2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in BCV 2BR villa with 2 queen beds - room 441. I'll also post these on the room-view thread, but here they are. Trying to look left off the balcony, Illuminations fireworks were completely blocked by the building.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :lovestruc I love those pictures. We used to exit through a door at the bottom of the stairs for our shortcut to Epcot. That is a nice section of the Villas because it isn't close to the road there.

We were in a 2BR villa that had two queen beds. Someone told me I was wrong, that all the studios had one queen and a sleeper sofa. I am so glad that you confirmed my memory of having two queen beds in the second bedroom. :)

I just saw this and LOVED it. Thanks for making me laugh out loud in my cubicle!

OMG I just snorted out loud!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: I needed this advice last year when I got attacked at SAB by crazy chair hogs!!! I need to go find that story and relive the insanity of it. ;)

I've been a lurker on here for a while and I must say this great thread has helped me make up my mind: We will be at the Beach Club June 2014. I was waffling between BC and Poly and I have to go with BC. It looks fabulous.
It will be me, DH, DS11, DS9 and DD6 (ages for next year).

I would like any tips on room requests. We would like to be maybe partway between being close to Epcot and close to the main lobby. I would probably book garden view unless I save up enough to do the upgrade to Lagoon. Any suggestions.
Are there any maps of room numbers and categories/locations out there? I haven't been able to find it if there are.
How is the bus situation in early June to MK and AK? I have heard that BC shares with all the Epcot resorts and I have heard that it only shares with YC.
Thanks so much, I get so excited looking at all the great photos. Any and all suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. :yay:

In the description of the Beach Club it lists two lounges, the Rip Tide and Martha's Vineyard sounds like a couple hidden gems. Where are they located? :confused3

I've been a lurker on here for a while and I must say this great thread has helped me make up my mind: We will be at the Beach Club June 2014. I was waffling between BC and Poly and I have to go with BC. It looks fabulous.

I would like any tips on room requests. We would like to be maybe partway between being close to Epcot and close to the main lobby. I would probably book garden view unless I save up enough to do the upgrade to Lagoon. Any suggestions.
Are there any maps of room numbers and categories/locations out there? I haven't been able to find it if there are.
How is the bus situation in early June to MK and AK? I have heard that BC shares with all the Epcot resorts and I have heard that it only shares with YC.
Thanks so much, I get so excited looking at all the great photos. Any and all suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. :yay:

To request the location you are talking about, I would request "close to quiet pool or volleyball court". That should keep you on that end of the resort, rather than being close to the YC.

I was just looking up the info for shipping packages to the resort and noticed the info here is a little different than the sticky for general shipping to all resorts. The sticky says NOT to use USPS but here it says only to use USPS. They also addressed it slightly different but I imagine that doesn't really matter (leading with resort name vs guest name and reservation # c/o....)

Anyone ship packages recently? Which method did ou use to ship?

The last resort stop in the morning for both MK and AK is the BC. I haven't been there in June, but when we have been there the last few years, we mostly shared with the YC.

On the way back from the parks, the bus stops at BC last. Many times we've avoided the longer return bus ride by going from AK and MK to Epcot first, then walking through it, enjoying some of our favorite stops on the way. :)

Since you don't have to take a bus to Epcot and HS, I don't consider the bus situation to be too bad. :goodvibes I really, really, really missed being able to walk to two parks when we stayed at WL.

Hello all my fellow BC/YC crazies!!

I'm happy to be back on the DIS after quite a long sabbatical. My wife and I found out on January 26th that our 11 year old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. As you can imagine this was a huge shock and a kick in the stomach to all of us and for the last 2 and a half months have been dealing with all that comes with her condition.

Though I haven't had time to post I have briefly lurked around and I have to say that the few minutes here and there on the site has done as much as anything else to keep me sane. T1D can be overwhelming at times, especially when it hits your beautiful, young 11 year old, so any break from reality has helped.

I wouldn't say that things have gotten easier but I do feel like I may be able to visit more often and actually start to post again. As my wife and I have said, we have never needed a trip to our beloved BC more than now. August seems like eons away and this trip will certainly not be as care free as past trips given everything that now encompases our day to day routine, but we need it and can't wait for it more than ever before.

Just wanted to say hello and let you all know that you have all inadvertently helped me through this difficult time by allowing me to read your posts and dream about the BC. I can't thank you enough. Hopefully I can start to contribute again and join the cause!!

Jay

Lots of the standard view rooms overlook a roof and are on the third and fourth floor. More of the views are roof views than parking lot views.

Thanks Teena! We won't be in our room that much, and if we are it would be at night. I requested a full balcony, so my dh and I can unwind at night with a glass of wine! I guess the view doesn't matter if it's night time!

I'm happy to be back on the DIS after quite a long sabbatical. My wife and I found out on January 26th that our 11 year old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. As you can imagine this was a huge shock and a kick in the stomach to all of us and for the last 2 and a half months have been dealing with all that comes with her condition.

Though I haven't had time to post I have briefly lurked around and I have to say that the few minutes here and there on the site has done as much as anything else to keep me sane. T1D can be overwhelming at times, especially when it hits your beautiful, young 11 year old, so any break from reality has helped.

I wouldn't say that things have gotten easier but I do feel like I may be able to visit more often and actually start to post again. As my wife and I have said, we have never needed a trip to our beloved BC more than now. August seems like eons away and this trip will certainly not be as care free as past trips given everything that now encompases our day to day routine, but we need it and can't wait for it more than ever before.

Just wanted to say hello and let you all know that you have all inadvertently helped me through this difficult time by allowing me to read your posts and dream about the BC. I can't thank you enough. Hopefully I can start to contribute again and join the cause!!

Jay

Welcome back Jay!!!! Sorry to hear about your DD, I'm sure it must be hard on you and your wife, as well as her adjusting to her routine

I think the BC is just what you need!!!!

Happy Planning, looking forward to more posts from you :)

We do early June all the time. YC & BC share buses to MK, with BC last. They share with all 5 to DTD. In non peak time all 5 share to AK, but not at park opening or closing, IIRC. I believe it's just YC & BC then.

Jay

Welcome back, Jay. Sorry to hear your news. Yes, you need a trip!!

Here are just a few more photos from my trip.

2013WDW-Mar21MagicKingdom167_zps80239913.jpg

2013WDW-Mar21MagicKingdom164_zps405ac49d.jpg

2013WDW-Mar21MagicKingdom163_zps8cb0fb60.jpg

2013WDW-Mar20BCV019_zps2bb57c87.jpg

2013WDW-Mar21MagicKingdom199_zps10b6052c.jpg

2013WDW-Mar21MagicKingdom196_zps1a73cf00.jpg

2013WDW-Mar21MagicKingdom191_zpsa5909ef7.jpg

2013WDW-Mar20BCV005_zpscd642684.jpg

2013WDW-Mar20BCV006_zps879a36a5.jpg

2013WDW-Mar20BCV004_zps79ad5903.jpg

2013WDW-Mar20BCV013_zps4d3e61c6.jpg

2013WDW-Mar20BCV001_zpsf57c5845.jpg

Thanks Teena! We won't be in our room that much, and if we are it would be at night. I requested a full balcony, so my dh and I can unwind at night with a glass of wine! I guess the view doesn't matter if it's night time!

We had one of those SV rooms overlooking a flat roof. We had a full balcony and it was the quietest location we ever had at the BC. The parking lot and bus stop are relatively far away. We didn't hear any traffic noise from buses or cars, either. :)

I just saw this and LOVED it. Thanks for making me laugh out loud in my cubicle!

Thanks for all the lovin! When I was a little girl I was the one that all the parents needed to keep an eye on....::yes::

OMG I just snorted out loud!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: I needed this advice last year when I got attacked at SAB by crazy chair hogs!!! I need to go find that story and relive the insanity of it. ;)

Snorted eh??? Perhaps this type of response would be the best counter to the "Chair Piggy's" hissy fit.

hog-lido-blog.jpg

Chair Piggy: "You STOLE MY chair!!!"

Unwitting victim
: " Snort, Snort, SNORT!!!"

PS. If you are reading this you have to make the snorting sound out loud. It will sound really good coming from a cubicle....

Jay

Oh Jay!! You will all get through this I just know it. I wish you the best of luck and much success making this transition. :grouphug:

~NM

We had one of those SV rooms overlooking a flat roof. We had a full balcony and it was the quietest location we ever had at the BC. The parking lot and bus stop are relatively far away. We didn't hear any traffic noise from buses or cars, either. :)

Does anyone else think it's a good idea if the hotel decided to "theme" the roof VIEW in a beach motif? I'm talking sand colored rocks with blue colored rocks near the edge of the roof for that zero entry ocean effect. Maybe there could be a couple of plastic rocks to simulate a jetty and a fake wooden pier with a couple of those audio animatronic seagulls from Finding Nemo yelling "Mine, mine, mine!!!" every time someone hogs a pool chair....? :confused3

~NM

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :lovestruc I love those pictures. We used to exit through a door at the bottom of the stairs for our shortcut to Epcot. That is a nice section of the Villas because it isn't close to the road there.

We were in a 2BR villa that had two queen beds. Someone told me I was wrong, that all the studios had one queen and a sleeper sofa. I am so glad that you confirmed my memory of having two queen beds in the second bedroom. :)

You are correct. There are (I think) 24 2BR units with two queen beds in the second bedroom. This is a separate booking category than the othe 2BR units with a sleeper sofa, and the two-queen rooms are typically booked faster than the others.

And I believe that all the two-queen rooms are dedicated 2BR units, meaning they don't have a separating door to be split for booking as a 1BR and a studio. So there are no studios that have the two-queen set up.

vettegirl said:
Does anyone know what brand of beers are offered in the CL Lounge?

I can definitely recall Yuengling and I am pretty certain Bud Light and I think Heineken but not for sure. I think there are some photos out there showing the cooler with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter