2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a whole process that one goes through when packing for a Disney trip. If you are even asking this question ahead of time you fall into the "Careful Planner" packing type as opposed to the "We can buy clean underwear down there" packing type.

My husband and I are opposite types when it comes to travel. He likes to pack and repack and then be ready to leave 4-5 hours before the flight. Me? I'm a fly by the seat of my pants sort of gal. I usually just make it to the jetway just as the doors are closing. It makes for some interesting travel mornings :)

Thanks so much for the happy trip wishes! Sue, I don't think I've really mentioned it because I don't want to go too off topic! Driving to Florida with stops in Asheville and Savannah. Then east coast of Florida and west coast of Florida next week. We'll have a couple nights in Vero Beach at the Kimpton, but plan to stop at the Disney resort for lunch and some photos. I'm at a loss on a trip to Florida without photo missions, so I have just one from a long ago post here on the thread - a photo of the beach!

Fun! We drove through Asheville and Charleston last year on our way to Hilton Head. If you're into fancy chocolates at all you MUST visit the Chocolate Fetish! There's a really yummy crepe place just a few stores down (at least, last year there was :) ). And we went to Savannah a couple of years before after our Disney cruise! Awesome city!!

And it just keeps coming down...... we're up to about a foot, and our plow guy has already been here twice!

I'll get through it..... I'll just keep imagining I'm sitting by SAB with a Sunken Treasure in one hand and a Hurricane Hannah's lobster roll in the other. Yeah, that should work. :thumbsup2

Wow, I feel bad now!! I was crabbing about the few inches we received, but was then okay with it when they cancelled DS's lax practice!!! Yes, that groundhog is a liar :)

Yuck.

We have a trip planned to Great Wolf Lodge beginning of April. Hoping swimming in an indoor pool complex will give us the illusion of summer until it finally gets here.

Now, I'm a big fan of WDW, but I've never longed for a vacation as much as I am longing for our August 2013 stay at BC.

Great Wolf Lodge looks like a fun place. I think it will do the trick till your Disney trip in August. I will be at YC, for the 1st time, in August.

Congratulations! I remember, years ago, when I joined, how long it took to get everything just right. Unfortunately, I don't remember what I did or where I found the things that I found for my signature. So, for now, it's staying the way it is (even though the time didn't update when we changed the clock the other week).

Happy "early" birthday to DD11!! :bday:

This is a very dumb question but I'm a newbie. What's a signature?

Hi!
So excited I have upgraded for our upcoming trip this summer. I had originally booked POR but I took the plunge and booked the BC for June 16-22. We stayed at POFQ last time (1 under 3) and loved it but I think the kids will fall in love with stormalong bay. They will be 8, 9( turning 10 during the trip), and 14. The proximity to Epcot is also a plus. Can't wait now only 90 days to go.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

Thank you! I will be at BC May 11 - 17. So excited :cool1:

I'll make the additions to the BOG.

:thumbsup2

I am booked for a girls only trip for YC CL in OCT. and hope for a smoother trip.

Deb- thanks for the review of your trip. So sorry that so many things did not go well, but I'm glad you have scheduled a kind of do-over.

I'll add you to the list.

:banana::banana::banana:

Hi everyone. I posted this on a seperate thread but it is not getting answered. We are staying at BWV but will probably eat a few lunches at BC Marketplace. We have the DDP. Does anyone know if the bakery items are considered dessert here? We could save them for a " only on vacation" breakfast :goodvibes

I know you are staying "across the pond" for your trip, but wanted to give you a :welcome: to this thread.

Not sure about the answer to your question, but I think you could get one of the bakery items as a dessert choice. Great idea.

Bump:

I don't have pictures- BigAWL or Dannysmom- if you happen to see this and happen to be able to snap a picture of the life jackets, we would appreciate seeing it when you get back.

We are nearing our 30 day mark soon for BC GV. Can't wait!!!

Question on life vests, I see that Disney provides life vests at SAB free of charge. For all those photographers out there, does any one have a photo of the life vest? Curious if I want to bring my own for my DD6.

Thank you

Good luck with your weekend birthday surprise!

There are some people who still must pack as if they were moving permanently and other people who pack so lightly that they are wearing the same t-shirt in every vacation picture (Dee I'm looking at YOU!).

I loved your packing tips- I may add a link to this to the "Other Useful Info" thread.

But I do feel I must defend myself. I am wearing the same shirt in every picture because my commando touring plan does not actually include any returns to the resort to change. I just go from park to park and find a hiding spot until the next morning. Nobody seems to bother me if I crash at Figment, Carousel of Progress, the AK Affection Station or any of the quick service restaurants at HS. They are just glad to have someone there!

I loved your packing tips- I may add a link to this to the "Other Useful Info" thread.

But I do feel I must defend myself. I am wearing the same shirt in every picture because my commando touring plan does not actually include any returns to the resort to change. I just go from park to park and find a hiding spot until the next morning. Nobody seems to bother me if I crash at Figment, Carousel of Progress, the AK Affection Station or any of the quick service restaurants at HS. They are just glad to have someone there!

Of course you may use it AND we LIKE your shirt, so no need to defend. Every time I'm packing for a trip I am secretly jealous of you and that shirt and I kick myself that I did not ask you to borrow it for my trip ;)!

I hereby christen this shirt the "Dee touring Uni-shirt". It's the official shirt of BC/YC "lackadaisical packers" movement.

~NM

Enjoying a lobster and shrimp roll right now. But it's a little chilly for swimming. I'm sure the girls will love it anyway.

As a fellow New Yorker, I'm with you!! As of last night's weather forecast, I learned that there are still a number of storms to come even with spring arriving. :sad2:

I'm in NJ and one of the local weathermen was saying that spring weather is going to be off by about 3 weeks. So I guess that means we have a few more weeks of yucky weather to look forward too. Too bad I didn't go ahead and book an April trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter