2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Update: He's still very swollen and red (neck) but today he's up and walking around. Yesterday he was in bed 90% of the day and evening. Hopefully tomorrow the swelling and redness will be less!

Thought I was boring folks. All it takes to spur me on is one request. Here ya go! :cool2:

Never boring!! It's just whetting my appetite for YC in August!!

By the way, the Sorin I was telling you about is finally opening this weekend :banana: I think they are calling it Fly over Canada or something. Super excited!

Just did my online check in for YC! 58 days to go. This trip, we're going to hit all the TS on the Boardwalk. Checking a bunch of new ones off our list...

57 days for us!! :banana: We're trying out a bunch of new restaurants this trip to, with being so close to WS! We've haven't been able to get past Mexico/Norway or UK with the kids in past trips, now they won't have a choice! :laughing:

57 days for us!! :banana: We're trying out a bunch of new restaurants this trip to, with being so close to WS! We've haven't been able to get past Mexico/Norway or UK with the kids in past trips, now they won't have a choice! :laughing:

Which ones are you trying? My favorites? Teppan Edo and although not in WS, Artist Point?

Bob Update: He's still very swollen and red (neck) but today he's up and walking around. Yesterday he was in bed 90% of the day and evening. Hopefully tomorrow the swelling and redness will be less!

That's fantastic news!!!!! He will be up and running by beach time :)

So glad to hear Bobs improving. :goodvibes I have been keeping you both in my prayers. Please keep the updates coming!

As I reported in my BC review a few pages ago, I received a bad case of food poisoning from the duck at the Brown Derby. My husband keeps asking me to contact Disney to report it. My vacation is lost, so I can't get it back. Do you think I should contact Disney about it? Or should I forget it? I don't expect Disney to do anything about it. Not sure if I report it that it would prevent anyone else from suffering the same fate. If I do want to report it, who would I contact?

You can always report it.. but i'll tell you DD and my experience a few years ago. We were staying CL AKL celebrating DD's 24th Birthday. 2nd day there we went to MK EMH rode lots of rides ending with the Tea Cups! We had a later breakfast reservation at her favorite Crystal Palace... everything tasted fine.. and then about 2 o'clock I started to feel not so good and then at like 4 o'clock she started to feel not so good. Mind you we were in a studio :thumbsup2 For the next 5 days we were in the room dying... I had to have IPO cancel so many reservations and we took home 8 bottles of wine because we were on the wine and dine plan!! I told IPO we had eaten at Crystal Palace and thought we both probably had food poisoning since I NEVER get sick like that. The reply was we are so sorry. So that vacation was pretty much a wash and we haven't been back to Crystal Palace since :) Neither of us can bring ourselves to go back there!! I'm sure when there are small children we will return, but for now we both take a pass!!

~N

I am going to PM my cell/text info to you.

I wonder how many people I can randomly run into during our trip before my family figures out that these are planned meetings!

:rotfl2:

Here's our agenda on July 16.

Checking into BC around 11-ish.

Heading over to MK. Lunch at CHH.

Monorail over to EP in late afternoon (4-ish)

Back to BC or directly to dinner at La Hacienda at 6:30.

Let me know if any of those times/places work.

Hmmmm... We could meet up for a Margarita or Grey Goose Slushie and watch Illuminations together if that is not too late for you.

:rotfl:

Now I'm seriously craving a margarita or slushie (with the BC fans of course!)

Be impulsive!!! Plan a trip plan a trip!!! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 ~N

Sooooo darn tempting.

My impulsive decision was to go to Fort Myers on July 6-11. Close, but not quite what I need to make this meet up happen.

You will have to provide live trip report pics, so I can live through you!

Sooooo darn tempting.

My impulsive decision was to go to Fort Myers on July 6-11. Close, but not quite what I need to make this meet up happen.

You will have to provide live trip report pics, so I can live through you!

Darn!! You are so close!! (not really!!) My brother lives in Ft. Myers...

I will try to post daily while there!!

~N

Were checking into the Beach Club this sunday! Wow! that's only 3 days away! Were really excited its been 5 years since weve been to the YC/BC :cool1:

Well we are here now at POR, checking in at BC tomorrow morning. My hubby and girls STILL don't know we are staying there. Funny story...I just paid $16 for a beer and a mixed drink. When I handed hubby the receipt he said, "At this rate we could've stayed club level again.". HAHA!!! We are!!:rotfl:

I finally took some time and read the BE Our Guest List....geez, August seems to be VERY popular. I am a little worried that is is going to be jam packed when we arrive.
We've only stayed at a value in late Aug before, so will BC be just as crowded as a value would be? Just curious.

We ended up staying at three different resorts, ending up at Beach Club. It was as amazing as I remember.
We drove straight through from Virginia so I made a reservation from the road for the a Little Mermaid room but was pixie dusted into a Cars suite. Then we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for 4 nights then on to Beach Club for 5 nights.
Three sets of KTTWs!

I loved our location room 3610 close to the lobby, which was my only request. I loved the Juliet balcony, didn't miss a larger one at all. The weather was great only one really rainy night at POR. I wouldn't hesitate to book another June trip.
Thanks for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I used the secret door all the time!

Teena- I am so glad to hear that Bob is okay. It is so hard to be the loved one who isn't the patient. It was really nice talking with you. You really do make the Beach Club a special place.
Elizabeth

We ended up staying at three different resorts, ending up at Beach Club. It was as amazing as I remember.
We drove straight through from Virginia so I made a reservation from the road for the a Little Mermaid room but was pixie dusted into a Cars suite. Then we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for 4 nights then on to Beach Club for 5 nights.
Three sets of KTTWs!

I loved our location room 3610 close to the lobby, which was my only request. I loved the Juliet balcony, didn't miss a larger one at all. The weather was great only one really rainy night at POR. I wouldn't hesitate to book another June trip.
Thanks for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I used the secret door all the time!

Teena- I am so glad to hear that Bob is okay. It is so hard to be the loved one who isn't the patient. It was really nice talking with you. You really do make the Beach Club a special place.
Elizabeth

It was all my pleasure meeting you!!!! So glad you had a super vacation! Hurry back!

I am going to PM my cell/text info to you.

I wonder how many people I can randomly run into during our trip before my family figures out that these are planned meetings!

:rotfl2:

Here's our agenda on July 16.

Checking into BC around 11-ish.

Heading over to MK. Lunch at CHH.

Monorail over to EP in late afternoon (4-ish)

Back to BC or directly to dinner at La Hacienda at 6:30.

Let me know if any of those times/places work.

Hmmmm... We could meet up for a Margarita or Grey Goose Slushie and watch Illuminations together if that is not too late for you.

Hey! I think Hubby and I will be lunching at CHH on July 16th!

We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and, if I remember correctly, the lunch stop is at CHH!

I can see my husband cringing as I stop at every table to ask, "Are you the Beach Club lady?". :rotfl2:

The email didn't specify if it was forever or just in July. But reading between the lines, this goes hand in hand with them cutting back evening EMH hours a parks down to 2 .
Seems like, but yet prices keep going up!
... and no PM EMH at AK as well as reducing the number EMH nights at MK.

This must be the year for trying a Disney waterpark! There are a few of us on this thread going to one for the first time here soon. I too have no idea what to expect works for our family but hope for the best!
I loved AK at night! PM EMH there was discontinued a couple ? of years ago.

We love the wdw water parks. The theming is just as amazing as at the parks.

Just heard from Teena- Bob is good to go!!! He will be released today. He has some restrictions for lifting and he can't drive, but they are still on for their trip to Newport Beach in a couple of weeks.
Woohoo!

I think I would literally PASS OUT if DH ever planned a trip for us. he wouldn't even know where to start!!

Kudos to you for having a DH "In the Know"!!
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter