1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigAWL

bigAWL DIS Veteran

Absolutely. Please feel free to use anything I post. This is the only BCV villa I've been in so I don't know if there are any differences.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

Yes, please, I would love to read all about the YC standard experiences of both of you as we don't go until October (and anyone else reading!). I got a great discount but only standard was possible and, typical for me, I am obsessing about it.

4. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

Here's another BCV room safe photo, from March 2012:

[​IMG]

That's an iPad 2 in there. The red thing behind it is the cover, folded back.

One day we put two iPod Touches in there with the iPad. That was about all we could fit in there.

These photos always make the safe look like a walk-in closet.

5. musicalgirl2010

musicalgirl2010 Earning My Ears

I'm so excited! We just booked today for my 21st birthday trip!!! We are staying at YC! I just wanted to say thanks to this thread for all the information and helping to make the decision of where to stay!

6. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

How comfortable are the beds and pillows at the BC? Are the mattresses firm/soft/just right? Does it get cold at night with the A/C on, and are there extra blankets in the room, or do you need to request them from housekeeping? I may need to ask for extras up front, because my husband likes it really cold at night.

7. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

Now to contrast this with our room at Port Orleans French Quarter there were no extra blankets in the room. The pillows seem to be the same as above and I did request extras from housekeeping. The AC/heater unit was really a beast to work with though. It went from uncontrollably cold to shooting out hot air when the temp was put at 73 degrees. That unit drove us crazy all week. It wasn't like it wasn't working at all so we didn't feel the need to call Maintenance but it was either freezing or devilishly hot. The one we had at the Beach Club behaved admirably compared to the Devil unit we had at POFQ!!

~NM

8. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

I'd much rather cold than hot. You can always pile another blanket on, but once you move into the too hot zone, ugh. Glad to hear that the A/C at BC is good!

9. triciari

triciari DIS Veteran

Crazy to ask this here, but here goes:

It's been a long, cold winter in New England, so even though our vacation is just over 2 weeks away, I want it to come sooner! I somehow got my husband to agree to 2 more days on the front of the trip!! But, I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. Those 2 days would be CL at YC, while the rest of the trip booked is GV. Should I hold out and hope that GV becomes available? Is 9 days too long for 2 adults and 3 kids in one room? I know in my opinion, longer is better, and flights and tickets are roughly the same.... Thoughts?

10. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

We typically holiday for 14-16 nights and never have a problem with all 5 of us in a room but it might be hard to go from club level to non-club level after 2 days? I would book it in a heartbeat though-an extra 2 days would definitely add extra enjoyment to your trip :)

11. triciari

triciari DIS Veteran

That's my fear. Downgrading is never fun!

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I'll make the adjustment to the list!

Sounds like a super smart move!

:goodvibes

:welcome:

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1? When is your trip?

:cool1:

Thanks for all of the safe info, everyone!

13. luvpoohandcompany

Still you are probably able to use the lounge until midnight of your check out day (someone else can probably confirm this) which would give you 3 days club level (except for the sleeping bit on the 3rd day) and it would be nice to experience it all. :) Plus you get the benefit of club level check-in on your first day which is so nice :) Ok just sold myself on the idea lol :rotfl:

14. triciari

triciari DIS Veteran

Sold me, too!! ;)

15. rea59

rea59 Mouseketeer

Just changed my reservations from split stay at WL and YC to 4 nights BC CL 1 bedroom suite 6/24 through 6/28. :cool1:

16. lobsterslayer

lobsterslayer Mouseketeer

I'm guessing these aren't allowed at SB, but does anybody know for sure?

17. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Yep! You get club level from time in you check in on 1st day until midnight on day of checkout:cool1:

I haven't stayed at that CL but at CR they were really nice. A CM told me to use shower in the exercise room after my afternoon swim because no one would be there vs doing it at the pool. That was a great tip! I had a whole room to myself to shower,dry my hair etc! See if this available there it would be handy.

We had a 7pm flight and ds15 hung out in the lounge playing his ds in a corner while we swam! He enjoyed having a space to hang out.( and those home made potato chips, and cookies too)

18. luvpoohandcompany

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
    :cool1:Lucky you :thumbsup2
    Definitely the way to go then ;)

19. bigAWL

bigAWL DIS Veteran

I'll also add the the useable depth at BCV is approximately the same as the width of a standard US passport. About 3"? I don't have a ruler.

20. funforfive

funforfive Mouseketeer

We are currently booked at POR for 3 nights the weekend after Easter...convince me to switch for about $500 more...or not. Anyone think it's worth it? We plan parks Sat, Sun and leave for early pm flight Monday. Family of 2 A 3 kids

Thanks for input:thumbsup2

21. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

I'd bet no in Storm Along Bay but Yes in the quiet pool... :idea:

The quiet pool might actually be the place to use something like this....

~NM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.