch of lushes! Any excuse to find a way into the laundry room to enjoy a cocktail!

Re the annual pass magnets: I think Disney is rolling them out slowly for existing AP holders, and then from what I'm hearing, the new sign ups are getting them a lot quicker. I wonder if this is because the older pass holders are closer to their expiration date than the newer pass holders. You know how those bean counters at Disney can be about saving a buck!

~NM
I'm an old AP holder, mine exp. about 4 days into our Aug trip, but so far zip, nada, no mag for me :(

Is this where I pout?

I'm chopped liver right along with ya! :worried: here's my pout!!

Hey everybody. Getting back up to speed after going down with PC problems. NM will be proud (close your ears Dee) that I have now crossed over to that other computer system. Still trying to get my feet wet and feel my around this thing.

Dee. You may already have read this info but it is a great rundown on MagicBands. (Some reason I always think of the Grateful Dead when they say this. Just sayin.....) I'm sure we will see test and soft roll ins as this progresses.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...ll-work-when-it-goes-live-later-this-year.htm

Congrats, you'll never go back to a PC!! And they have great support, and classes. I recommend getting the Apple Care, ESP if its your first! Worth it fir tec support alone.

Is this where I pout?

I say you call them and Demand a magnet.................or you will cancel the December trip :lmao:

I got bumped so I am back... Well bad to stay at YC for a couple of nights no room at BC . Anywhoo when I was asked if I was William g to be bumped I said heck yeah . Don't fly out until Wednesday night. Yeah

You were at the airport and got bumped off your flight :confused3

~NM

You may be onto something there........last night DH asked me what I was most looking forward to for this trip? All that came to mind was: Sunken Treasure, Grey Goose Slushy, Sangria from Via Napoli, Beer in Germany............you should have seen his face!!! I don't think that was the answer he was expecting ;)

You were at the airport and got bumped off your flight :confused3

here is what I think REALLY happened: She was sitting at SAB, having her usual Hurricane Hannah's lunch of grilled tuna, when she decided to order yet another Sunken Treasure. After downing it, she called the airline and BEGGED to be bumped off the flight...........just so happens the flight was overbooked and she got her wish. :lmao:

Our family will be at the YC August 5-10th. This is our first stay at YC and our first to do a CL anywhere, so we are really looking forward to it!

The YC is a great place to stay. We have stayed at BC also. We just got back from the YC CL and I have to say I think the CL is better at the BC. We were there in April. Besides it being larger and newer I felt the offerings were better. YC kept running out of food and then bringing out other things that were not as good as what they ran out of. Believe me I don't use the food as a substitute for dinner just a snack to hold me over. I feel that compared to other resorts CL that I have seen on the boards YC and BC should step up a bit. Aside from this I LOVE staying at YC or BC. You will have a great time. We have been staying at this resort of over 20 years and have no intention of changing just because of the CL.

It's a water bottle that filters as you drink it. They're BPA and phthalate free, as well as lightweight and pretty inexpensive ($7-$10 for the small one). Since the filters come in different colors, each of my family members got their own color to avoid the "That's MINE!" bickering. Here's a link to the product page on Target's website:
http://www.target.com/p/bobble-water-bottle-18-5-oz/-/A-13272898

When we get cups of iced water from quick-service placed in the parks, we put the water into the Bobble to eliminate the icky Florida water taste. Each filter is good for about 300 refills.

^^^^^^This is exactly what we do. On checkout day, we swim all day, and an hour before DME is scheduled to pick us up, we change into dry clothes. All the wet swimsuits get tossed into one giant Ziploc and jammed into someone's carry-on. I've never had anyone at TSA give us a hard time about the soggy bag of stuff. Just remember to take all the stuff out of the bag as soon as you get home, or you'll regret it! :crazy2:
Thanks for the info!

Good morning! Congrats to everyone about to embark on a WDW vacation! :goodvibes

~NM

I take offense to this. I am NOT a lush. I'd be glad to list all the reasons this is offensive, but I must hurry out to a martini lunch.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter